test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yester Hill (aka BHE)

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
edited July 2018 in Guides
Almost daily, I see new players ask "What is BHE?" The answer is Yester Hill or (big heroic encounter) as opposed to everything else which are minor heroic encounters. Also there seems to be a lot of verbal abuse going on about how to properly complete Yester Hill. As some of you are aware, new players who think they are hot stuff will jump right in and then it is pointless to attempt the BHE.

1. There is no timer on Yester Hill. Should you see a fresh event, do not start until you assemble an army.
2. Your army should consist of no fewer than 10 well equipped players.
3. Once anything is attacked within the circle a percentage bar will appear. This bar is the twig blights feeding Thornspur damage resistance up to 50%.
4. Kill 50 twig blights to prevent the damage resistance.
5. The next phase stop the druids from empowering Thornspur with 150% health. The faster you kill the druids the less health Thornspur has in the final phase.
6. The third and final phase is Thornspur himself rises up.

This is not a 3 man speed clear. Don't be too eager or egotistical and find out the hard way and jumping straight in just ruins it for everyone. However don't make others wait forever to get started. If you announced it and no one has arrived for quite sometime, give the team a start time (e.g. "BHE #8 We begin in 60 seconds"). If it looks like your team is having issues, announce during the BHE as well (e.g. "BHE #8 in progress").

Have Fun! <3

Edit--Name misspelled as Thornspurn, hey you're just lucky I didn't call him Groot the Gigantic! :dizzy:
wb-cenders.gif
Post edited by sandukutupu on

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    A recurring problem from Soshenstar and Omu, made worse with the instance bug in Barovia: Don't call out for people if you are not going to invite. Previously, it was possible to join if the zone had less than 20 people. Now you can't even do that.

Has anyone figured out the thorned roots during the boss phase? I guess they come from the twigs, somehow? Seem to have a damage reflect on the boss and themselves. They seem glitchy and hard to target as well.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Having a couple of CW's with really high CC can make this a lot easier, but make sure that the tanks hold aggro so the squishy wizards don't get annihilated.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Thanks @pitshade I forgot to mention those are his minions. While they don't move, if you get close they will do damage.

@hustin1 has a good point. I use ray of frost as my CW to slow the twigs down and allow the group time needed to crush them. I position myself close to the center and fire as they approach.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I completed yester hill today on my DC, while wearing the Cowl of the Dead.
    Stood in the middle, spammed dailies. So much fun and laughter.
    I believe Yester Hill has a 60 minute cool down timer, a lot like the cult dragons 20 minute cool down timer. The obvious difference is the timer is hidden. I remained in the same zone after Yester Hill was done, and kept checking for it to return periodically. It popped back up after the 1 hour mark. Assuming this holds true. This means one can predict the arrival and have a team assembled without all the chaos of some buffoon tripping the event prematurely. I don't know if they are doing it by accident or on purpose, but 10 guild members or friends could assemble in the instance and have no delay in starting it right away upon arrival.

As I said, the test showed 60 minutes, but more tests should be done to confirm it is a 60 minute cool down timer.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It likely matches the Tyrant BHE in Omu. People in zone chat were recording the time an HE finished and calling it accurately 1 hour later.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

It likely matches the Tyrant BHE in Omu. People in zone chat were recording the time an HE finished and calling it accurately 1 hour later.

I can confirm it now. I did it 3 times today. Each zone can be accurately predicted to 1 hour after the event ends. Sadly there are people who are still messing it up by starting it for no real reason. I called people to a fresh instance just to have some yahoo run straight in without support. I tried to get people to join me before arrival but they refused to believe I knew the timer information. One person called me a troll and another whispered asking me how to "hack it"... sad sad players. :(
    wb-cenders.gif
    Yester Hill can now be searched on the official wiki.
    https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Yester_Hill

This article is still pretty rough and I need to add the following;

Rewards
    ## Barovian Coins
    ## Seals of the Brave
    --chance of--
    Is there a random armor drop?
    Nightcrawlers ?

If you do not wish to edit the wiki, please add information to this thread so I can post it.
    Thanks!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    3. Attacking anything within the circle or any of the Twig Blights standing around in the near woods directly or indirectly (Aura of Radiance for example) will start the encounter.

Addition to 4. slowing the Twig Blights down or stopping them gives the group more time for killing them. Players with a lower IL can take care of that.

Addition to 5. unless your group is really well coordinated and fast in killing all casting druids, it might help to have some players interrupt/disable them as soon as they spawn.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!