What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sound Disappearing Issue - Info Needed

2»

Comments

• aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Happened today:
    • Platform: PC
    • Location: Tyrant HE in Omu (about half-way through fighting the tyrant)
    • Date and time: 16:12 GMT
    • How/when did sound come back?: Had to log out of the game and back in
    • How often has this happened?: First time I remember happening here
  • smegman#1430 smegman Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    PC
    Location in-game where sound disappeared - Well of dragons dragon run, Tyrant hunt in OMU, most often in Cradle of the Death God
    Date and time when this happened - cant remember, sorry but this happens frequently for me
    How/when did sound come back? If you needed to take certain steps to bring back audio, please let us know - quit and restarted client, fixed every time
    How often has this happened? Usually 3 or 4 times in a week (over about 12 hours worth of play)
    If you have experienced this multiple times, has been in the same location or in different locations? Different locations, seems random, mostly happens when FORGEMASTERS FLAME is going off, that seems to kill the sound
  • fab6368fab6368 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    PC
    Location in-game where sound disappeared - Well of dragons dragon run, HE OMU, skirmish event jubilee
    Date and time when this happened - today less 30 min ago in skirmish event jubilee
    How/when did sound come back? quit and restarted client, fixed every time
    How often has this happened? Usually 3 or 4 times in a week
    If you have experienced this multiple times, has been in the same location or in different locations? Different locations
  • sionnach#2409 sionnach Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    PC - Neverwinter 64-bit client (via Steam)
    Various locations, but most common at The Tyrant BHE in Omu and at Marauders event in SH.
    Numerous occasions, very frequent at above mentioned events.
    Fixed temporary by restarting game. Fixed permanently by running the game in 32-bit mode.
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Platform: PC
    Location: various, big HEs/instances of all kinds - Dragonflight and Marauders at the Stronghold, Tyrant HE in OMU, Dragons in the Well, also - Tiamat, Cradle.
    Date and time - practically every such run.
    The sound only came back after restarting the client, switching chars/relogging account did not help at all.
    It also happened once during Protector's Speech. Interestingly, everything got muted then BUT the Lord Neverember voice.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Date And Time: every single run. Almost always around the first Cry Of The Atropal, sometimes later but almost always during Cry Of The Atropal
    Fix: Restart the game client. Changing characters or logging out doesn't fix it.

Interesting details:
    #1: It happens in pieces - all audio except the music will vanish on one run, then only the music will vanish on the next. If I lose the power sound effects on one run and we wipe and restart, I might go from music-only to no sound at all.
    #2: It happens for multiple members of the party, in the same way, simultaneously - like, I'll comment that everything but music vanished and two other people will chime in that the same thing happened at the same time for them.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    I think its when you get too many players hitting too many sound effects at once. Location doesn't matter. Had it happen in OMU and WOD. there is probably a cap on the sound effects that it overloads and then doesn't reset. Started shortly after the mod13 patch.
  • scylent#6295 scylent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    This is in PC. It used to happen back in mod 5 and on at the well of dragons. Now it happens in Omu Tyrant BHE and at CODG normally at the elevator. As others have reported some music is still there but nothing else. Only solution is to restart the game for me.

ScyLent PvE GF Main
    S C Y L E N T PvE DC Alt
    ScyLent Lux PvE OP Alt
    Unrepentantgaming.com
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    PC running windows 10 64 bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 960 Version sw ver 397.64
    Has happened during every BHE in Barovia that I have participated since launch
    Sound comes back after relogging the game
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    It frequently occurs in YesterHill BHE in Bravaria.

Though the issue started in April often while on Stronghold Map doing the BLUE DRAGON many times... the most frequent where it occurs 75% of the time. Though some have also noticed it disappearing in Well of Dragons but not sure if the BLUE Dragon from Guild is similar to one of the ones used in Well of Dragons.

Though It's also occurred during Tyrant BHE as well and can even occur during other Medium Sized HE's in Stronghold and a few other cases as well.

Still there must be something common between the YesterHill BHE & the BLUE Dragon on Stronghold, and one of the Dragons in Wells that often knocks out most of the sounds (except perhaps background music) although sometimes that gets knocked off as well.
  • cap1776cap1776 Member Posts: 54 Arc User

This happened to me twice in the past 3 days.

The first time was on 7/9 around 6-7 PM US Central while doing the Demonic Escape HE in the Well of Dragons with a large number of participants. It happened to me and my best friend (also on a PC). We both had to restart our games to restore sound,

The second time was last night around 7-8 PM US Cantral. It happened during the Yester Hill HE in Barovia. Again, both of us lost sound completely during the heroic with a large number of participants. This time, however, my sound rreturned after the heroic was complete and I returned to Barovia village. My friend, again had to restart his game to get sound back.

During both encounters I encountered a moment of extreme lag as I entered the encounters, just before the sound cut out.
  • nilhonymnilhonym Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    PC, yesterhill every time, occasionally on dragon runs in WoD. Only thing that fixes it is relaunching client.
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    PC - when it happens the game is logged out, last time it happened to me was on a monday in Chult. it has happened to friends of mine during CoDG / ToNG runs. the fix of course, is to switch your options to 'used 32-bit client' and restart. hasn't happened to me since i made that change. This came from the good folks at Holy Crusaders. (not me)
  • siarka133siarka133 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Platform - PC / Windows 10
    Location - yesterhill skirmish
    Date and time - random / last time - yesterday evening around 9 p.m CEST it started with disappearance of enemies/skills sounds. few minutes later even background music was gone.
    How/when did sound come back? -Logging out of character didn't help, but game restart did.
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    Plattform PC 64bit Client
    CODG after apperance of 2nd Enemy Group and first kill
    Biggrins 2nd enemy Group coming stairs up. if standing on stairs and kill, sound gone
    House of Crocodile, after second "Boss" room, if standing on stairs at next room and kill sound gone
    Dragon run after kill green dragon and ride to blue dragon (not every time, but often) sound gone.

Another issue:
    CR after defeat of first sister, voice of second sister is gone, ambient sound is on.
    No voice warning for the red lightchains.
    Happens not every time but 3 out of 4 times.

Only restart of game solves the sound problem.

• sob44sob44 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Location in-game where sound disappeared: Rise of Tiamat, defending middle magic user, before fighting dragon heads. Also in Well of Dragons during Demonic Heroic Encounters with lots of people.
    Date and time when this happened: Every day since Ravenloft update. Latest was 7/28 11:30 PM.
    How/when did sound come back? Restart of client brings sound back, but restart of computer helps with the lag.
    How often has this happened? Every day since Ravenloft update
    If you have experienced this multiple times, has been in the same location or in different locations? Different locations, most notably when there are many people and lots of special effects happening. There is a brief freeze, and then sound goes out.
  • kodo1968kodo1968 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Since the last patch I have had a sound issue in game. I have lost most of the combat sounds and a lot other ambient sounds such as mount footsteps when riding and a few other things. It is very distracting especially in combat. I asked about it in game yesterday and someone suggested running as 32-bit client as that had worked for them but that didn't seem to work either.

Has anyone else had an issue like this. I am running the game through steam so unsure if that is an issue though it wasn't a few days ago. If anyone has any ideas I am all ears.

Just to add since my post was merged I am on PC and I was running 64 bit client initially. As noted above 32-bit didn't fix the issue.

Thanks
    Post edited by kodo1968 on
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    @kodo1968 Thread merged
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    Yea it seems to be mostly effect the bHE / Big Heroic Encounters; while it can rarely occur during the mHE, it rarely if ever occurs during the sHE. It's often I find somewhere in the middle of the fight, sometimes it knocks all sounds offline, while others just the FX (Fighting) effects, yet the background music from game can sometimes still play.

It originally started in Well of Dragons with one or two of the Dragon's there though I don't entirely know which one; but I do know at Guild Stronghold's it mostly occurs while at the Blue Dragon the vast majority of the time. I've rarely had this occur while at the Red, Green or Black Dragon's.

Yet now I've noticed it occurring at KOS (bHE) in S.River, the Tyrant (bHE) in Omu, or Yester Hill (bHE) in Barovia. I'm running the 64 client as well; and as others have noted, running 32 doesn't help. So the only way to reset sound is logout and login after closing the application.

I now TRY to completely avoid BLUE dragon at Guild Dragon Flights; and try to avoid most bHE's unless I absolutely must. Then just accept the fact I'll likely 3/4 of the time have to logout.

Still hopefully the team is able to see what changes were made around Jan/Feb/March as that may help identify a possible cause.
  • iainusiainus Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I haven't done a Dragon Heralds run in any instance of The Well of Dragons without the sound dropping off completely. It seems to kick in with the red dragon and stays, even after the run ends or changing instances.
  • tynaristynaris Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Location in-game where sound disappeared: Yesterhill event/Tiamat
    Date and time when this happened: Since i have started playing this game
    How/when did sound come back?: Sound never comes back unless i perform a game restart
    How often has this happened?: Everytime i do tiamat and yesterhill
    If you have experienced this multiple times, has been in the same location or in different locations?: Same locations but it seems to be in high populated areas that has a lot of combat going on. Also i have noticed sometimes the game music will keep working but all other sounds dont work when the issue occurs.
  • syrenuisyrenui Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    • Platform: PC
    • Location in-game: Yester Hill, Tyrant HE, King of Spines, Dragon HEs (Well of Dragons), Tiamat, Demonic Slaughter (with many players)
    • Date and time when this happened: Multiple times, day and night
    • How/when did sound come back?: Closing the Client and re-opening
    • How often has this happened?: Multiple times, seems to happen every time there are a lot of players fighting at the same time

Every time the music in the back worked normally, just every other sound disappeared.

This is in PC. It used to happen back in mod 5 and on at the well of dragons. Now it happens in Omu Tyrant BHE and at CODG normally at the elevator. As others have reported some music is still there but nothing else. Only solution is to restart the game for me.

Well if this truly used to happen back in MOD 5 and they found a FIX for it then... I wonder if that DEV is still around or they have any NOTES that might help.

Sadly I only really started play around the later part of MOD 5. Hard to believe how long it's been since then.
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Realtek audio
    Previously there was no sound unless enhancements were disabled in sounds for the Realtek audio but was fixed several patches ago. Sound cuts out now in Tiamat occasionally, WOD dragon runs and Barovia Yester Hill. Some audio is still there, so it seems like only certain channels are being dropped. Relogging or restarting the game fixes this. A temporary fix might be to refresh all audio channels occassionally.
  • sidewalksidewalk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    1. Platform:
      PC windows 10 pro 64b
    2. Location:
      various, but always the into in prophecy madness, no sounds then you hear the end of it.......'Or is it', that is what i hear since a few months, also when just playing in different maps the chance is that all sound effect will be gone (like weapon skills, mounting, all effects, sometimes the only thing you have is the background music.
    3. Date and time:
      GMT +1 (+2 summer time) all day long, it's not bound to time, it randomly happens (not every day tough, but 2 a 3 times a week for sure).
    4. How/when did sound come back?:
      Had to close the game and the launcher, restarting launcher and start the game again will fix it (that is till it happens again)
    5. How often has this happened?:
      at least 2 a 3 times a week ( i play at least a few hours every day) sometimes even 2 a 3 times a day, but there are also days without sounds issues (i bet these days lag kicks in haha) so there is always something.
  • pinaddarrpinaddarr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Happens frequently during quest runs for TOD. Usually it just happens in certain positions and if I move the character the sound returns. However, yesterday afternoon, 16 Aug, it was particularly bad during Tiamat run with sound completely lost. Other players noted the same thing in chat. I ended up having to restart game for sound to come back.

My specifics:

Platform: PC i7 with 16 GB of Ram Windows 10
    Date and time: Thursday afternoon. 16 Aug, approx. 1600 Atlantic Time
    How/when did sound come back? Shut down and restart of game. Not related to PC as it still has sound.
    How often has this happened? First time that sound didn't return by moving character, other players noted similar problem in chat.

Hope this helps!

• ichorbladeichorblade Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Location in-game where sound disappeared: tyrant BHE
    Date and time when this happened: 8/20/2018 2:35 est
    How/when did sound come back? If you needed to take certain steps to bring back audio, please let us know
    How often has this happened? : shut down game and restart it
    If you have experienced this multiple times, has been in the same location or in different locations?: several times in same location
  • epsmincepsminc Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    PC windows 10 64 bit happened every time during YesterHill BHE. I had to exit the game completely and arc to get it to work again. It didnt happen to me the other day but did happen to my party members. 9/12/2018.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Is this issue still being tracked?

PS4
    Biggrins Tomb. Around the 2nd-3rd mob of enemies just before the first door to decend down the stairs.

Omu. While in the underground area usually when you go up some stairs and engage enemies at the top.

For most who are listing WoD zone during Dragon runs. Might I suggest not inviting everyone to the same instance. Over population could be the cause of your sound dropping as it creates lag even on the best systems.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.