test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

why so many 2x enchants?

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
never thought I"d complain about too many of these events but once a month seems really high. the market is inundated with enchants. even adding another 2 weeks in between events would be helpful to letting the supply be evened out a bit.

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    We will send you a Moon Elf GF in return, kthx
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Happy to give them to you RJ! Or you could just start playing on xbox ;P

Seriously, you need to slow these down. You changed how AD flows into the economy with the account cap, increasing player reliance on marketplace sales in order to amass wealth. Now you are running these events so often that the RP market has declined 40%, reducing both the amount of AD being taken out of the economy through tradehouse taxes and the number of people posting RP up for sale. Our calendar only shows through mid October now and we still have 2 coming up.

We need this events to be like they were, every other month at the most, otherwise you are just destabilizing the market.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    the controllers are so much more natural to use too! pc has preview servers and act and cool ppl.. but other than that. xbox has a lot going for it. :)
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Given all the stuff we can Refine now (not to mention Guilds still ranking up) I am happy with the way it is I vote leave it alone (not everyone is a Trade house warrior) some people still need to rank up not sell their stuff of imho!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    yeah but they should be saving up for it. stuff shouldn't be free. people will stop buying lock boxes if there is no profit in it whatsoever. and it's quickly getting to that point. that the enchant stacks were profitable is what keeps people buying. right now the cost of a companion box isn't worth anything near what it gives. every month is really too often. way too often. every other month would be better. really the first choice for actual levelling should be quartermasters. and that is something you can save and plan for. how many do can you honestly save in one month? it's oversaturation.
  • Options
    spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    People will never stop buying lockboxes lol.
  • Options

yeah but they should be saving up for it. stuff shouldn't be free. people will stop buying lock boxes if there is no profit in it whatsoever. and it's quickly getting to that point. that the enchant stacks were profitable is what keeps people buying. right now the cost of a companion box isn't worth anything near what it gives. every month is really too often. way too often. every other month would be better. really the first choice for actual levelling should be quartermasters. and that is something you can save and plan for. how many do can you honestly save in one month? it's oversaturation.

I rarely Disagree with you, however I will here, how people spend their money is a matter for them, I could whine that the cost of Leg packs has plummetted but I wont (and dont) market forces are just that.
    There are numerous ways to make money on the market ranking up enchants rather than trying to sell the base variants will still make considerable returns. Mastercraft raw materials still make fair prices and now with the new zone you can sell the blue level 490 gear and the +5 companion gear, further the fact these drop in those boxes will likely push the price of the companion packs north.
    Dont see why there is a problem so still vote no!
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Now you are running these events so often that the RP market has declined 40%

Do you think this wasn't the intended outcome?
  • Options
    kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    As someone who uses the enchant weekend to level up the enchants on their gear..and given how fast gear comes and goes in this game, would like to level up a few more after finally completing my equipped ones (11-12presently), I’m all for it. Additionally, in this newish world of loadouts, having enchants semi permantly installed in gear specific to the build is preferable..and let’s not forget artifacts, belts, neck pieces.. it’s going to be quite some time before market considerations get close to factoring into this debate.
  • Options
    legendary3b#0730 legendary3b Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I think the reason we have less time or more is so people spend more on wards which I've rarely gotten on drops.
  • Options
    I"m not saying I never want 2x enchants.. I'm just saying every month is too often. the market isn't balanced.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited August 2018

I"m not saying I never want 2x enchants.. I'm just saying every month is too often. the market isn't balanced.

I think at this particular time it is ok. This is our firstlook at the new format on console, so that is good that they did it right after roll out. Second, they have never given artifact weapons, artifact equipment and artifacts to players in such a quantity. I believe the need for RP will be increasing and the extra events will be an assist, especially for players with several alts.
  • Options
    zephyriah said:

I think at this particular time it is ok. This is our firstlook at the new format on console, so that is good that they did it right after roll out. Second, they have never given artifact weapons, artifact equipment and artifacts to players in such a quantity. I believe the need for RP will be increasing and the extra events will be an assist, especially for players with several alts.

but there is another one less than a month away. and there was one last month and the month before that an a full what two weeks of it before that. it's a holiday weekend. I get it. fine.. but another one next month too? it's a pattern at this point. every month.. it shouldn't be every single month
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited August 2018

zephyriah said:

but there is another one less than a month away. and there was one last month and the month before that an a full what two weeks of it before that. it's a holiday weekend. I get it. fine.. but another one next month too? it's a pattern at this point. every month.. it shouldn't be every single month
    What I mean is next month is good as well. Some players will try to upgrade all three artifacts, the belt, neck and weapons. This will take a lot of RP for them. Most players won't, but I think some will. That's why I think it is a good idea. It would have been bad to give all this free equipment and not give a way to help refine it all. That would also have caused complaints.

This should also provide a boost to the enchantment market, but I would guess that may be a few weeks away. Closer to the time most players get CR unlocked.

After the next one, I would hope it will go back to averaging every 6 weeks or so.
  • Options
    zephyriah said:

zephyriah said:

What I mean is next month is good as well. Some players will try to upgrade all three artifacts, the belt, neck and weapons. This will take a lot of RP for them. Most players won't, but I think some will. That's why I think it is a good idea. It would have been bad to give all this free equipment and not give a way to help refine it all. That would also have caused complaints.

This should also provide a boost to the enchantment market, but I would guess that may be a few weeks away. Closer to the time most players get CR unlocked.

After the next one, I would hope it will go back to averaging every 6 weeks or so.
    it's not a big deal. it's gives people something to work for. it didn't used to be this way where everything was so plentiful that people could just do it without thinking about it. saving up over a couple months isn't a bad thing. I stand by it.. it's too much. this summer has just been too much. I'd think most people would have a decent amount of rp already saved up
  • Options
    Why is it too much? Simply because it affects one of your avenues of earning ad isn’t really a reason.

I think it’s fine due to the large amounts of enchants, artifact gear(including weapons), and alternate gear for loadouts which needs to be leveled up. If loadouts swapped enchants it would be slightly less of a reason..but again, gear in this game comes and goes so quickly that even if you we’re sporting all rank 14’s it would seem prudent to have a few extra enchants in the bank to accommodate stat fluxuation between pieces of gear. Know eventually I’ll be working towards that.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I agree with fireside and we can sit here going back and forth until we're blue in the face.

Yes, we don't like this many 2x enchants because it's devalued RP in the AH dramatically.
    Yes, you love this many 2x enchants because you either don't have to buy RP or are able to buy it cheaper.

There's no middle ground here since one group wants more AD from sales and one wants more free RP.

A stack of emeralds was going for 50k AD like 6 weeks ago and now it's 32k. That's a steep drop and it's been pretty consistent across the board for all RP. We can see the pattern on calendar. Maybe it changes, maybe it doesn't.

But right now, this seems like another conscious decision to limit AD.
  • Options
    eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    I rather have one every 2-3 months, I have friends who are still gearing and need rp so I can understand the need for rp and ppl who like having them so frequently. It is wat it is, just have to make the best of it rn.
  • Options

Why is it too much? Simply because it affects one of your avenues of earning ad isn’t really a reason.

I think it’s fine due to the large amounts of enchants, artifact gear(including weapons), and alternate gear for loadouts which needs to be leveled up. If loadouts swapped enchants it would be slightly less of a reason..but again, gear in this game comes and goes so quickly that even if you we’re sporting all rank 14’s it would seem prudent to have a few extra enchants in the bank to accommodate stat fluxuation between pieces of gear. Know eventually I’ll be working towards that.

it hurts everyone when the market is so flooded that everything is worthless. the market is not healthy.
  • Options

I rather have one every 2-3 months, I have friends who are still gearing and need rp so I can understand the need for rp and ppl who like having them so frequently. It is wat it is, just have to make the best of it rn.

we've all had to gear up at some point or another and even when the events are less plentiful there are still ways to gear up. there is no such thing as a 2x refinement like it used to be where you had to wait for it to refine. then I could see it. but just having an event where enchantments are doubled should be no hinderance to gearing up if it is less often. there are plenty of ways to find refinement.
  • Options
    eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > I rather have one every 2-3 months, I have friends who are still gearing and need rp so I can understand the need for rp and ppl who like having them so frequently. It is wat it is, just have to make the best of it rn.
    >
    > we've all had to gear up at some point or another and even when the events are less plentiful there are still ways to gear up. there is no such thing as a 2x refinement like it used to be where you had to wait for it to refine. then I could see it. but just having an event where enchantments are doubled should be no hinderance to gearing up if it is less often. there are plenty of ways to find refinement.

Definitely, on average I can get around 2-4k from green gear and wf. Just saying there 2 sides of the coin, I would prefer less frequent x2 enchantsenchants instead of having one every month practically. Hopefully it slows down but that just means I have to wait longer till this phase passes to sell my rp. Until then I can build up even more I guess.
  • Options
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > Why is it too much? Simply because it affects one of your avenues of earning ad isn’t really a reason.
    >
    >
    >
    > I think it’s fine due to the large amounts of enchants, artifact gear(including weapons), and alternate gear for loadouts which needs to be leveled up. If loadouts swapped enchants it would be slightly less of a reason..but again, gear in this game comes and goes so quickly that even if you we’re sporting all rank 14’s it would seem prudent to have a few extra enchants in the bank to accommodate stat fluxuation between pieces of gear. Know eventually I’ll be working towards that.
    >
    > it hurts everyone when the market is so flooded that everything is worthless. the market is not healthy.

The market is just adjusting, not unhealthy. This particular cash cow my not be as useful anymore..but let’s face it, rp for people who need it much less, has been pretty much, easy money. Sure it’s a bummer when this happens. But as a former middle man in the real world, you will adjust. Such is life and all that.

Thing is. At least personally..this increase in rp has made me spend more $, than ever before,on wards..and that my friend is probably the point of all of these things. By making leveling of gear outpace ad earnings(for some) it encourages zen purchases over ad->zen conversion. Again, not for everyone, but I’d wager their earnings have grown considerably in this area through this period.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Ps: pwe is a public company which isn’t really a net positive anymore...in fact I can’t really think of any pubic company I have a very high opinion of with the exception of Tesla, which hopefully won’t be public for much longer. Personally I feel the f2p is a steaming pile of hampster and would take a subscription model any day...
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User

A stack of emeralds was going for 50k AD like 6 weeks ago and now it's 32k. That's a steep drop and it's been pretty consistent across the board for all RP. We can see the pattern on calendar. Maybe it changes, maybe it doesn't.

32k is better than 0k.

Of course, things selling for less means sellers getting less and goes hand in hand with the 100k cap. Keep in mind that often enough when players get something, somewhere on the back end they are losing something else.

The quicker players rank up enchantments the quicker they get to the more expensive parts which require SMoP's, UES's, UMoP's and all the while requiring preservation wards...

When things drop in value the sellers often enough complain and the buyers rejoice. Yin and Yang, they essentially both need each other though the buyers are the most important because w/o them, yea...
    Multiple loadouts with their own enchantments is a decent route to go instead of repeatedly spending gold to swap. With Primal gear being easier to acquire in Mod 14, multiple sets of enchantments, ranked up with plentiful/cheaper RP to slot into multiple sets of Primal/Barovia/Artifact neck+belt equipment is a great way to become more efficient with less cost in the long run. Extra sets of neck and belts can be ranked to purple and still be quite effective especially on other characters that don't have as much campaign progress.

it hurts everyone when the market is so flooded that everything is worthless. the market is not healthy.

It doesn't hurt buyers...

Buyers ought to be able to have their time in the spotlight by being able to get more for less just like the sellers want to have their time in it by selling things for more.

deflation is a good thing. if things cost less the money is still worth what it is worth today in what you can buy for an ad and in some cases you can buy more for that same dollar than you could before.

Deflation is a good thing right, remember? In regard to RP prices dropping well there you go, or did you mean deflation only in regard to where you aren't negatively affected?...

Personally I feel the f2p is a steaming pile of hampster and would take a subscription model any day...

Subscription based play is a static cost for players and consistent revenue though in regard to players what can come with that is the looming shadow of "I have to get my money's worth" which translates into playing enough to satisfy it. With F2P a player can put the game down for a period of time, come back and not have necessarily lost anything, players can also earn their progress through play, yes it may take longer but there's no monetary cost attached to it in-game. If done right F2P games can satisfy both spenders and non-spenders and at the same time encourage periodic spending though what tends to happen is trying to heavily incline players to spend which essentially makes it all go to hell.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @eclipseblood#1326 yeah, me too.

32k is better than 0k.

Of course, things selling for less means sellers getting less and goes hand in hand with the 100k cap. Keep in mind that often enough when players get something, somewhere on the back end they are losing something else.

The quicker players rank up enchantments the quicker they get to the more expensive parts which require SMoP's, UES's, UMoP's and all the while requiring preservation wards...

When things drop in value the sellers often enough complain and the buyers rejoice. Yin and Yang, they essentially both need each other though the buyers are the most important because w/o them, yea...
    Multiple loadouts with their own enchantments is a decent route to go instead of repeatedly spending gold to swap. With Primal gear being easier to acquire in Mod 14, multiple sets of enchantments, ranked up with plentiful/cheaper RP to slot into multiple sets of Primal/Barovia/Artifact neck+belt equipment is a great way to become more efficient with less cost in the long run. Extra sets of neck and belts can be ranked to purple and still be quite effective especially on other characters that don't have as much campaign progress.

It doesn't hurt buyers...

Buyers ought to be able to have their time in the spotlight by being able to get more for less just like the sellers want to have their time in it by selling things for more.

deflation is a good thing. if things cost less the money is still worth what it is worth today in what you can buy for an ad and in some cases you can buy more for that same dollar than you could before.

Deflation is a good thing right, remember? In regard to RP prices dropping well there you go, or did you mean deflation only in regard to where you aren't negatively affected?...

Personally I feel the f2p is a steaming pile of hampster and would take a subscription model any day...

Subscription based play is a static cost for players and consistent revenue though in regard to players what can come with that is the looming shadow of "I have to get my money's worth" which translates into playing enough to satisfy it. With F2P a player can put the game down for a period of time, come back and not have necessarily lost anything, players can also earn their progress through play, yes it may take longer but there's no monetary cost attached to it in-game. If done right F2P games can satisfy both spenders and non-spenders and at the same time encourage periodic spending though what tends to happen is trying to heavily incline players to spend which essentially makes it all go to hell.
    yes deflation is a good thing when the entire market is in sync. but deflation is only happening on this part of the market not the adx or the cost of packs. they are just as expensive as they ever were. when the amount doubles of what is opened the price is falling beyond what it should for the cost to buy. that's bad.

if the market were cheaper to buy the stuff in the first place then having things sell at a lower price isn't bad. that's in line.

this glut of 2x enchants has been going on all summer far longer than the new ad refine changes. Personally i'd rather see a lot more 2x campaigns.

and it isn't good for prices to be lower on the ah vs higher for getting ad out of the system. the higher the price the more ad exits the system. other than that it's just trading hands. not being limited. this also doesn't just affect fat cats. selling refinement is one of the things lower level players also do for some cash.

I don't think this has anything to do with the economy. (why they're running it so much) I think they're trying to get people to buy more legendary keys. I think these farming events are probably very good for that but there are other things they could do that would have a similar effect. what if they did a 2x chance of good stuff to drop from dungeons weekends. if they alternated the events every month then the net effect on keys would be the same and the entire economy would be a little better regulated imo
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • Options

It seems to me that the idea here from the Devs is to level the playing field and get everyone to a decent base level ready for future much harder content. Plus bear in mind we lost a lot of RP when they changed the rules on throwing gear in, former Legendary gear that used to give you 80% when thrown in to new gear now only gives you 50K as I found out when 14 Dropped.
    It appears to me that all they have done here is redress the balance to that impact!
    I have no desire to fund someone Else's gaming, because my former investments in RP have been wiped out!
    Leave it as is :)

• Options
    edited September 2018
    mahburg said:

It seems to me that the idea here from the Devs is to level the playing field and get everyone to a decent base level ready for future much harder content. Plus bear in mind we lost a lot of RP when they changed the rules on throwing gear in, former Legendary gear that used to give you 80% when thrown in to new gear now only gives you 50K as I found out when 14 Dropped.
    It appears to me that all they have done here is redress the balance to that impact!
    I have no desire to fund someone Else's gaming, because my former investments in RP have been wiped out!

they made rp flow like water and the sheer amount you need is way less. there is no need for catching up. the only ones who need to buy masses at once are wallet warriors. if you are doing the quartermasters you should have more than enough rp to upgrade stuff and there is no need to wait on refining the other rp you pull from things like wanderers and dragonshoard anymore. you don' tneed monthly to refine your quartermasters. I barely have enough saved up in a month to make a difference.

it's silly and too much. I firmly stand by that. a couple in a row no big deal but it's been six months of every month.
  • Options

mahburg said:

they made rp flow like water and the sheer amount you need is way less. there is no need for catching up. the only ones who need to buy masses at once are wallet warriors. if you are doing the quartermasters you should have more than enough rp to upgrade stuff and there is no need to wait on refining the other rp you pull from things like wanderers and dragonshoard anymore. you don' tneed monthly to refine your quartermasters. I barely have enough saved up in a month to make a difference.

it's silly and too much. I firmly stand by that. a couple in a row no big deal but it's been six months of every month.
    Yes but they took stuff away at the same time so we will have to agree to disagree, Wallet warriors weren't their concern I firmly believe, more the average Joe who had a lot of his RP value wiped out and who needed to replace it plus the need to take enchants up to 14, restoring Bondings to their former effectiveness etc, oversupply just means sellers cant take advantage of that removal and adjustments, seems fair to me!

Cheers
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Bad/not good for who though?

The cost to buy/sell on the AH/ADX isn't set in stone which is a good thing. When things lose their AH value (especially when having been maintained for a time) it understandably doesn't necessarily feel too good to the seller though if you put all your eggs in one basket and you drop it... The more sources of income the better, some take more/longer to get going to be consistently profitable.

In regard to the AH if things are selling low it's a buyer's market, if things are selling high it's a seller's market, the ADX simply determines how much AD/Zen you can get from trading. Those that "generously" spend money and or have sizeable AD reserves, high value items to sell, etc. have the upper hand especially with having the ability to buy up the lower priced items and repost higher for a possible profit.

Even if one particular part of the market deflates it's still a good thing, especially for those that take advantage of it. RP being down opens the opportunity for players to be able to buy more for less, what goes around comes around. The market is organic and it's just that things aren't as "synced" as they were previously (thanks to the exterior influences?) and a different kind of dynamic is present.

Even if the ADX dropped from 500 to 300 that doesn't necessarily mean AH prices will reflect it and if AH don't reflect it that will be a "bad" thing for people wanting to sell Zen for high value items though a good thing for those trading AD for Zen... UES's went from 800k+ to less than 200k and the ADX was around the same, back then 10 USD wouldn't have gotten you 1 UES, now it will get you about 4 of them... when the supply went up, the prices went down and was essentially independent of the ADX rates.

AD essentially only exits the system via the AH cut and WB, everything else is pretty much just changing hands/form. Personally would advocate for higher AH cuts depending on the post value, it would help curve some of the more exorbitant prices on things.

The thing about the 2x chances idea, although quite decent and depending on how it functions, the majority of players probably wouldn't buy LDK's but would essentially just use campaign/epic keys and you KNOW how things often go when it comes to a choice between Cryptic/PWE either giving the players something and not having their hand out or giving the players something while taking something away and or it costing them. More 2x campaigns sounds good though doesn't sound good for selling campaign completion tokens...

As far as the new RP system, getting artifacts/neck and belt to epic is now fairly easy/cheap. Disagreeing with " the only ones who need to buy masses at once are wallet warriors" statement, anyone who makes multiples of enchantments for other characters/does a lot of refining can be inclined to buy RP, WW or not. Even if a player run's QM's and now that running multiple characters doesn't provide the same rewards via RQ and on top of that QM's stop/slow producing after a while a number of player will be getting less QM bags due to them running fewer characters if not simply 1 which means less self produced RP for them.

Personally can agree with the economy statement, all these exterior influences to it just don't seem to be in favor of the players, as usual there seems to be a ulterior motive that will cost the players in some kind of way(s).

To anyone here, bring up a time where a change(s) were made and the player base benefited without a setback... not stating that it hasn't happened, just trying to make something more apparent. Overall the player base seems to only get things if Cryptic/PWE can profit from it some kind of way... A LOT of players complain about the "one step forward, two steps back" cycle.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen