test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arcolith Bug in Ravenloft

yeenoghu#2009 yeenoghu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
The Arcolith (2nd Boss) is doing the spin attack too soon, without doing the prior attacks with the sword first. Sometimes spins few seconds after battle starts or spins multiple times with no real time to deal damage to him.

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    As far as I know, the "early" spin is working as intended -you just have to avoid triggering it. He starts spinning "early" if he gets "frustrated" in the previous phase if he fails to do any damage.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • yeenoghu#2009 yeenoghu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Do damage or deal damage? Because he still hits and deals damage.
    If doesn't work because of immunity from AA or something else, okay. But what I mean is dealing damage and then going into the early spin without even charging the sword.

As for Ravenloft bugs go, though, yesterday there was one during Strahd's battle as well during the phase where you use the Sunsword's daily to shield yourself. During the attacks the player with the sword end up being pushed back from the shield and died.
  • metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    My que group and i just dealt with this bug and wiped and reset like 4 times before i had to leave cause of needing to get ready for work. This is a major bug that needs to be fixed among other issues. Not sure exactly what is causing the bug so if there is a work around till it gets fixed then i can deal with it till then i may not do any CR runs not worth the frustration and ad/bars spent on life scrolls for nothing.
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    e
    Post edited by nooneatza on
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Well, here is what the "CR Survival Guide" says about this issue:
    The one tricksy thing to watch for is the arcolith’s taunt/challenge attack, in which he plants his sword in the ground and slams his gauntlets together. If the arcolith’s next attack following the taunt doesn’t hit anybody, he will immediately start spinning! NOT GOOD! So, tanks, make sure to absorb the hits -- don’t dodge or sidestep them. None of them are especially threatening for an endgame tank, and the risk of forfeiting an entire pillar is totally not worth it and really the only way for an otherwise capable group to fail this encounter.
    Does this not match what you are seeing?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    We had this same issue with a GF dps as he was stealing aggro from the tank and then dodging the boss's attack. The tank has to get hit by the attack and it also stuns the GF dps. Way around it is for the OP tank to move into the place that the GF tank was at to take the hit for the GF that side steps the boss's attacks.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k