What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC Dodge (Preview)

thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
This is what DC dodge looks like on preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGz9Izw66dc&feature=youtu.be

This is what DC Dodge looks like on live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhmloy8wpag&feature=youtu.be

There is a noticeable delay when you just spam the dodge on preview that does not exist on live

Comments

• kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    nerf?
    Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    kaudilho said:

nerf?

No, I think it's actually glitchy. You can animation-cancel the dodge just by holding down the movement key, which is almost certainly not intended. If you press nothing after initiating the dodge, it plays out normally.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    @kreatyve @nitocris83

Can you please see if this is intended? The behavior is very buggy and inconsistent.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    dupeks said:

@kreatyve @nitocris83

Can you please see if this is intended? The behavior is very buggy and inconsistent.

I'll make sure the thread gets seen. Could potentially be a lag issue though, given the source, but I'll make sure they look into it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited July 2018
    kreatyve said:

dupeks said:

@kreatyve @nitocris83

I'll make sure the thread gets seen. Could potentially be a lag issue though, given the source, but I'll make sure they look into it.
    I am confident that this is a new behavior that I personally experience in mod14. It is also consistent, especially if I try to dodge multiple times in a row.

If I had to describe it to a blind adventurer, I'd say that the DC's dodge animation was shortened by 33% or so, but they forgot to reduce the cooldown. As a result, there is a weird lag/delay always at the end of dodging.

Are any changes intended at all to the DC's dodge? (none were documented in patch notes)

If not, this is a bug and they should review how to revert the dodge animation length.
    If yes, this is a different bug and they should review the responsiveness of repeated dodging.

PS: Note that Sharp posted the original before Mod14 went live, so "preview" is Mod14 and "live" is Mod13, before it broke.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Happened to tr also... but the immunity frames don't exist.. you take damage while dodging...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • vanlaykniervanlayknier Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I also experience this in the live server after mod 14 launched, As a TR whenever I dodge the animation is choppy.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I am still experiencing this on the LIVE server.

It only happens when I am walking (/walk 1) or running to a location though.

If you dodge from standing still, the slide animation is the complete distance (i.e. not affected). If it were just lag, I would expect both dodges to be affected.

It seems like the act of moving towards a location shortens the dodge for the DC. This seems to affect the length of ground covered, and the dodge includes the distance walked/ran, whereas before it functioned independently of the current movement of the character.

I tested this by dodging from a set point towards another point. If I dodged from standstill, walking or running, I always ended up on the same point. Running or walking to a location should NOT affect the distance of the slide, as this is how it properly functioned before. It makes the current DC dodge feel and look weird, clunky, and much more inefficient when you are moving.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    It's not lag. It has been like this since the new mod went live (i doubt the game would be lagged since then to mess with the dodge for so long), also there's the fact that is possible to test it:

If you keep pressing W (or whatever movement key) when you dodge then it will end the animation prematurely, if you activate the dodge and stop pressing W immediately after then the dodge will slide for its full-length.
    edited July 2018
    @kreatyve there has been some additional insight added to the thread that would be good to pass along. Additional classes are affected, and it appears to be related to interrupting the dodge animation with a movement.

Have you gotten any word back whether any changes at all were intended to the various class dodges?
    Post edited by dupeks on
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'm following up on this. Thanks!
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Can I also draw attention to a similar issue with Hunter Ranger dodge on preview.

If you spam cast dodges with high stamina, you perform 3 correctly, and then things start getting glitchy after that (this effects the distance travelled. E.g. 1 HR dodge is normally like 3ft or something? Whereas after 3 dodges it casts another 6 dodges in the space it would normally take 3 with 6 audible sounds and on each 1 normal dodge there is what appears to be rubberbanding half way through followed by a quick second dodge but overall resulting in about 2ft of distance traversed.)
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    and seriously can the hr be given the same dodge as the dc? they seem to be on the same framework otherwise. the hr dodge is just weird and unfair compared to every other class...
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    baaaaaaaah .
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    no updates about fixes to this, the dc dodge is broken somehow, blight twigs aoe when i dodge i get damaged and pulled away

@kreatyve do you think you could follow up to see if the devs have determined anything? Were any changes to various class dodges intended (none were documented)?
    dupeks said:

@kreatyve do you think you could follow up to see if the devs have determined anything? Were any changes to various class dodges intended (none were documented)?
    @nitocris83 Julia do you have any indication from the devs whether this was intended / what they plan to do about it? Thanks!
    @kreatyve any news? I know people are probably busy with Mod14 console launch but this one keeps causing frustration in game.

I also wanted to add that I think I experience this on my CW as well. So it really feels like all dodges were affected.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I have forwarded the issue again.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    When I first brought this up there was discussion of follow up with design but since it's on preview, it may not have been prioritized. I'll bug the team again.
    edited September 2018

When I first brought this up there was discussion of follow up with design but since it's on preview, it may not have been prioritized. I'll bug the team again.

Hi Julia,
    To clarify, this bug has been live since Mod 14. This thread pre-dates Mod14 launch and the poster didn't update the labels after launch.

Were any changes intended at all to the CW/DC/HR/TR dodge with Mod 14? (none were documented in patch notes)

If not, this is a bug and they should review how to revert the dodge animation length.
    If yes, this is a different bug and they should review the responsiveness of repeated dodging.

PS: Note that Sharp posted the original before Mod14 went live, so in the original posting "preview" is Mod14 and "live" is Mod13, before it broke.

Post edited by dupeks on
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

Thank you, Julia. This bug isn't as horrible (imo) as the various Castle Ravenloft bugs, but like dupeks said, it has been an issue since Mod 14 preview prior to going live.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Swinging the nerfbat might be more fun, but please, could we have at least one tiny fix for DCs as well?
    @nitocris83 following up on this one to see if it could get slotted in for the next round of post-mod15 items to look at.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Looks like the fix is in.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

Looks like the fix is in.

Thanks, excellent!

Shame on me for not checking preview more thoroughly... but I didn't see it in the patch notes, right?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I'm at work and can't test it yet but it was on the patch notes.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Oh I see... patch notes only mention DC though... hope they got the other classes too? Thanks for the catch :)