test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD Sink - New Legendary Mount in WB and Legendary Companion Packs

mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
Bring back the original Bat Swarm stats and make that legendary mount cost 75,000,000 AD and it cannot be discounted. Leave that out for 2 weeks. Than swap it over to an updated T-Rex that has 4K Power, provides the standard 10% debuff but also provide a damage buff of 10%. Make this one cost again 75,000,000 for 2 weeks. Continue doing this every two weeks and change up the legendary mount but update it to include a debuff and damage buff so that it is an incentive to get for BiS players.

Add new Legendary Companion packs as well cost 75,000,000 AD. The pack includes a Legendary Companion, R14 Bondings, Gear and player choice of 6 R14 enchantments. This pack would contain a modified prior companion such as Legendary Air Cultist Archon - this archon provides 7% damage buff and does the same debuff, etc...

These two ideas will help remove some of the AD that is sitting on some characters.

What do you all think of these AD sinks? Would you be willing to drop say 75M AD for a stronger legendary mount or a updated Legendary companion with better stats?

Comments

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    No, 75M worth for so few advantages is just bad idea.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    And the forum posts about out of control power creep will continue to grow.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

What do you all think of these AD sinks? Would you be willing to drop say 75M AD for a stronger legendary mount or a updated Legendary companion with better stats?

Ofc no ^^. Im not nuts.
    Im willing to spend my ADs for fancy outfits, helping stuff like enchants or runes to unbind items, or buff food, or runes/enchants that increase droprates for certain items. But not for a mount.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Those that can't afford that, will not be happy. Just for the Alphonse Knows which wasn't that major of a boost had complaints such as that.
    FrozenFire
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I absolutely love the idea !
    1. There is literally no harm in it, the only "bad" thing that will hapen will be the guys that complain about everything anyway.
    2. AD sink.
    3. Gives people that truly have everything something to work towards.

Another suggestion would be to make them Bound to account, so people that have extra mule accounts just for ad have to make a decision.
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Its only an AD sink if the items are bound to account. Like the Alphonse pack, I think the biggest mistake was to make it BoE.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Its only an AD sink if the items are bound to account. Like the Alphonse pack, I think the biggest mistake was to make it BoE.

Not really because the AD spent, diseapered from the market. Typically what an AD sink is supposed to be.
  • wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Too bad their AD sink failed. Imagine what would have happened if they made a striker companion with a 20% debuff and 5% damage bonus in all areas.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

Too bad their AD sink failed. Imagine what would have happened if they made a striker companion with a 20% debuff and 5% damage bonus in all areas.

Notice that The Swarm was essentially that on Preview (10% buff+debuff), and that was deemed too much.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Notice that The Swarm was essentially that on Preview (10% buff+debuff), and that was deemed too much.
    Yeah for a standard legendary mount. The goal I'm trying to make is make the updates to the mounts and even add companions higher than the standard one we have and make them available for a short time and at a higher AD cost. As for binding them to an account, I don't think that is needed. If someone ones to flip it for AD that will remove additional AD from the game.

Another thing the Cyrptic / PWE needs to implement is to ban accounts that are duplicates. This would also reduce the AD in the game.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    How do you know it is a duplicate account? The same IP address? I have four people playing on four accounts from my home. Are you going to ban 3 of us?
  • sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    i would love to have more skins instead of having a 5% advantage.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

How do you know it is a duplicate account? The same IP address? I have four people playing on four accounts from my home. Are you going to ban 3 of us?

There are ways to tell if the account is a duplicate. Some people who are not using duplicate account maybe impacted but should be able to work with Support to resolve the issue fairly easily. It is the botters that would suffer as they would loose their additional AD stream forcing them to either actually play the game or seek out other games for income. This type of action would reduce the amount of AD in circulation and achieve the goal that Cryptic has set forth. It may seem like a harsh action but if done properly the average player would be happy with the out come.

There are many more ways to improve AD sink such as new styles.

I personally would like to see Legendary mounts add to the WB. Older one that are rarely purchased like the Skeleton Steed or the other one that provides 4K movement. Both would be nice to have there and by Cryptic putting up a AD price, than we as player would have a better idea on what cryptic thinks the pricing should be for legendary mounts.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    And this will have about the same effect as the last ban wave, with people being denied access to the game wrongly. And a fair number of those affected will just not bother with customer service and leave the game completely.
This discussion has been closed.