test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

100k rAD Limit Feedback

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
edited July 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Barovia instances full epic gear for salvage.
Doing hunts salvage epic gear.
random queues give a lot astral diamonds.

No reason to run dungeons if reach 700k ad rough astral for a week in 2 days.( and believe me is not that hard).

Remove the limit or remove so much epic gear stop trolling poeple.

You are responsible that now we cant find people to " farm and for ad beside the ultimate stone doing cr or tong or codg. YOu made salvage useless with the stupid 100k limit.

Moderator edited title.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

For some, maybe. Not all.

N= 1 generalization

I have no trouble getting groups to farm salvage and I suspect most of those in their guild or alliance chat have little trouble either.

I make less AD at 100K per day. That sucks. But I make it passively on just the 2-3 toons I actually care about.

QoL is much better only playing content you want to do/enjoy.

Grinding multiple dungeons you don't want to do to get multiple stacks of 33krAD on multiple alts is not fun.

Some of us already have a stressful mind-numbing soul-crushing jobs irl. We don't need another one online.

I FARMED ad i didnt take them from you
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    So keep farming. Nothing is stopping you from farming salvage or rAD.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    I agree to a point... dungeons and such are way more ‘empty’ due to the limit. That’s because hunts give salvage and bravery seals. When I’m seeing groups taking breaks on hunts to go spend their 1200 seals for salvage? There’s a point where the cap is set way too low. Personally, I don’t think there should be a cap. Let the economy figure out where that sweet spot is for prices. If they want to put dents in the AD economy, they know how. They can start doing more of those special companion auctions, they can start charging AD for certain services that only the elite players do, etc. Caps only hurt the little guy busting their butt trying to catch up in the game.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Dungeon is 'empty' may be because people has been busy trying to get through the campaign so that they can get into the latest dungeon. Most people who did not spend to speed up and chose to advance the campaign (instead of boon) unlock the latest dungeon this week. They may now spend time to complete the boon.

i.e. people has been busy doing something else. For me, I mostly spend time to finish the campaign quests for 6 toons. For me, that has nothing to do with the rAD refinement limit. I don't even have time to do hunt.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Barovia instances full epic gear for salvage.
    Doing hunts salvage epic gear.
    random queues give a lot astral diamonds.

No reason to run dungeons if reach 700k ad rough astral for a week in 2 days.( and believe me is not that hard).

Remove the limit or remove so much epic gear stop trolling poeple.

You are responsible that now we cant find people to " farm and for ad beside the ultimate stone doing cr or tong or codg. YOu made salvage useless with the stupid 100k limit.

I would say you're probably online at times when people aren't running them, then. My wife and I have been pugging epic dungeons for three weeks now and we have absolutely no problem getting groups. The wait times are never more than a minute or so, and we run five times a night after I get home from work - not counting the 1x each Leveling and Intermediate queue runs we do first.

For some, maybe. Not all.

N= 1 generalization

I have no trouble getting groups to farm salvage and I suspect most of those in their guild or alliance chat have little trouble either.

I make less AD at 100K per day. That sucks. But I make it passively on just the 2-3 toons I actually care about.

QoL is much better only playing content you want to do/enjoy.

Grinding multiple dungeons you don't want to do to get multiple stacks of 33krAD on multiple alts is not fun.

Some of us already have a stressful mind-numbing soul-crushing jobs irl. We don't need another one online.

I FARMED ad i didnt take them from you
    What's your point here? dread4moor was farming for them, too. I would say anyone getting rAD is farming for them.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Dungeons are epty?
    Maybe people are just bored and can´t find much to go on with the grind ?
    That´s what I got on my mind tbh.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I love the way it is now. I do one intermediate que, and maybe one advanced queue. Then I do campaign stuff at my pace. No pressure to grind more (when your peers can grind more, you feel the need to do the same). My favorite change of all was IG moved to leveling queue. No more getting taken for gold!

The wait times are never more than a minute or so, and we run five times a night after I get home from work - not counting the 1x each Leveling and Intermediate queue runs we do first.

You realize that before they changed to the 100k cap, the queues took less than 10-15 seconds, usually almost instant? The advanced queue, during prime times now, takes 5-10 minutes. The leveling queue can take up to 2-3 minutes. We used to be able to queue up for a specific dungeon (the slowest way to queue) and get in within 2-3 minutes, even the worst dungeons. So, yeah, I’d have to agree with the basic premise. Because there is a cap that is easy to achieve, even without random queues, with a limit of use for random queuing to once per account (can still do it, just not for anywhere near the XP or AD, that means there are less players doing dungeons at any given time. Thankfully, millions play, so there is still a lot doing dungeons, just not as many as used to. That results in longer queue times.
  • megasvassiliosmegasvassilios Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    One of the best changes ever been made (at least for my playstyle don't know about the game or others but not hearing any complaints from the people I'm playing with).
    Especially the random queues once per account part but also the endless salvage runs.
    One (or two) less mindless grinding.
    I don't know why we feel compelled doing easy AD stuff that are boring but that stopped :smile:
    I could do all weeklies on only 2 toons and god felt so boring.
    Vary rarely was doing random queues.

And no I don't have any problems finding groups for dungeons (well dont know if you mean eSoT or eToS and what happens for these dungeons)

Find what you like and play it.

I ll give you an example: my son has his own toon in my account and he loves running Lair of Lostmauth regardless loot or RAD limits.
    Especially after I told him (from the Jubilee facts) that Lair is the deadliest dungeon he felt even more intrigued.
    How much I miss this childish feeling.

Find yours.

Sure if you 've reached the limit in 1 or 2 days there are a lot things you can still farm for the rest 8 hours/day or more:
    guild marks cap on 52 toons
    Omu patrols on 52 toons for the gravestiker +5
    fane on 52 toons for the shadowstalker +5
    Hunts
    Sahha balls on 52 toons
    Protector Bounties on 52 toons
    Gifts of simril on 52 toons
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    The danger in removing the AD cap is that it could [probably would] lead to AD hyperinflation, prices of items on the Auction House getting higher and higher - this will, according to Capitalist theory eventually even out and the market finds a true price for everything.

So as this is a game and not a matter of real life and death, why not give it a go? I would be damn curious to see what the outcome would be.

And just for kicks and Lols devs, make everything that drops UNBOUND and see what happens, I mean, come on you can always change it back right?

Lets have true Chaos in Neverwinter for a month

The wait times are never more than a minute or so, and we run five times a night after I get home from work - not counting the 1x each Leveling and Intermediate queue runs we do first.

You realize that before they changed to the 100k cap, the queues took less than 10-15 seconds, usually almost instant? The advanced queue, during prime times now, takes 5-10 minutes. The leveling queue can take up to 2-3 minutes. We used to be able to queue up for a specific dungeon (the slowest way to queue) and get in within 2-3 minutes, even the worst dungeons. So, yeah, I’d have to agree with the basic premise. Because there is a cap that is easy to achieve, even without random queues, with a limit of use for random queuing to once per account (can still do it, just not for anywhere near the XP or AD, that means there are less players doing dungeons at any given time. Thankfully, millions play, so there is still a lot doing dungeons, just not as many as used to. That results in longer queue times.
    Well, we're still only waiting seconds for the random queues. Of course, we only do the lower two. We were running the Advanced queue the week after the change, but the wait times were typically 20-30 minutes. The Advanced queue isn't worth doing. You also can't compare the Advanced queue to anything because it didn't exist before. After we run the two random queues once each, we queue for specific epic dungeons. This is our typical list: Valindra's Tower, Shores of Tuern, Lair of Lostmauth, Castle Never, Cragmire Crypts, Gray Wolf Den, and Temple of the Spider. Our wait time for a group is never more than a minute and it's often much shorter. So while I recognize that before the change the wait times were typically very short, we're not seeing any meaningful difference and we're still playing during peak times.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    My queue wait time seems to be the same as before. I have well geared toons of all role types so I always get the role bonus. It's hard to say what impact the account limit has on queue time. My guess is the queue time should be down because most trash alts are dps types and these toons are no longer clogging the system.
    edited July 2018
    Before the change you would chose a dungeon to farm it yes for unlimited astral diamonds salvage but still this needed to spend some time. But this was player choice to play as much he wants. ANd now cryptic came to punish player for farming more than the 100k ad limit per day.
    The goal was to limit rough astrals 3m per month but that took away from players "to farm rough astral diamonds" because now you get epic items from everywhere they drop like they are green items so you finish fast and then what?
    Uncap rough astral diamonds was the main reason "cryptic had server population high".

THERE are not anymore temple of spider runs no more esot runs because is not profitable anymore.
    It is just as profitable as it always was. You still get salvage to convert to rAD.

What you don't have is a boatload of AD to spend immediately.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

Before the change you would chose a dungeon to farm it yes for unlimited astral diamonds salvage but still this needed to spend some time. But this was player choice to play as much he wants. ANd now cryptic came to punish player for farming more than the 100k ad limit per day.
    The goal was to limit rough astrals 3m per month but that took away from players "to farm rough astral diamonds" because now you get epic items from everywhere they drop like they are green items so you finish fast and then what?
    Uncap rough astral diamonds was the main reason "cryptic had server population high".

THERE are not anymore temple of spider runs no more esot runs because is not profitable anymore.

LOL. Whatever. If I queue for only etos, I still get groups lightning quick. Castle Never is actually a faster queue than etos for me.
    greywynd said:

It is just as profitable as it always was. You still get salvage to convert to rAD.

NO the astral diamonds are lesser. IF For example in 1 week you were making 300k x7 =2.4m .
    LETS say you still do the same runs : 300k per day salvage for 1 week . 100k x7 =700k ad.
    Which is the point of the refining limit.

greywynd said:

NO the astral diamonds are lesser. IF For example in 1 week you were making 300k x7 =2.4m .
    LETS say you still do the same runs : 300k per day salvage for 1 week . 100k x7 =700k ad.
    You simply restated exactly what the person you quoted said.

greywynd said:

You simply restated exactly what the person you quoted said.
    “It is just as profitable as it always was”

Pretty sure pointing out a difference of over 2 million points out how wrong their comment was, not merely restating it. But, I see the difficulty here, the original comment was made in such a way as to contradict itself, so that no matter how anyone responds, they are both agreeing and disagreeing, which can be used however the original poster wishes. Instead, comments should be made in a more focused and coherent manner. It is NOT just as profitable as it always has been, as before, a player could feasibly make millions per day if they were so inclined. Now, they can make 100k, barring buying/selling of items.

This changes nothing for those with hundreds of millions, because they will continue to make trades in the millions with each other. Who this affects, and only in a negative way, are any players who wish to do real advancement past 12-13k IL, as the only options available are grinding for months, if not years, to work up ‘honestly’ through the tedious process of saving up for coal wards, pres wards, and inching upwards on enchantments/etc, or putting money into the game to buy AD so that they can afford the millions they need to buy the advancements they would have just earned in-game beforehand by farming rAD hardcore for the purchases.

So, no, don’t kid yourselves into thinking this is to try and right the ship, or try and reign in the out-of-control AD problems. This is to try and push new players into spending real cash, a way to keep the appearance of F2P, while in reality the game has become P2P if you want to get to the end-game past 13k or so. Up til then, still F2P, though. But, to buy the proper companions that cost 500k-millions, or mounts that are 5 million+, to get rank 12s or above in every spot, etc etc? Start totaling how many AD that will cost, then, divide that by 100k, that’s how many days it will take of working for rAD hardcore, and ignoring campaigns, etc. during the grinding hours, due to the cap and the decreased ability to get fast AD (since we cannot do randoms on each character, only once per account!), but then, add in campaigns too, since you need the boons!

It takes a week or two to get to 11k, about a week or two to get to 13k, but now months to get to 14-15, potentially years to get to 16? That’s through just farming and earning, F2P, all the way. But, spend 20-30 on the game, and you can get to that 16 in a month, maybe two. That’s what the change has done.
  • chivonicachivonica Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I have not experienced the queue/dungeon/group thing since the change but is probably bc I play a lot with ACs, don't pre-make groups yet and don't even bother with adv/expert queue. @shadoewrayth is spot on with the last post imo, describing this games "iL wall" which is no secret.

@nunya If you ran 8 characters through RQ and only got ~100k R/AD something is wrong no? I was getting ~25k from 2 queues per character x 8 = ~200k per day x 7 = ~1.4mil per WEEK from queues. If I went to previous cap that is 288k p/w and ~2mil p/week. You only ran 1 queue per character?

Its not unreasonable to say having more then 2 characters (Which are Free anyways) is not uncommon for a game of this nature or age. The basic F2P model of this game is not one of which relies on a one sided transaction but for mutual benefit for both parties which ultimately benefits the company. Its is not new, it is not unique and has existed for a long time in other games too. You say its nice that people sell c.wards? Imo no its not its just what we have though. Its nice for the company. Those who have no time to play the game can "rely" on others to sell their AD. Was C.wards always on/intended to be on the Zen store only? I am returning player so idk but that is a major progression feature they worked into their monetisation.

The fact is..... if no one spent money on this game there wouldn't be any opportunities for any players without the fundamental F2P business model this game has being destroyed.

If you had 8 characters through RQ you would know that is petty AD for what the Devs were targeting but anyone with over 2 Free characters is now affected by this change. If you got a character past 9k iL and are trying to progress it to end game to play with others and experience new Mods etc you will know the iL wall and what it takes to get past it.

I joined a lovely guild with brilliant people and spent millions of AD (from the queues over months and a lot of time) on upgrades to only get to 14k iL on ONE character. Outside of nice friends/guilds this is generally deemed near or just acceptable iL for end game without being carried. With these changes I have basically halted progress on my alts cos theyr not getting any where near that even if got all campaign boons they need serious AD investment.

I understand the OP is making 700k+ salvage in 2 days lol and is one of the rare players Devs were probably trying to target with the changes but it has affected more then those, a lot more. Anyone with experience or who can see past their own nose would be able to tell.
    When I said that "It is just as profitable as it always was." you are getting the same amount of rAD as you always did. The profit is in the rAD, not in the refined. They have explained their reasons for the refining limit. If refining rAD is your only source of AD, then yeah, there's a major adjustment you need to make in you play, because your upgrades and improvements are not going to be coming as fast as they used to.
  • diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    how to do 100k ad every day? easy! 8 chars, you need to do weekly portal, d-ring, sharandar(take like 3-4h for all chars) + some "she" in river dc or any zone you like, done. you can add some rq but no much need, only if you want have fun looking on afkers, goofys and poor ppl that was put to inst. where they should not be because they not rdy( low IL and/or xp)
    so now Neverwinter is solo mmo))) good job cryptic))))
    sure I can pug dung. and …. for what? 0 or almost 0 efforts with max profit, good for cryptic, good for other game devs. nova days, then maybe it`s good for me too 8)
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    >
    > THERE are not anymore temple of spider runs no more esot runs because is not profitable anymore.

That's true.
    I no longer grind in a numb state through etos over and over and over on multiple toons.

Not saying AD limit was the best solution.
    Respect to those who found pleasure and profit in the alt farm. Your complaints are legitimate.

I will only speak for myself, but that alt grind was boring af and tedious.

Making 1/3rd my usual AD in 1 hour and enjoying the content is better then 3x the same amount and hating it.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
    edited July 2018
    chivonica said:

I have not experienced the queue/dungeon/group thing since the change but is probably bc I play a lot with ACs, don't pre-make groups yet and don't even bother with adv/expert queue. @shadoewrayth is spot on with the last post imo, describing this games "iL wall" which is no secret.

@nunya If you ran 8 characters through RQ and only got ~100k R/AD something is wrong no? I was getting ~25k from 2 queues per character x 8 = ~200k per day x 7 = ~1.4mil per WEEK from queues. If I went to previous cap that is 288k p/w and ~2mil p/week. You only ran 1 queue per character?

Its not unreasonable to say having more then 2 characters (Which are Free anyways) is not uncommon for a game of this nature or age. The basic F2P model of this game is not one of which relies on a one sided transaction but for mutual benefit for both parties which ultimately benefits the company. Its is not new, it is not unique and has existed for a long time in other games too. You say its nice that people sell c.wards? Imo no its not its just what we have though. Its nice for the company. Those who have no time to play the game can "rely" on others to sell their AD. Was C.wards always on/intended to be on the Zen store only? I am returning player so idk but that is a major progression feature they worked into their monetisation.

The fact is..... if no one spent money on this game there wouldn't be any opportunities for any players without the fundamental F2P business model this game has being destroyed.

If you had 8 characters through RQ you would know that is petty AD for what the Devs were targeting but anyone with over 2 Free characters is now affected by this change. If you got a character past 9k iL and are trying to progress it to end game to play with others and experience new Mods etc you will know the iL wall and what it takes to get past it.

I joined a lovely guild with brilliant people and spent millions of AD (from the queues over months and a lot of time) on upgrades to only get to 14k iL on ONE character. Outside of nice friends/guilds this is generally deemed near or just acceptable iL for end game without being carried. With these changes I have basically halted progress on my alts cos theyr not getting any where near that even if got all campaign boons they need serious AD investment.

I understand the OP is making 700k+ salvage in 2 days lol and is one of the rare players Devs were probably trying to target with the changes but it has affected more then those, a lot more. Anyone with experience or who can see past their own nose would be able to tell.

I am from the players had the choice to make for example:
    MONDAY 100k tuesday 200k wednesday dont play thursday dont play friday: 700k saturday 300k and if i wanted i would make more per week . what is the problem with the above?
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    If I hit cap on RAD everyday, this means I make 3 million AD per month just on my RAD. My method is playing the market, buy low now, sell high later. There is no cap on how much I can make in the auction house. I sincerely thank people like @nunya#5309 for their support. Without them there would not be items in the AH so dirt cheap, there wouldn't even be a game to play. Thanks so much for supporting Neverwinter.

Have fun!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • chivonicachivonica Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    The problem is they don't want you to make more. That is the point of the 100k p/day - 700k p/week cap.

You didn't originally ask/say in your op to just increase the cap slightly, double it or triple it, you basically said revert the change or nerf salvage for everyone because you make 700k in 2 days. That left a massive window of speculation open.

You didn't ask for a weekly cap limit like Chult/Omu/RC campaigns but higher then 100k, you just say uncap it. This would give you a choice of when/how much to get on any particular day while still having a cap in place for which the Devs or w/e deem fit like a compromise. But you don't want a cap and your not really compromising on anything in your posts. What you want and what they want don't match up or come anywhere near to each other.

Do not get me wrong. I am all for player choice and would prefer no cap as well but that isn't happening imo. I would be surprised but not shocked if they even increased it. This was announced ahead of time, some people prepared for it and adjusted, some left the game over it and some don't care either way. Anyone just joining the game wont even know the difference unless they look it up or are told.

I only just re-joined the game after 4-5yrs and really enjoying it. Honestly was surprised to see it still alive and kicking so they must be doing something right unless they are just getting around to killing it off. My timing is either perfect or terrible :p

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    Gaining rad trough hunts is just way to much and way to easy. abit over 2 hours of hunting and u are done for the week.