test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strange bug where OP stays in combat position all the time no matter where he is

aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
Hey. One of the alts I am working on is a Palladin, and lately at all times when idle he is staying in combat pose, with the shield and weapon out, bent over a bit and moving back and forth. When running same thing. This is happening anywhere, even in the roofgarden in Protector's Enclave and not related to combat at all, it's just when he should be standing around normally. But he will not just stand there normally, he continually stays in this pose. On rare occassions he will return to normal when I perform an action like invoking or checking mail at a mailbox, but then immediately reverts back again. From memory when I enter demogorgon at the start he also stands normally while we are waiting for the thing to start and sometimes when I log on at the start he is fine, but it always reverts back to this behaviour and the rest of the time everywhere in rest areas and places where an avi should definitely be just standing still and not in combat pose, he is doing it.

I think this started after I bought and equipped the Black Dragon Ioun Stone, but I'm not certain. Yesterday I did some research to try and pinpoint the cause but was only slightly successful. I was buying new fashion clothes then was dying them and trying them on and he was constantly in combat pose with his shield out in front and it was annoying me. I finally managed to get him to stop everytime without fail when I summoned a companion who is actually standing there, like Xuna or the blink dog, both of which are in his active list, also that beholder one who increases hit points and is also actually visually present next to him when summoned. When I summoned the Ioun Stone he went straight back into combat pose and also when I dismissed all companions and had no companion summoned at all he was in combat pose, but the moment I summoned one of the companions who physically is there he immediately went back to standing normally. I managed to repeat this behaviour each time I swapped them around. Sorry I can't be of more help as to exactly what is causing it, it is every confusing, but I was able to manage to get it to intentionally come and go by summoning different companions as I just explained and if they were visible and present next to him he would stand normally, but if the stone was on or no companion at all, he would revert to combat pose. It is exteremly annoying that he is doing this all the time and I am very confused as to what is going on. If you need to do further checking, his name is Halophene@aganway Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    The probable cause is his gear. Take them out one by one (including weapons) or take them all out and put them back one by one.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    handofdonkhandofdonk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    Have you taken the Paragon power Stem The Tide, by any chance? It tends to default you into combat stance if you're not near other players while out of combat.
  • Options
    oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I have been playing an OP for over a year and I can tell you this bug has been around since then at least. OP's also have this other annoying bug that triggers the "You must have a weapon equipped" warning sound and message every time you log in. I fixed both bugs by making a loadout without picking anything in it, no feats, no powers, no paragon, no nothing. Now anytime I log out in PE or anywhere I change to that loadout and TADA! No annoying warning and no stuck in combat. This solution obviously will not work if you are actually trying to do something but hey at least now you know what probably causes it. (One of your Feats.)

Just wait till you start running dungeons with a GF using Knights Valor!! You both will be locked in combat TOGETHER!!! Yup no more opening those annoying doors anymore! (That's a DC job anyway right?) Need to open that chest? Nope not gonna happen! Need to interact with anything? Just give up now! It's great! (Bug has been around forever, AFAIK it has never been acknowledged.)
  • Options

Have you taken the Paragon power Stem The Tide, by any chance? It tends to default you into combat stance if you're not near other players while out of combat.

TYVVVVVM. Yup, I just logged in and did a check and I have that one maxed at 5 points. I was parked in Mantol Derith by the campfire and had wondered why when he is parked in PE on the roof garden all alone (and obviously there is no combat and no enemy NPC's there) when I log in to invoke he is combat pose, but when I log in when he has been in Mantol Derith the last few times he is standing normally the whole time. I just logged in to check the feats and saw it was maxed and also noticed when I remembered what you said, that he is standing near the back wall near the campfire, where there are always other players present. I did a check and ran off around the corner so I would be away from everyone and sure enough he reverted to combat pose while running, and when I ran back and got close to the other players at the campfire again, he went back to standing normally, so thankyou, this is the issue. Devs, are you able to fix this please so the OP is only in combat pose when he enagages with an enemy? TY.
  • Options

I have been playing an OP for over a year and I can tell you this bug has been around since then at least. OP's also have this other annoying bug that triggers the "You must have a weapon equipped" warning sound and message every time you log in. I fixed both bugs by making a loadout without picking anything in it, no feats, no powers, no paragon, no nothing. Now anytime I log out in PE or anywhere I change to that loadout and TADA! No annoying warning and no stuck in combat. This solution obviously will not work if you are actually trying to do something but hey at least now you know what probably causes it. (One of your Feats.)

Just wait till you start running dungeons with a GF using Knights Valor!! You both will be locked in combat TOGETHER!!! Yup no more opening those annoying doors anymore! (That's a DC job anyway right?) Need to open that chest? Nope not gonna happen! Need to interact with anything? Just give up now! It's great! (Bug has been around forever, AFAIK it has never been acknowledged.)

Yup I just got that "weapon not equipped" and sound when I logged in just now to check his feats, I have noticed it several times.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    A little off topic, is "Stem The Tide" a kind of bad feat? If you have a live companion nearby, it does not trigger. OP is not exactly a high DPS character especially without a live companion with bonding. so, it is not exactly a good feat for solo. Unless everyone in the party including their pet are range, how will this feat trigger at all?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***