What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing Neverwinter: The Heart of Fire featuring Acquisitions Incorporated

Comments

• happydice#5796 happydice Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm excited.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    hugienwn said:

I'm just not sure what the endgame players will spend the next 3-6 months doing?

I spend it crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Looks like an event(not a mod) that is ok to do once and then never go back again. Realy hope i am wrong.

EDIT: Oh and the Professions rework have me really nervous it can be great or another ad nerf
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited September 2018

WTF srsly 6 of novembre for this thing 1 skirmish ? are you guys really aware of the state of the game we had mod 14 for too long and it has 0 content barovia was boring the new castle ravenloft people aren't even playing or farming because it's not a dungeon but rather a monologue and once u get ur seals ur out of there
    the game is really thin on players right now and Module 15 is only way to save it so i don't get how a comedy parody should be a module with 1 skirmish that's not even end game
    people are getting bored of no content to play TONG FBI MSP are all boring now and they give you no incencitive to run them or any dungeon for that matter
    please reconsider the content for this module otherwise we really are going downhill because mod 14 was not a Module that is praise worthy or provided anything new to the game

Jaded much?

M14 was only released 2 months ago on PC. It came out on console just this week. I can't speak for "the game" - I don't pretend to have access to server data - but in the OG areas and level 70 zones I've visited, there is no shortage of players. In the random leveling and intermediate queues I've joined, it is consistently taking less than 60 seconds to start.

To say that CR and TONG offers no incentive implies you've earned all you want/need from them. This is not the case for many, many other players.
    The problem is Mod 14 had 1 hour a week campaign that was done in little over a month. The dungeon is great fun but most of the player base have not played it yet (master normal version that hard).

I like mod 14 but the short cummings and the ad nerf had caused me to play 2-3 hours less per day(no reason to play more) and rather play nwo competitors at that time. This is not a good thing
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I was really expecting a Waterdeep mod. Kinda disappoint.
    The basilisk mount in the video looks nice though. Can anyone identify the creature at 0:31?
    - 18% -
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    So from what I gather from the PAX panel this isn't going to be endgame content. It is actually a mod that adds stuff mostly on the levelling part of the game, I think they said from level 15. So from the looks of it the lion share is going to levelling players.
    So it's actually a lot of content since it'll run along side the regular levelling. End game players just won't get much of it.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Just want new class and a lvl cap increase, with either new dungeons or old dungeons retiring like lair of the mad dragon
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I wonder then if it will be similar to what Tyranny of Dragons zones were, where they will scale down players that are in the area. At least that way end-game players won't be completely overpowering doing the zone quests.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Overlevel players still do that in mod 4 areas.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Please, the Lord, let us bless RNG together that this module brings more class balance changes and item gear overhauling than actual content. (Maybe add another end-game dungeon? That's it though). 'Cause I cannot deal with this game should it continue to dump "amazing and vast story-lines and dungeons" that have a price tag of 6 weeks of broken set bonuses, armour effects and PvP...

If you don't fix scourge warlock, I demand a refund. I've spent nothing but I will be asking for one. I want to be refunded my soul... (It was scorched).
  • daaaqe#8284 daaaqe Member Posts: 22 Arc User

Please, the Lord, let us bless RNG together that this module brings more class balance changes and item gear overhauling than actual content. (Maybe add another end-game dungeon? That's it though). 'Cause I cannot deal with this game should it continue to dump "amazing and vast story-lines and dungeons" that have a price tag of 6 weeks of broken set bonuses, armour effects and PvP...

If you don't fix scourge warlock, I demand a refund. I've spent nothing but I will be asking for one. I want to be refunded my soul... (It was scorched).

I pray with you o:)

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    A few thoughts:
    • I expected something totally different from Mod 15 - something that would tie more in with the Waterdeep/Undermountain adventure being released by WotC - as it is, it seems there is a bit of connection, but nothing like what we had with SoMI and Chult.
    • A "profession rework" sounds good - I mean, professions are so useless right now that they cannot really get much worse. My personal concern, however, has to do with Masterwork - no matter how the rework is implemented, it has to ensure a significant advantage for the people who put a lot of effort into getting Masterwork - otherwise you will get a lot of really pised-off players.
    • OK, we get a new skirmish, but it seems there is no major new "end-game" content - this means people will continue running ToNG and CoDG. CR is nowhere as popular, due to the failure to get an acceptable reward/effort ratio there.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    So, Waterdeep in Mod 16 I guess? I am ambivalent about the announcement. It's their world, we just play in it. Nothing they do really surprises me anymore. Some things frustrate me, yes, but when they add/nerf/balance things, I'm not surprised.
    I aim to misbehave
  • rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Too soon to tell. Actually I think adding lower tier content is not a bad idea, there is such a grind wall between reaching lv 70 and getting strong enough for the higher tier content that a lot of new players drop off. My daughter use to play the game with me but that is what drove her away and she was paying for VIP and spent money on the game.

I kinda like the inside jokes of the preview there. I have heard the Penny Arcade games and they are generally fun to listen to.

If mod 15 is huge like was indicated then maybe this is just a small part of it. Maybe we will get a new class and/or race along with the profession refresh. Personally I would like them to clean up the "cobwebs" from the game, rework rewards and such.

My guess is Waterdeep almost seems like it should be an expansion, it is such a big city. Might take them longer to build it out.
  • seventaru#1314 seventaru Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    This would be a really great time to bring back some of those old dungeons and stuff. I would actually be okay with not having a new map to play on if it meant lots of fixes and some revamps to old content to make it worth revisiting.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    I've never been more disappointed in content than this.
  • pedro2908926pedro2908926 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    you guys are going to launch another mod when theres lots of players who cant play anymore since last mod? really? nobody say anything about those performance issues, its been almost 2 months since ive stoped play Neverwinter cuz its just unplayable.

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1241083/fps-drop-issue/p1
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Here are my concerns:
    • The professions are indeed in a serious need of overhaul, but if it is done incorrectly it will do more harm than good. As things stand, most profession tasks are useless. There is a handful of Masterwork tasks, jewels and such that are worthwhile...and a few Leadership tasks. Anyhow, the overhaul is needed - just don't mess it up.
    • There is no mention of any specific "end-game" content. Yes, there is a new skirmish, and if it is a good one, with appropriate rewards, it will take care of this problem - otherwise "end-game" players will be stuck just running ToNG and CoDG. I am not mentioning CR, because although it was a decent effort, it is a bit of a failure, as described here: Why CR is a failure This may result in some players becoming bored and spending their time on something else.
    • So far, this sounds a bit like the Benign Order of the Third Eye campaign - that is, fun and not too challenging content that you run through once and then forget. Is there anything that will keep us occupied for 3-4 months?
    Maybe I am being too pessimistic....I hope so, at least.

Hoping for improvements...
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I am curious about this upcoming mod 15, as soon as it gets on the Preview server, I will patch and test it.

All my other ramblings about this module are on this thread...
    wb-cenders.gif
  • arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    It was stated in the SW preview a while back that the Mod after Ravenloft would have more significant SW changes. I'm also hoping the professions overhaul lets us upgrade rings to +5, Nova hinted at that in one of his videos. If so, that +5 Hunt Ring achievement would actually be possible.
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Neverwinter seriously needs new stuff. New content to keep players busy. As an end-game player, there's nothing to do now in the game, if not farming the usual tong/codg/msp <--- we have done this for months and months now.

Neverwinter needs something really refreshing, like a new class, new races, new systems, new maps, different methods to keep players busy, I don't know what you are waiting.
    We have now 2 more months ahead with NO CONTENT in the game.

Update your events. Most of the events in the game have NEVER gotten an update in YEARS and this made them completely obsolete, both in terms of rewards and playability.

Update the loots table. Most of the dungeon loots are just salvage and Seals = more salvage. Players have millions of Rough ADs that will take months if not years to Refine. Running dungeons at this point is only worth for the Ultimate Enchanting Stones in Tong and Cradle. There is honestly no point in farming any other dungeon in the game because loots have no point.

I really hope you're addressing all of this in your next updates.

Cheers
  • trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User

WTF srsly 6 of novembre for this thing 1 skirmish ? are you guys really aware of the state of the game we had mod 14 for too long and it has 0 content barovia was boring the new castle ravenloft people aren't even playing or farming because it's not a dungeon but rather a monologue and once u get ur seals ur out of there
    the game is really thin on players right now and Module 15 is only way to save it so i don't get how a comedy parody should be a module with 1 skirmish that's not even end game
    people are getting bored of no content to play TONG FBI MSP are all boring now and they give you no incencitive to run them or any dungeon for that matter
    please reconsider the content for this module otherwise we really are going downhill because mod 14 was not a Module that is praise worthy or provided anything new to the game

Jaded much?

M14 was only released 2 months ago on PC. It came out on console just this week. I can't speak for "the game" - I don't pretend to have access to server data - but in the OG areas and level 70 zones I've visited, there is no shortage of players. In the random leveling and intermediate queues I've joined, it is consistently taking less than 60 seconds to start.

To say that CR and TONG offers no incentive implies you've earned all you want/need from them. This is not the case for many, many other players.
    well compared to the last few years yes there is less and less people playing now and its sad to see really.
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    hugienwn said:

For an MMO that offers relatively few dungeons for endgame characters, I'm a little disappointed that we'll have to wait many more months before seeing the next chunk of meaningful content released -- especially given how short Barovia was. Unless there's something yet-to-be-revealed like a level cap raise or something similarly earth-shattering, I'm just not sure what the endgame players will spend the next 3-6 months doing?

Hey, count your blessings! At least you're not playing SWTOR! Okay, I'll admit that was a cheap shot... but then I also have to admit that SWTOR is a cheap game. Almost two years to churn out ONE Operation! Sloppy!

In all seriousness, I left SWTOR for Neverwinter because I am impressed at how (regardless of mod size) there appears to be consistent development in new content for Neverwinter. And taking into consideration all of the vast pre-existing content from D&D and AD&D that can be ported over to Neverwinter, only good things can be expected. Best of all, Neverwinter isn't owned by Disney.

(Using my enthusiastic Cleric voice) "Can I hear an 'Amen'? SOMEBODY TESTIFY!"
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • gloomx72gloomx72 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    This looks more like an event than anything. Day of the Dungeon Master 2.0. I wont judge yet and hope there is some big surprises not yet unveiled. A little humor never hurts and something other than the daily grind... but this seems so lacking for a Mod15 and more like an event as i mentioned. Hope I'm wrong....!
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    I'm hoping this answers a few of my hopes: add a mid level campaign and add more playable and fun dungeons to the RQs. If i'm right in my hypothesis, then this module will be a precursor to the big waterdeep module that was heavily commented on with that stream that hit this summer. This module i'm assuming will satisfy players and give cryptic developers time to make the big waterdeep module completely satisfying to the large endgame playerbase.

JUST PLEASE MAKE ALL THE ELEMENTS IN THE MODULE EASILY ACCESSIBLE IN PREVIEW SO WE CAN GET THE BUGS OUT BEFORE LIVE !!!!
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    I highly doubt this is a new module... They have themselves said this is a content update, meaning this is not a module.