test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] White Owlbear Bind Status

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2018 in News & Announcements
*NOTE* CS will honor requests that come in between May 17th-June 20th. Please submit your request during that timeframe

Greetings Adventurers,

As some folks have brought up, there was a change in binding for the White Owlbear mount on Neverwinter PC. Initially, we released this mount as part of a Charge Rewards promo, and it was Bind on Equip. About a year later, a separate promotion also used this mount as a reward. Due to an issue with that promotion, an exploit was discovered in which players could claim a potentially infinite number of these owlbears.

In order to prevent the exploiters from rapidly flooding the economy with owlbears and devaluing the ones that players legitimately claimed, we decided to stop the bleeding (figuratively) by binding White Owlbear mounts - initially to character, and then to account.

This binding unfortunately affected all White Owlbear mounts, not just the ones that were gained via exploitation. And, regardless of action taken on exploiting accounts, there are more White Owlbear mounts out there than there should be.

So, here's what we're doing:
  • The White Owlbear mount will remain Bound to Account.
  • We will provide our Customer Support team a list of all accounts who earned the White Owlbear mount as part of the November 2016 Charge Rewards promo.
  • Anyone who submits a ticket to CS requesting BoE White Owlbears, and is on that list of accounts, will have their White Owlbears replaced with a BoE version (if they weren't already put in the character's stable).
What we ask of you:
  • Please move any Owlbears you want to replace into your main inventory (instead of your bank, mail, guild bank, etc).
    • IMPORTANT NOTE: If any were placed in a guild bank or mail, please make sure to claim them on the account that initially earned them.
  • If you earned White Owlbears as part of the November 2016 Charge Rewards promo, and want any Bound (to character or account) versions replaced with unbound versions, please contact Customer Support. (Even if you have already contacted them.)
    • Please put "White Owlbear replacement request" in the subject line of your ticket.
    • Please include in the ticket how many you want replaced.

If you have character-bound versions and did not earn them as part of the November 2016 Charge Rewards promo, you can still contact CS to have them bound to account instead.

We appreciate your patience in the matter. This process requires a new build to go live, so at earliest, these requests can be fulfilled on Thursday, May 17, after server maintenance.

Thank you,
The Neverwinter Team
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I wonder if CS will unbind more than one Owlbear per account, considering that people were only supposed to get one.

...not that it matters to me - I didn't get any to begin with...
    Hoping for improvements...
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Thank you so much and to the Devs for fixing this. Also to the awesome player(s) persistent about this issue.

@adinosii Anyone participated in the Nov 2016 promos could claim each items multiple times, as long as they accumulate enough Arc points from zen charges. I was able to get multiple items and the Owlbear was one of them. Note that each Olwbear was about $100 you have to charge to claim again.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    ah..ok
    Hoping for improvements...
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    This sounds mostly related to PC. On xbox, I earned one BtC owlbear choice, from the buy a hero (level 70) thingy. I happened to pick the white one, does this mean I potentially would get BtA rights to the white owlbear? I don't think it would matter much to me, but if it works that way, their may be others that are excited about it.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @nitocris83 I'm not sure what you mean between these two dates. What if I made contact before those dates? Should I contact them yet again?
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    The patch notes made me really angry thinking I wasn't getting what I paid for, should be a link to this thread in them
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    vida44 said:

@nitocris83 I'm not sure what you mean between these two dates. What if I made contact before those dates? Should I contact them yet again?

Related: I filed a "request GM help" ticket but got no response. I realised today that there's ALSO a place to file a ticket on the website, and did that. My original request was inside the deadline but got completely ignored, not even a "wrong place to file a ticket" response. My web ticket is a couple of days late, but to be fair your post *does not* contain a link to the correct web form and your in-game help system *did not* respond to tell me it was the wrong department. Can I still get my charge reward fixed?
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    So today I received a reply, where Customer Service agent "cyrelm" *included a link to this thread* while telling me that Customer Service doesn't replace White Owlbears, replacing White Owlbears is impossible, nobody gets replacement owlbears ever.

@nitocris83 any chance you can address this with customer service and get them to do what your post says they'll do, instead of citing your post as a reason to *not* do what your post says they'll do?

• kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    lowjohn said:

So today I received a reply, where Customer Service agent "cyrelm" *included a link to this thread* while telling me that Customer Service doesn't replace White Owlbears, replacing White Owlbears is impossible, nobody gets replacement owlbears ever.

@nitocris83 any chance you can address this with customer service and get them to do what your post says they'll do, instead of citing your post as a reason to *not* do what your post says they'll do?

*NOTE* CS will honor requests that come in between May 17th-June 20th. Please submit your request during that timeframe
    Without a ticket on website within the frame there are almost no chances getting your request fulfilled i guess..
    r9jtqurw.jpg