test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game crash trying to go to Makos' camp

I've tried six times to go to Makos' camp for the quest and each time I get a hard crash to desktop. Six tries, six crashes. Tried to load into it from the Underdark, Rothe Valley, PE and each time it crashes. Verified files after a restart each time and still isn't working. I did get it to load on a potato laptop but not on my main gaming comp.

Comments

• Options
    koolboy223koolboy223 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    So, I picked up a quest which tells me to go to Makos' Camp. It loads very slowly than quickly to the half-way mark before crashing. I have no clue at what the cause would be. Could someone help out? Thank you.
  • Options
    necrosamashnecrosamash Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Have same exact problem.Dunno the solution yet.

update;After this problem game just starts to crash at char select screen.
  • Options
    joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Just started having the same problem with that quest - can not travel to the camp

It's a bad crash also as the game has to verify files before reloading

This is repeatable - 3 times so far today. I've stopped trying to go there - hopefully we can get this fixed reasonably quickly

The quest is:
    Festival of Bryn Shander
    Rothe Valley - Makos Camp instance
  • Options
    anyanka2tanyanka2t Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same here
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    Add me to the list.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    maze84maze84 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same thing
  • Options
    tehkitehki Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am having the same exact issue -- also valindra's castle crashes and I can't complete the neverdeath deed because it crashes every single time I try to enter the crypt
  • Options
    pjz99pjz99 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I have this problem as well, with the same maps
    - Rothe Valley/Makos' Camp
    - Valindra's Tower
    - Runestead

I have this problem on a variety of characters and it happens even with Safe Mode enabled, so I don't see how it could be a settings problem or something character-specific.
  • Options

I have this problem too, probably because your character is still set to start in the bad instance. If you look at the character's location in the roster you'll see where they're set to log in at, but after "a while" (more than a few minutes, less than an hour) this quietly resets and you should be able to log that character in again even though the roster may still show them as being in the bad instance.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    It's a known bug, support told me it's on the devs' radar and they're working on it
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Just joining the chorus on this one. Runestead and VT for me. Valindra's Tower was a random queue too.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    VT is really a bad one because you can't avoid it in random queue and if you decide to play another character, you're flagged as a leaver and can't queue anything for the duration of that penalty.
  • Options
    brimstonesixbrimstonesix Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Yeah I've been having the same problem for days.
    Monini Crypt and Marko's Camp try to go into them and you disconnect several of the random queues are buggy as well. Also loosing sound, animation on weapons, armor, quest path line, and loot highlight( sparkles) and sparkles on Items( chests, etc.) mostly after or during HE in Ravenloft but happens once in a wile on other HEs. My shadow walk is screwed up half the time too, you go into SW and the screen just zooms in and out real quick and I only travel about 5 feet. Then of course there is the constant random client crashes. A lot of the animation problem for me go back to the last siege of Neverwinter event I have to log out and log back in to clear it up, well until I do another HE :(
    Need to change the name to NeverFixed
  • Options
    sav87#0519 sav87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is this game still im beta testing? i am playing for about a week now and its full of bugs. what is wrong with you?
  • Options
    Support replied to me that this has been acknowledged by the dev team and they're working on it.