test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Logical Purpose

jasperfichtejasperfichte Member Posts: 5 Arc User
In medias res.

Let's go to BugoviaBarovia.
In the new mod14 zone you can experience the newest variety of bugs, from HEs you can't complete to Castel Ravenloft issues, like swords that disappears or Sisters with 3x of their HP (the plural is just to underline the many times you could get the same issue ^^').
But we're used to it by then; we old players.

Looking to the new CR weapons, and all the stuff you need to restore them, I was asking to myself: "Why I should stalk a phantom merchant to buy a single reagent that I can buy then just 1 time per week?".
I love philosophy, so usually a question follow ever another question in my head: "And why a Merchant that is hard to find and spawn really rarely just in certain points of the barovian map should sell things so restrictively?".
Then: "Does it make sense collecting new weapons after you have farmed the only dungeon were they're BiS to find part of the necessary reagents to restore them?".
Maybe I will restore them when the Mod15 will come live. Maybe not at all.
But what I wish to report with this post, it's my negative feedback to the non-sense of this system.
MOD 14 could be nice, beyond the d&d fascination, but it wasn't for me.
I wish that DEVS could have more respect for the player's base, listen more to them, because they're still working in a mediocre way with a excellent material, the Neverwinter Lore . Stop to make it just a Lure, please.
Hag of Many-Daggers

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Well the Vistani merchants are a pretty big design flaw - they really increase the hassle of restoring the Barovia weapons

However, really - is it really worthwhile to make those weapons. Yes, they are BiS for DPS classes in Barovia, but anywhere else, the Exalted Primal weapons will be better. Also, when we get next mod, we will either get new weapons (making the Barovia and Primal weapons obsolete) or not (in which case Exalted Primal will remain BiS.

Just ignore the Barovia weapons - the bad design of the merchants just makes them not worth the hassle.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Yes, they would have done better to replace the Barovian Trapper in the Howling Hills with the 'NEW' Barovian Merchant. At least you can find him on a regular basis.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Well the Vistani merchants are a pretty big design flaw - they really increase the hassle of restoring the Barovia weapons

However, really - is it really worthwhile to make those weapons. Yes, they are BiS for DPS classes in Barovia, but anywhere else, the Exalted Primal weapons will be better. Also, when we get next mod, we will either get new weapons (making the Barovia and Primal weapons obsolete) or not (in which case Exalted Primal will remain BiS.

Just ignore the Barovia weapons - the bad design of the merchants just makes them not worth the hassle.

This. It's easy to snap up Primal weapons now, even with the HE nerf in CoA.