test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

60 plus codg runs with just one UeS drop

Ever since the past 2x refinement stones completed I have run over 60 codg. In all those runs I have got only one UeS. I understand RNG but for crying out loud 1 UeS in 60 plus runs is not bad RNG;- it's just the RNG totally abandoning you.

What gives Cryptic? I just fail to understand why someone's RNG could be that bad. Is it just me or is anyone else having the same issue? Does it even make sense in raising a ticket?

Forget UeS. Even Blood rubies have been at a reduced drop rate for me. I normally average 1 every run. But between my 60 plus codg runs and 40 plus T9 runs I have got 18 blood rubies.

Not trying to rant but not sure how to put a positive spin on this.

Comments

• wddwxywddwxy Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    It's not just you, slightly unrelated: I've upgrade 4 artifacts to legendary, at a 10% chance, you would expect maybe 6 preservation wards or so each artifact? It took me 150+ preservation wards for 4 artifacts.... 10%? More like 2%.
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Welcome to Neverwinter.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    lol ya try runnin cn bck in the day 60+ times just to get ONE bloodlords visage had a buddy of mine run cn n got it on 3rd run lol... rng is rng no sense in a ticket abt it lol
  • toodles#1256 toodles Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Ok thanks guys. Back to grinding lol .
    yup feind grind grind.... clock out at one job (job in real life) clock in at the other job (grinding out a gmae for smethin lol)
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    RNG is RNG, get use to it.

I am lucky with getting +5 rings and that is it.

100 Pres Wards for a 20% the other day, OMG that was garbage and a waste of AD.

I don't know how many LB I have opened but I have yet to pull a legendary mount, yet I know quite a few players that have pulled 2+ from daily keys.

I know some players that have tried hundreds of time for various +5 rings, yet the game gives them to me like candy. I'm sitting on not one or two but three +5 Rings of the Shadowstalker.

Than there are some players who just are lucky: +5 rings, EUS pulled constantly, legendary mounts from LB, etc...

RNG is there but IMO the game does lean heavily towards specific account for specific type of items; for me my account is all about receiving the +5 rings.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I've been running patrol quests religiously ever since Omu launched with 2 characters and don't have a single +5 Gravestriker. As for a +5 Shadowstalker? Just forget about it. Once a week seems like it is definitely out of my grasp.

I used to buy keys and have had VIP since it was first introduced. I play everyday with few exceptions, but haven't gotten a single Legendary anything. Even the "epic" rewards have been limited to one Symbol of Fire, one Mist Form, and one Tamed Velociraptor. That's all and I've been playing on PC since open beta, too, so over 5 years.

Honestly, I'm feeling more and more demotivated each week. I wouldn't be surprised if the chance is tied to some seed number that's created with the account and there's no way around it.
    lol been playin since day one on ps4 got my frst +5 ring from cn after abt 200+ runs got my first an only ledge mount mnths into vip. nvr saw an epic reward prior to that an since have only seen the raptor an 1 epic mounts pack an mayb 3 companion ones an 2 artifact ones...... trid my luck at refinement an had bettr luck there.... but THEN evn THAT wore out to way past rotten luck lol.... i agree with some ppl there is smekinda code linked to the rng that determines which plyer gets the better rng.... tho will it evr be confirmed or changed.... i doubt it lol rng is rng they say.... (they say lol)
    meirami said:

I've been running patrol quests religiously ever since Omu launched with 2 characters and don't have a single +5 Gravestriker. As for a +5 Shadowstalker? Just forget about it. Once a week seems like it is definitely out of my grasp.

I used to buy keys and have had VIP since it was first introduced. I play everyday with few exceptions, but haven't gotten a single Legendary anything. Even the "epic" rewards have been limited to one Symbol of Fire, one Mist Form, and one Tamed Velociraptor. That's all and I've been playing on PC since open beta, too, so over 5 years.

Honestly, I'm feeling more and more demotivated each week. I wouldn't be surprised if the chance is tied to some seed number that's created with the account and there's no way around it.

Like I stated RNG is RNG.

As for not being motivated to play, I get that. I feel asleep in a CoDG run and than tried chult zones afterwards only to shut down after being online for less than 30 minutes. After I shut down NW I ended up on ESO.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    wddwxy said:

It's not just you, slightly unrelated: I've upgrade 4 artifacts to legendary, at a 10% chance, you would expect maybe 6 preservation wards or so each artifact? It took me 150+ preservation wards for 4 artifacts.... 10%? More like 2%.

I will NEVER ever just mass click CONTINUE with a WARD slotted. I honestly find doing that more than 3x only produces diminishing returns regardless what anyone claims. I will maybe hit it once, twice maybe three times at most but then will stop and take a break.

I'll move around a little bit or wait 2-3 minutes then re-slot my ward and try again no more than 3-5 times at the very most. If I'm having not good luck I'm not going to simply speed thru it in hopes it might get better. Say it's bad enough when at times I try Skill Kit's with 75% chance of success as sometimes on rare occasion see those fail 3, 4 or 5x. My Corellon sure it can happen but sometimes it 'feels' at least it happens a little more than in should.
  • toodles#1256 toodles Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Update: Ever since the maintenance on Tuesday I have run 4 codg and got 3 UeS. I am glad to have started getting them again. However this makes me feel that Cryptic definitely broke something and that something pertains to Omuan Keys. There is absolutely no reason for me get only 1 UeS in 70 runs and then magically get 3 in 4 runs.

RNG with rings gear etc I get. But 1 UeS in 70 runs during the summer fest points to something else.
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User

Every maintenance is suspicious. Especially maintenance before double stones. Im willing to bet that after this much needed maintenance that my rng is once again in the toilet. Just like rolling keys during a key sale is silly and wasteful. There is the small possibility that just maybe the lag issues may be temporarily resolved for a few hours in codg. But by the time i get off of work it will be back to normal 180 degree turns when the paladin runs by and lag right off the edge.

They should add a parachute to the zen store, at least i would get a nicer animation.

Yeah, like the old 2X refining event, I used less Pres Wards than at any other time.

Update: Ever since the maintenance on Tuesday I have run 4 codg and got 3 UeS. I am glad to have started getting them again. However this makes me feel that Cryptic definitely broke something and that something pertains to Omuan Keys. There is absolutely no reason for me get only 1 UeS in 70 runs and then magically get 3 in 4 runs.

RNG with rings gear etc I get. But 1 UeS in 70 runs during the summer fest points to something else.

I know one player that averages a highly sought after companion every 3 runs of CoDG or T9. He generates around 1-2M AD every 2-3 days just from those extra drops. I'm lucky if I get an UES. We ran 3 CN and he got two orcus shards. He has gotten 5 legendary from daily keys and has only opened LB up with his daily keys. Guy is simply lucky. He has every +5 ring and can proc a 1% with 3 pres wards all the time. He took a weapon enchant from lesser to unpar with only 45 pres wards. Than sold it and repeated that 7x and end up with quite a few million AD without much trouble. That player is sitting at max Il and barely plays to get refinement as he earns so much AD from simply being lucky.

I have to grind it out to get refinement and AD and yet no matter what my luck other than for +5 rings is nonexistence. The more I play NW the more I realize how much I hate RNG and how much I hate a game that has RNG within RNG within more RNG. It is quite frustrating and demotivating. It is why so many of the players leave. This game needs a bad luck counter to increase players odds so we don't feel cheated of our time or money.
  • abysstic1#7048 abysstic1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    This is my last attempt at saving/buying keys for a legendary mount. After three years of the RNG I conclude this game is skewed against my account. I’ll find another game to play. I am tired of grinding AD to buy a legendary mounts.