test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

people claiming to be hosting castle ravenloft at launch..

Comments

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    They buy multiple explorer's packs. Each one can be redeemed for their individual campaign currencies.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Yup, just a pathetic waste of zen....I’ll wait
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    > @reefriednunt#3177 said:
    > Yup, just a pathetic waste of zen....I’ll wait

Waste or not is just a personal opinion. The packs offer enough for the early unlock to be a free benefit.
    FrozenFire
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited August 2018

Waste or not is just a personal opinion. The packs offer enough for the early unlock to be a free benefit.

Especially since the pack contains, among other things:
    • unbound coalescent wards
    • vistani wanderer companion - which increases the currencies you obtain by 10% and increases the omen cap by 20 (or is it 25?) per week
    Plus early entry to Castle Ravenloft, where the price of drops (e.g. prominence enchantments) are highest in the first week and markedly decrease in subsequent weeks.

For some people, getting the packs during a sale makes up for the Zen purchase cost ...
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    > @vordayn said:
    > > @reefriednunt#3177 said:
    >
    > > Yup, just a pathetic waste of zen....I’ll wait
    >
    >
    >
    > Waste or not is just a personal opinion. The packs offer enough for the early unlock to be a free benefit.
    >
    > Especially since the pack contains, among other things:
    > * unbound coalescent wards
    >
    > * vistani wanderer companion - which increases the currencies you obtain by 10% and increases the omen cap by 20 (or is it 25?) per week
    >
    >
    > Plus early entry to Castle Ravenloft, where the price of drops (e.g. prominence enchantments) are highest in the first week and markedly decrease in subsequent weeks.
    >
    > For some people, getting the packs during a sale makes up for the Zen purchase cost ...

Let's not forget the 20x Enchanted Keys :p
    FrozenFire
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

It is not a free benefit at the cost of 7500 zen for each pack. I would not even bother unless there was a really good companion or something else worth getting in the pack. At least at 7500 zen the pack value was worth it due to the coal wards and other extras you gained, but at the current price of 10,000 I would skip it.

Also CR does not offer any better loot than CoDG or T9 making early access to CR even less of a value that the prior two packs offered.

I was planning on using the new seals to replace some of my gear on my DC,mainly hands and boots. Than today during a hunt in one of the extra boxes I got 520 gloves that had almost 3K power and 1K defense. Those easily became BiS for me as a AC/DC, replacing my vivified primal gloves.
  • riskybiz316#9412 riskybiz316 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    The benefit of opening it day 1 was pulling prom shards and selling them at 800k each. And or thirst artifacts for 800k. 15k zen to open day 1. 10 coalwards at 1000 zen each not to mention 40 keys. 2 companions only available with purchase of the pack and a mount. So before you even run the dungeon for anything you’ve only spent realistically 1000 zen to run new content on day 1. With 10 runs of CR you made more than your money back from the 1k zen you invested.