test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shared AD bank suggestion.

Prior to the introduction of the shared AD bank I, and I'm sure others, used the ZADX to basically achieve the same end.

The new AD bank does help where "loose change" is concerned, allowing you to pool ALL the AD and not be left with 23 here or 40 there.

However...
One advantage the old AD pooling system had over the new was that you could buy Zen far easier.
Now you have to check the Zen price, go back to your bank, withdraw that amount, and go back to the ZADX and buy your Zen.

How about, (since Zen is also acct bound) linking your shared AD acct to the ZADX thereby allowing you to bypass the rigmarole and allow you to trade straight from the pool?

Not a major issue granted, but it would add to the idea that the shared AD bank is meant to make things easier.

Comments

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Err what? How did buying your Zen change in any way? AD Bank storage is meant to transfer AD from one character to another. If you're going to buy Zen just buy it on whichever character. Zen is account wide. Also, it's a very bad idea for AD to be directly used from a shared bank, since that is quite often used for safe keeping.

Edit: Okay, you do realize its account wide. So where is the problem really? I can't figure it out, mind rephrasing that?
    FrozenFire
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    As I said, prior to the change I used to use the ZADX as the "bank".

So, all my AD, bar a few were in the ZADX already.

This meant that if I wanted to buy Zen I just did... I opened it, I entered how many I wanted at the going rate and the transition happened.
    If I wanted to buy something from the AH or WB, etc on a specific character I would (just like you do now with the bank...) withdraw that amount from the ZADX and buy it.

The new bank has the advantage of having a higher cap, and being able to take all AD and not leave loose change in charcters own accts.

Hope that makes sense.

I'm not sure everyone shares your idea that the bank is merely for transferring AD from one character to another and may believe it can also be very useful when used as... a "Bank".
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Well, people don't typically store all their AD, except to safeguard a portion or so, in which case it's expected to be safe and not accidently used.

You should probably just continue to use ZAX, nothing has been changed in that regard. And considering your frequent usage on multiple characters, the loose change doesn't matter.
    FrozenFire
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User

Well, people don't typically store all their AD, except to safeguard a portion or so, in which case it's expected to be safe and not accidently used.

You should probably just continue to use ZAX, nothing has been changed in that regard. And considering your frequent usage on multiple characters, the loose change doesn't matter.

Honestly, his suggestion is a good one. People are going to use the AD bank in all sorts of different ways, including ways you might personally not think of/think worthwhile. It would be smart and simple to link the shared AD bank to the ADX interface and eliminate the unnecessary intermediate steps.

When you have AD, not Zen, storing AD in the ADX gets more and more difficult since Zen purchase orders use AD stored in the ADX interface before AD stored on the character. The bank vault gives you a safe place to store all your AD, without generating needless purchase requests to the server.

While they're at it might as well update the Vault storage UI to indicate how much AD the character has, ridiculous thing to not have access to the amount of AD you have available to deposit without exiting and checking your inventory.

Honestly, his suggestion is a good one. People are going to use the AD bank in all sorts of different ways, including ways you might personally not think of/think worthwhile. It would be smart and simple to link the shared AD bank to the ADX interface and eliminate the unnecessary intermediate steps.

When you have AD, not Zen, storing AD in the ADX gets more and more difficult since Zen purchase orders use AD stored in the ADX interface before AD stored on the character. The bank vault gives you a safe place to store all your AD, without generating needless purchase requests to the server.

While they're at it might as well update the Vault storage UI to indicate how much AD the character has, ridiculous thing to not have access to the amount of AD you have available to deposit without exiting and checking your inventory.
    Yeah, its annoying when you go to store your trade bars or AD and then realise you forgot to check first exactly how many you have to deposit.
    But apparently, we're using it wrong anyway and its just for transferring and not for actual "banking"...
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Yeah, its annoying when you go to store your trade bars or AD and then realise you forgot to check first exactly how many you have to deposit.
    But apparently, we're using it wrong anyway and its just for transferring and not for actual "banking"...
    I do like the idea of seeing how much I have on my character at the deposit/withdrawal window.
    Yeah.
    That applies to all shared resources. AD, Trade Bars, even Companion Upgrade Tokens if that ever gets fixed.

I couldn't begin to count how often I've popped my daily lockbox key and gone straight to the bank to drop in Trade Bars before realising that it would help if I checked first to see how many I've got.