test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sisters of Strahd

coldorchestra#1870 coldorchestra Member Posts: 1 Arc User
So my first run into Ravenloft I died about 20 times. Here's all I have gleamed.
One of the five needs to grab the book of Strahd when it drops, then run around like a lunatic while two of the sisters try to beat you.
Everyone else needs to attack the first sister of Spite. When she says attack me if you dare, everyone should not attack as you will do no damage and will take damage yourself. When you see red chains on yourself your allies or her don't attack she will not take damage and you or your chained allies will.
The blood pools...don't really seem to go away and is most of the time how we died...
That's all I got.
If you have more advice post it.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    One addition observation:

On the tank's buffbar, when you're getting hit, there'll be this square looking debuff icon that can stack up to 10 times.

If it stacks up to 10 times, the sister will say something like "Prepare to join the ranks of the Undead".

You MUST shield this attack (shield if GF, Sanctuary if OP), or you just instantly die.

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    When you kill a sister, a portal appears in the middle of the courtyard.

If you do not destroy this portal quickly enough, everyone is instantly killed.

A good tactic is to bring the party close to the middle of the courtyard just prior to killing a sister so you can reach the portal quicker.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Sisters:

With the book, the LMB channeled taunt, you can move while it's channeled, and while a sister is taunted no red circles, so it's just like walking the dog, hold the mouse and walk.
    With two, when both where on me, I've stunned one, and walked the other. It's mainly boring (I'm not taking the book again).

Second boss, I've heard people say it's glitch and over spinning, but we just stabbed it to death.

Last one, kill chained vampires, grab sword, spin on main evil vampire, sward falls, repeat.
    When everything goes red, wait 2 sec, do sword daily. It reminds somewhat CT pirate bloodbath, that long ago used to kill people.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Agree w above.
    I do the book often as DO or GF.
    @micky1p00 described it well.
    Especially the boredom.

I would add...
    Occasionally one sister will slip away... for example, you get trapped in a bunch of blood pools and have to heal/dodge (any action other then movement breaks the spell).

The trailing sister, not stunned, then sprints over to the fight.
    It takes 10-20 seconds to chase them, regain control and drag them away. Meanwhile a fireworks of "0"s will be seen.

Your DPS may become displeased with your performance and admonish you with expletives for neglect of duty.

Solution:
    I position b/w sisters and rest of party, book-beam focused on the sister nearest the party.
    If one sister escapes, she must go around and past me first. No chasing needed, no immunity.

Regarding the chains:
    The "Attack me if you dare" reflected damage is specifically onto the chained party member.
    It appears to activate instantly (before the chain-wrap animation is complete).

It is easy to be three At-wills in before realizing you are killing your own teammate.

Similarly, you might not know you are the mark before getting a one-shot from your own party.

Suggestion:

Anticipate chains- She is predictable.
    She usually does chains after her AoE push attack in her rotation.

Dodge/block the instant you hear "attack", visible chains or not. If it turns out you did not have chains, no harm done.

Step a bit away from her (to avoid passive damage like burning guidance) and use this 5-6 second pause to heal/pots/buff self or party.

"Join the ranks of the undead" is a vampire bite. It stacks quickly to instant death. It does not appear to be random like the chains, hits only the aggro target (tank). Block immediately or guaranteed death.

Hope that helps.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Ilvl required? i gather 16.5-17k for tanks & Clerics & 17k-18k for DPS?