test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R.I.P.

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
The next time you are in Barovia, observe closely the ghosts that march on Castle Ravenloft at night...
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Care to spoil it for those of us who can't be bothered to check? ;-)
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Spoilers, please! I won't get to check until this weekend, by which time I'll have forgotten I need to go see this! And also share where to go, exactly, because I DO want to see this in person!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited August 2018

Spoilers, please! I won't get to check until this weekend, by which time I'll have forgotten I need to go see this! And also share where to go, exactly, because I DO want to see this in person!

I don't know what OP wanted to point out (he said "observe closely"). The march is from the Grave yard entrance to the Castle. It happens in night time but I don't know what the exact time is.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There is sometimes a mounted ghost you can talk to at the graveyard gates.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    pitshade said:

There is sometimes a mounted ghost you can talk to at the graveyard gates.

Yes, you can talk to that ghost before the march begins. He told a story why they march.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    Ohhh, OK. I have seen that ghost before. I spoke to him once, but it was back in early July. I'll have to make a point to do it again.
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Also there is a guy praying in the graveyard at one of the tombstones...and dissapears if u get to close.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Also the march will stop the Night Terror, I was fighting him and once the ghosts got near to him he disappeared.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    I have not managed to caught them in the act, yet. I wonder if some familiar faces might be in the procession
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I have seen the march a few times, however I never noticed anything odd about it. Maybe @hustin1 is having fun with us; similar to staring up at the sky, just to see how many people will start looking up at nothing. I guess I am about to go stare at the ghosts now. :)
    wb-cenders.gif
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Look at the individual ghosts in the march...
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    you get achievement
    ok, I looked and I even took a few pictures...

All I am seeing are generic characters as ghosts.

Anyone else see something I am missing?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I have looked at them a couple times... My only guess is something to do with the names but I couldn't figure it out.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Also there is a guy praying in the graveyard at one of the tombstones...and dissapears if u get to close.

Pretty sure that's Strahd grieving over a grave. At least I always assumed that's who it was. Haven't bothered to check what the backstory is supposed to be.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

Also the march will stop the Night Terror, I was fighting him and once the ghosts got near to him he disappeared.

Strahd at the Ghost Tree.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

The next time you are in Barovia, observe closely the ghosts that march on Castle Ravenloft at night...

Ok - this made me go back and look at this procession up close.

Three of the walking ghosts have names, instead of the generic "Dead Adventurer" moniker the rest of the troupe has.

It looks like the named ghosts might be a GF, a DC or CW and a GWF - which implies these may be the ghosts of the adventurers depicted in the Ravenloft trailer battling through to face Strahd.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User

hustin1 said:

Three of the walking ghosts have names, instead of the generic "Dead Adventurer" moniker the rest of the troupe has.

It looks like the named ghosts might be a GF, a DC or CW and a GWF - which implies these may be the ghosts of the adventurers depicted in the Ravenloft trailer battling through to face Strahd.
    Oh no say it ain't so... The four brave adventurer's (GF, DC, CW and GWF) who tried to save us from Strad have died...

:'(

Oh the horror in this place.
    *facepalm*

Hint: "Uh, were you listening to us the entire time?"
    strathkin said:

hustin1 said:

Oh no say it ain't so... The four brave adventurer's (GF, DC, CW and GWF) who tried to save us from Strad have died...

:'(

Oh the horror in this place.
    The horror of our love...

hustin1 said:

4 of them. Maximillion, Tiberius, Gyffyry, & Something Dawnbringer.
    hustin1 said:

*facepalm*

Hint: "Uh, were you listening to us the entire time?"
    *punches @hustin1 in the palm*
    I am at a loss... also I quickly grow tired of staring directly into the sun and trying not to blink. I have more images of the faces on my PC, but I sure don't see anything other than the names. I looked at the faces and they are flesh tone, but that could just be my graphics card. There is no detail textures to the faces and I doubt the developers hid some visual Easter Egg other than the names.

@guille23mx you are at the wrong graveyard. Yes, the man under the tree is Strahd who is mourning the passing of his previous bride. I assume you spoke to the 3 ghosts and know exactly who is buried there. But that is in the ruins of Berez and not the current graveyard outside the village.
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited August 2018
    It's just the names. Go to Kabal's demiplane and look at the names of the adventurers chatting. Then replay the Maze Engine quest where you have to steal Gromph Baenre's grimoire, and take a gander at the cages along the way. Then go to SOMI and sail to the northeastern part of the map where some hapless adventurers are standing on an ice floe.
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    They are also in the Twilight Tor in the arbors.

Also on a side note, there is a NPS named Mysterious Traveller, shes seen around questing areas as well as campaign areas, as soon as mod1 Sharandar.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Search the Foundry for "Harper Chronicles" to find out more about that Mysterious Traveler.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
    Thanks @hustin1 for connecting the dots. I never finished (barely started) the River District, that is one long dull campaign grind. I do plan to finish it some day. I finished the Maze Engine, but I will have to return to look at the cages as you said. I normally do the quest and read the lore. As I told the developers, I seldom expect any surprises, Easter Eggs, or plot twists from their campaigns.

When my husband wrote campaigns for our group, he was always good at pulling the rug out from under us. He managed to get awe, shock, and make us laugh about our failure to notice details. "So not one of you noticed the fact that the evil lich gave you these directions? Never occurred he would lie to you?" LOL I guess I am spoiled.
    wb-cenders.gif
    The foursome also exist in character sheet form during Day of the Dungeon Master.

They are also in the Twilight Tor in the arbors.

Also on a side note, there is a NPS named Mysterious Traveller, shes seen around questing areas as well as campaign areas, as soon as mod1 Sharandar.

IIRC, the mysterious traveler is in the bar in the tower district...
  • karamekoskaramekos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    In the Day of the Dungeon Master, the names on the character sheets are as follows, as far as I can tell:

Bruenor = Vincent the Dawnbringer - Cleric
    Linu = Jeff - Scourge Warlock
    Minsc = Tiberius Greymantle - Paladin
    Drizzt = Tiberius Greymantle - Paladin
    Regis = Maximillian - Rogue