test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Master Leatherwork - Cannot complete "Making the Round"

sartoricsartoric Member Posts: 36 Arc User
I've searched around but I didn't find anything similar.

I've got all the 3 pieces (Armour, helm and trousers) needed to complete the quest, but it looks like Trousers aren't taken in accounts.
I tried to put it in mailbox and get it back, but there's no way to get that part completed.
It works for the other 2 pieces but not for trousers.

Any one faced this issue ?

Thanks

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    sartoric said:

I've searched around but I didn't find anything similar.

I've got all the 3 pieces (Armour, helm and trousers) needed to complete the quest, but it looks like Trousers aren't taken in accounts.
    I tried to put it in mailbox and get it back, but there's no way to get that part completed.
    It works for the other 2 pieces but not for trousers.

Any one faced this issue ?

Thanks

Most often the issue happens if you bought and did not craft the items. If this is the case, double check them. The ones crafted in tailoring have the same name as the leather ones, but will not work for the quest. You must have the leathercrafted versions of all items.
  • sartoricsartoric Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply.
    I crafted it in leather-working

I also tried to drop the quest and get it back. I've just wasted 500 aberrant leather, but trousers are still useless.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    sartoric said:

Hi
    Thanks for your reply.
    I crafted it in leather-working

I also tried to drop the quest and get it back. I've just wasted 500 aberrant leather, but trousers are still useless.

If you are sure you have the correct item and the name is an exact match (Gemmed Elemental Trousers), there are a few things that have worked for others. Mailing the item to yourself or putting it in the shared bank and getting it back have cleared the bug in the past. No other ideas.
    Unfortunately I've already tried to mail it and in fact I keep all those items in bank.
    I'm almost sure it's the right item as it can be used by SW so it's not "tailor" (and my tailoring is no level)

I'll check with arc.
    Tnx
    edited August 2018
    @zebular (or some moderator) could you please tell me if I should open a support ticket for this ?
    Here are item pic (translation Cuoio = Leather) and quest detail pic
    Tnx

nw_mtr_bug_2
    nw_mtr_bug
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    For me, the problem was the protection on the items. I took it off and on again and after a moment, I suddenly got the quest complete notice.
    I just turned in jewelcrafting items for unlocking mw1. I had two sets so I protected one and left the other unprotected. The quest completed using the *protected* items rather than the unprotected ones. Not WAI and a little scary.

I'll put in a report in the xbox bugs section but it's probably cross platform.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited August 2018
    sartoric said:

@zebular (or some moderator) could you please tell me if I should open a support ticket for this ?
    Here are item pic (translation Cuoio = Leather) and quest detail pic
    Tnx

nw_mtr_bug_2
    nw_mtr_bug

Hey Sartoric... Have you tried toggling protection a couple times as suggested by spelldazer? (Please tag me in your response)
    FrozenFire
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for your suggestion @spelldazer @frozenfirevr, but unfortunately I already tried to remove protection and it's not working anyway.
    Of course I've just done it again.
    2/3 items are recognized even if protected.
    edited August 2018
    In my case, the fix was not to just remove but to remove and then ADD protection back. @sartoric
    @spelldazer Yep, that's what I did too
    :( sorry it didn't work for you. FWIW, I tinkered with the protection on the entire set of items to turn in. It didn't seem to work and then while I was trying to think what to try next it suddenly completed. Very annoying bug.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Oops, wasn't notified. Forwarding.
    Oh, wait wait. @sartoric, I'm pretty sure that the quest that wants helm and armor would want Feet item and not Pants item. You're using the wrong item, it's possible they have the same name.
    FrozenFire
    edited August 2018
    Hi @frozenfirevr
    Just to be sure I've checked on neverwinter wiki as there's no way to check elsewhere.
    These seems to be the requirements for making the round

req

.. but you're probably right about something "wrong" in name(translation), or the item was updated/modified ?
    I've never noticed it as it's almost impossibile to check this from quest details

Looks like the 2 trousers items have different features

trousers

Post edited by sartoric on
    Hmm... I'm probably wrong then... Will just forward it. Thanks for your patience.
    FrozenFire
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @sartoric! In English there is also an item called Gemmed Elemental Pants so I'm looking into how the Trousers and Pants were translated into Italian in case the issue was there.
    edited August 2018
    Hi @nitocris83
    In the last days, by chance (as it is a rare random LW task) I guess I've found the "pants" item. It has been translated as "Pantaloni ingemmati elementali" so nearly impossible to associate it with the quest item "Pantaloni elementali gemmati".

Said that, could someone convert my wrong item to the right one ?
    I've already wasted aberrant leather due to the drop quest/start quest test.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    sartoric said:

Hi @nitocris83
    In the last days, by chance (as it is a rare random LW task) I guess I've found the "pants" item. It has been translated as "Pantaloni ingemmati elementali" so nearly impossible to associate it with the quest item "Pantaloni elementali gemmati".

Said that, could someone convert my wrong item to the right one ?
    I've already wasted aberrant leather due to the drop quest/start quest test.

Hi @sartoric! You would need to contact support since that's an account specific action request.

Hi @sartoric! You would need to contact support since that's an account specific action request.

Hi @nitocris83 , thanks I'll do it
  • bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I'm now having this exact same problem (on PC). I'll try the protect/unprotect suggestion.

(I did craft all of the items myself with Leatherworking, and the names are identical to what the quest calls for.)

Hopefully the devs will look at this closely and fix it in an upcoming patch.
    Post edited by bobgreenwade on
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
  • dman7137#2586 dman7137 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    On a similar note on the PS4 platform: My Oathbound Paladin (Zaria@dman7137) has the 3 clothing items needed for "As the Wheel Turns" (Tailoring) but the game/journal only recognizes 1 of 3 (Gemmed Elemental Cloth Robes). Gemmed Elemental Shirt and Gemmed Elemental pants are not recognized. I have tried mailing them to myself and even buying a new set, but have not been successful in getting any recognition from the Artisan. Why is the crafting quest not completing? I have toggled the protection multiple times and mailed them to myself with no effect. I have had this issue for months, long before "protection" patch was a part of the game. I have images, but do not see a way to attach them in this forum.

Following is the ARC Support response:
    Response By Email (Zildross) (09/14/2018 03:56 PM)
    Hello Adventurer,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered an issue with one of your Masterwork Profession quest. Having reviewed the information that you have supplied, it's possible that you encountered a gameplay bug which is not detecting the required items properly. While I'm unable to assist right away with a fix for these kinds of issues, I highly recommend to post a bug report on our official forums at the given link so that our developers become more aware of the issue:

[link removed for forum to accept this post]

I have also taken note of this matter. My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. These kinds of issues need time to be investigated in order for the fixes to be made and applied in-game, so be sure to check our website or forums for any official updates about the fixes. If you need help with anything else, feel free to reach out again as I'll be more than happy to help you out.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regards,
    Zildross
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    Adding this here in case it's helpful to others.

I have encountered the quest not completing problem again. This time when I picked up superior flasks for the Alchemy 1 quest chain. I had 5 of 6 in my inventory as I was going into the stronghold but my journal showed 0. Opened my bank and collected the last potion I was missing. No change. Spoke to the quest giver and the quest now reflected 5 of six even though I had all 6. On a hunch, I went to another stronghold in the alliance and got the quest complete notice as I loaded in. My best guess...something wrong with the refresh / inventory snapshotting process.

At any rate, for those getting stuck with the right quest items not registering, maybe try to change stronghold instances.
    @nitocris83 @frozenfirevr
  • desireeoharadesireeohara Member Posts: 1 New User
    Having same sort of Problem with Forge Away (Weaponsmithing) I Crafted the 3 weapons Gemmed Guardian's Elemental Longsword, Gemmed Hunters Elemental Longbow, and Gemmed Elemental Greatsword, got the notification on collecting the item from the professions screen but the task would not complete till protections removed, did not have to do that for the Tailor Masterwork strange
    Well, it's safe to say that with mod15 changes it does not matter.