test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interview with Trystan Falcone

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2020 in News & Announcements
We'll be interviewing Trystan Falcone ("Walnut" from Acquisitions Inc.) on Tuesday, September 18 at 2pm PT. This will be a chance for Neverwinter community members to get to know Trystan and AI a bit better and for AI fans to engage with the Neverwinter community!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11004633

If you have a question for Trystan, leave it here and we may ask it during the stream!
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Is AI going to be an offshoot of lore for Neverwinter, an integration of a kind of philosophy for gaming, both or neither?

How can AI through NPC interaction bring in the element of DM-generated fun, as was mentioned at PAX West?

What is/are the greatest challenge(s) to translating the DnD craziness that I have watched in your videos into an MMORPG?
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Could we expect other members to make an appearance as well? I've started watching the C team with the announcement and I'm really liking it so far. I'd love to see all other members too.

How much was Acquisitions Inc. involved with the story and content of the new module? Did you make the story, gave tips, or was just presented with a story and slapped the brand on it?
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    I find the vast majority of the humor in the podcasts come from the random blurts of the players. We laugh at their dark humor or amusing complaints when things go sideways. How do you create that level of 'randomness' with Neverwinter's prewritten NPC dialogue?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • jrojasbjrojasb Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    i would to know if we will have a monk class in the future
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    What was the inspiration for your character?

How long have you been playing D&D?

What are Walnut's secret thoughts about Omin and Jim?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Guys, please note that Amy is not part of the NW dev team. Gameplay questions are unlikely to be taken up. Will be more story/D&D focused.
    FrozenFire
  • kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Will there be a new race plzzzz
  • kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @jrojasb said:
    > i would to know if we will have a monk class in the future

I would take any class by this point( I would like monk) but I’d like anything now
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    This crossover will probably bring new watchers for AI. Do you have any tips for those who just started watching?

Also, do you have any tips for people who are new to tabletop?
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Greetings Amy!
    What was your favorite aspect of bringing your character from the table to the digital realm? What was the most difficult part?
    Players can grow quite attached to their characters, especially those created from their own imagination. What emotions did you feel after being approached to allow the team at Cryptic to interpret your character? Is she how you originally envisioned her?
    Are you going to join us in-game, incognito, to see how players react to the characters, story, and content?
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

Guys, please note that Amy is not part of the NW dev team. Gameplay questions are unlikely to be taken up. Will be more story/D&D focused.

This cant be seen in the announcement and in the description. So thx for your clarification. Maybe julia is more specific next time.

Questions:

In the trailer is a big shout with "REEEWAAARDS!!!!". What does it mean? New rewards? Better rewards as the actuall loot? Rewards only for professions? New skins maybe? Personalized stuff?

Housing? :)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    After the technical issues got fixed, it was a great interview! Thank you to everyone that showed up! If you missed it, you can watch it here.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.