test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mane of the Manticore

Hello Dev's,

Is this item on your radar for a fix?

Now, I am not the longest playing player of your game. I have spent money on your game however not the most. I make Youtube video's of my PvP adventures, though I don't have the largest subscriber base or views compared to others that play your game.

I do however enjoy your game and have contributed to it my time and money and want to continue.

As a CW PVP player, I've sucked it up and found a way to deal with your GF imbalances, your TR imbalances, your OP imbalances, your Underdark Ring imbalances, Drain imbalances, Chitter's Fang imbalances, Ring of the Curse Bringer imbalances and others I can not be bothered to remind myself of. However I am not prepared to continue when glaring items like this SCREAM broken, yet you let them be and when we complain you fall off the face of the earth and make no comments on the matter.

If this item is not going to be changed, please set my expectations now so that I can make a decision on whether I will continue to play your game.

I feel that a response is fair.

Some issues with this item are,

a) this item multi-proc's.
b) Playing against my own build, all powers, feats, gear, enchantments, mount powers, mount equips, mount insignia's, mirrored with the only change being the use of the Mane of the Manticore, it is not even slightly competitive.
c) By removing Tenacity you gave us freedom to use all types of gear only to introduce one BIS item that every class must have to remain competitive in PVP.

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I thought you were playing an Hr now : D due to this all the cw tricks have run out of the bag unfortunately ...

the mane did get a supposed "fix" but that does not mean complete in cryptic s world ...

just sooo tired of the sloths p[ace of changes that are made
  • Hey Kalina,

I did play HR for a bit however the CW always draws me back.

Not all tricks, we can cast a daily and cancel it for 50% ap lol.

In any case this item is toxic, and yes whatever fix they did, did not work.
  • Me too buddy, me too.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Yeah it still multiprocs when certain classes wear it. I think things like immolation spirits proc one each and separately to the caster, so depending how many you hit ... multi mane proc! Yay! (not ...)
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • vickvega82#4490 vickvega82 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I have used the mane and played against the mane. All the complaining about it is absurd. I have heard people say that SWe can still multi proc it, but I have seen 0 of that in probably 200 hours of PVP. I have also witnessed every class in the game absorb a stout mane from my toon and have little to no effect, not just tanks. If you find the mane is obliterating you, I would guess you neither have enough HP and or deflect. Its not like it's piercing dmg. Just this morning I watched a CW turn my 150k mane proc into 30k dmg. If you're not mitigating enough damage......get more damage mitigation.

Further more, when I get owned by a mane, which happens from time to time, I respawn, and change my tactics with that player to help avoid the mane. Spend more time strategizing, less time complaining about it.
    Limitless is L33t AF
    edited June 2018

I have used the mane and played against the mane. All the complaining about it is absurd. I have heard people say that SWe can still multi proc it, but I have seen 0 of that in probably 200 hours of PVP. I have also witnessed every class in the game absorb a stout mane from my toon and have little to no effect, not just tanks. If you find the mane is obliterating you, I would guess you neither have enough HP and or deflect. Its not like it's piercing dmg. Just this morning I watched a CW turn my 150k mane proc into 30k dmg. If you're not mitigating enough damage......get more damage mitigation.

Further more, when I get owned by a mane, which happens from time to time, I respawn, and change my tactics with that player to help avoid the mane. Spend more time strategizing, less time complaining about it.

So you are ... defending the use of Mane in PvP? You are one of the few people who like it ... I consider it one of the broken items making it not fun.

While it doesn't kill me outright, because I do stack defense and deflect, x4 30k HP mane procs (and it does still multi-proc! I don't know what you've been playing, but not my game), combined with a daily which does 30k+ damage, then it WILL eat into your HP.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • vickvega82#4490 vickvega82 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Yes, I am unequivocally defending the use of mane. I have toons I use it and toons I don't. Its not broken in the least. Its very good if you have built your toon around it, I will give you that, but not broken. As far as game breaking, the Lion still is, and will be, the single most game changing piece of gear for PVP.

As far as multi procs, like I said, I hear SWs still can, but I haven't seen it. FWIW, I spend probably 6+ hours PVPing every day between Domination and BiD. If people are multi proc'ing it on me, they aren't hitting that hard with it. Of course I spend my time in PVPing and not scrolling through logs looking for a reason why I got killed other than the obvious, so I guess I may be missing the mythical 1 shot multiproc
    Limitless is L33t AF
  • slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User

Yes, I am unequivocally defending the use of mane. I have toons I use it and toons I don't. Its not broken in the least. Its very good if you have built your toon around it, I will give you that, but not broken. As far as game breaking, the Lion still is, and will be, the single most game changing piece of gear for PVP.

As far as multi procs, like I said, I hear SWs still can, but I haven't seen it. FWIW, I spend probably 6+ hours PVPing every day between Domination and BiD. If people are multi proc'ing it on me, they aren't hitting that hard with it. Of course I spend my time in PVPing and not scrolling through logs looking for a reason why I got killed other than the obvious, so I guess I may be missing the mythical 1 shot multiproc

Im a CW. Ice Knife multiprocs it. The scenario James (the OP) gave was in our private que 1v1 test. Same everything, Ice Knife procs Manticores bite twice and sometimes 3 times. All other CW dailies are not worth using with Ice Knife. SWs with Chefs ring, Strategist Chest piece, Running soul puppet, shadowclad and mirage weapons literally just chill in the back until they get their daily and it procs 3 times. You say you pvp a lot. You must only play against 5k ilvl people on your platform. TRs especially abuse this. There is no strategy against it except avoiding the person all together while running 0 deflect (yes deflect will proc manitcores bite as well). PvE items should ALL be disabled in pvp. All of them. The only thing you should gain from gear in pvp are stats.

That said there are a few ways to mitigate the damage of Manticores bite from what ive personally done:

My CW with -50%+ DR (Negation takes me up to 80-105% DR depending on what im running) and 50%+ Deflect Chance takes less than 25% hp damage now from Mane with the exception of the TR SOD/BB/Mane combo.

Stealth: if you go stealth then hit someone who used the daily you wont take damage; at least I did not (shadowclad, vanishing pres ring).

Deflect Manticores Bite: place DoTs on opponents who use daily to force both your and their deflect to start triggering. Ive personally (today actually) reflected a TRs manticores bite one shotting the TR with his own bite.

CW Shield: on tab with tests with James shield on tab absorbed about 20% of each proc of the bite. it still does damage however it lowers the damage.

• @vickvega82

So you have been playing PVP for what, 2 months? And seeing as you played PVE at a high level you most likely did not start from bare bones right? You even skipped the Tenacity and perma everything days huh? Did you stick it out with your main or did you make a TR?

I leveled my CW up through PVP and it is all I do and have done for years in this game. I do not play PVE (actually I am going to attempt Chult and mod 14 PVE for a few interesting gear options) but otherwise I only play PVP. Every mod I average 10/1 K/D ratio, in fact last mod was 12/1 and if I am not in solo queue, I am either 1v1ing Sly to make our CW's better or issuing/accepting 1v1 challenges to any player that accepts, that I post on YT.

During this time I have been very selective on my requests for nerfs or the removal of items that I truly believe break or force a chance of competitive PVP back a few steps. And of my 1 or 2 requests, they are always about certain items and not classes or feats that push the community to have to build around them to be competitive.

The Mane of the Manticore is one of these items. Because you have not noticed it multi-proc during your PVP matches does not change what I have seen in my logs or what others have also seen.

Everyone who uses this item does so because it gives them an edge or because they need it to nullify someone else using it.

Do you really want our already limited creative character building sandboxed further and see everyone eventually wearing exactly the same thing?

I don't and I thought the Dev's didnt, hence the removal of Tenacity.

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    @vickvega82

A. is the thread topic valid if the complaint is the item mane of manticore should not be procing more then once ?

B .or is the complaint/ suggestion that the item should not exist at all ?

can you / we agree that the item should only be working / procing once as per its description (and not muti procing with certain power or combos whether known to the person or not ..whether the person keeps a log or not )
    and agree that IF it did it's not ok and should be a focus for complaint/ bug report ?

whether the item should exist at all or is completely balanced is another independent view point

final thought when fighting a mirror match against yourself the version of yourself with the mane wins (whether it procs once or twice )
    the point being here there is no pvp item diversity like the devs wanted when there is simply once choice for best in slot helm ..and or forces you to fight fire with fire and use the same item when devs removed tenacity / built in so all pve items could be mixed and match and be valid same thing with set bonuses belt neck etc now you can mix and match

players can accidentaly unknowingly or deliberately spec into certain feats / combos to take advantage of the unfixed multiprocs of the mane of manticore.... (despite patch note saying it was fixed on Pc) why would the devs put fix / patch notes if they themselves did not know the item was not working as intended and broken ?

see that is what is known as a fact and not a belief that the item feels good and some like it and its not so bad and they have never seen it do xyz ..those are all beliefs which all are entitled to

maybe people should die faster in pvp and be able to kill other players if not so well geared themselves but then they should have more choice and diversity in items then the haves and have nots that can farm it and those that cannnot
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • icexnineicexnine Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    > @vickvega82#4490 said:
    > Yes, I am unequivocally defending the use of mane. I have toons I use it and toons I don't. Its not broken in the least. Its very good if you have built your toon around it, I will give you that, but not broken. As far as game breaking, the Lion still is, and will be, the single most game changing piece of gear for PVP.
    >
    > As far as multi procs, like I said, I hear SWs still can, but I haven't seen it. FWIW, I spend probably 6+ hours PVPing every day between Domination and BiD. If people are multi proc'ing it on me, they aren't hitting that hard with it. Of course I spend my time in PVPing and not scrolling through logs looking for a reason why I got killed other than the obvious, so I guess I may be missing the mythical 1 shot multiproc
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

C'mon m8, just because you don't notice it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There's no way anyone can defend the mane in it's current state on certain classes. Here's is a video of me going through logs after "fighting" an SW with a mane (my log is a mess cause im playing on a prot pally and protector's call is writing binary code):

https://xboxclips.com/Deceiver/30687c8f-8672-436f-8e26-2d41b5afdc75

starting @ 1:07, 5 mane procs
    then @ 1:17, 5 more mane procs
    again @ 2:08, 5 more
    then @ 3:02, 4 procs this time
    then @ 3:45, 3 procs
    lastly @ 3:58, 4 procs again

FOR A TOTAL OF ROUGHLY 26 PROCS.. from one daily in a span of about 15 seconds of combat. And this isn't the only time I've had this happen. I've had 200-300k hp just vanish from me instantly before. Which I think would be acceptable if it was coming from a single proc, but it isn't.
    icexnine said:

> @vickvega82#4490 said:

> Yes, I am unequivocally defending the use of mane. I have toons I use it and toons I don't. Its not broken in the least. Its very good if you have built your toon around it, I will give you that, but not broken. As far as game breaking, the Lion still is, and will be, the single most game changing piece of gear for PVP.

>

> As far as multi procs, like I said, I hear SWs still can, but I haven't seen it. FWIW, I spend probably 6+ hours PVPing every day between Domination and BiD. If people are multi proc'ing it on me, they aren't hitting that hard with it. Of course I spend my time in PVPing and not scrolling through logs looking for a reason why I got killed other than the obvious, so I guess I may be missing the mythical 1 shot multiproc

---------------------------------------------------------------------

C'mon m8, just because you don't notice it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There's no way anyone can defend the mane in it's current state on certain classes. Here's is a video of me going through logs after "fighting" an SW with a mane (my log is a mess cause im playing on a prot pally and protector's call is writing binary code):

https://xboxclips.com/Deceiver/30687c8f-8672-436f-8e26-2d41b5afdc75

starting @ 1:07, 5 mane procs

then @ 1:17, 5 more mane procs

again @ 2:08, 5 more

then @ 3:02, 4 procs this time

then @ 3:45, 3 procs

lastly @ 3:58, 4 procs again

FOR A TOTAL OF ROUGHLY 26 PROCS.. from one daily in a span of about 15 seconds of combat. And this isn't the only time I've had this happen. I've had 200-300k hp just vanish from me instantly before. Which I think would be acceptable if it was coming from a single proc, but it isn't.

Hence my earlier point, it seems as though the guy/girl relies on it for "skill" and removing said "skill" puts him/her right back where they were pvp wise. No one in their right mind defends Mane in pvp unless they need it for "skill."
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User

Hence my earlier point, it seems as though the guy/girl relies on it for "skill" and removing said "skill" puts him/her right back where they were pvp wise. No one in their right mind defends Mane in pvp unless they need it for "skill."

Totally Agree, the only ppl that can defend that broken item are the unskilled one. On SW is something terrible, even on the OP not multiproc so much.

Add that for CW you have the immunity system that will help your CC power to work less and less. Seems that it dont work on HR Trapper, right Lycan? At last this is what i saw toaday. Trapper, full power and ARP, full deflect, perma CC chained , no CC immunity for me and campfire after a little.

What and end...plus, full of new incompetent player that are good only with broken item, but totally lack skills for playing pvp.

I agree with the first post, dev, let us know what you have in mind in the near future, at last i will close once and for all with you game.

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Let's just flat out say no pve items should give their bonuses in pvp.. even under dark items. Unless you want to make pvp items give bonuses in pve as well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

Let's just flat out say no pve items should give their bonuses in pvp.. even under dark items. Unless you want to make pvp items give bonuses in pve as well...

Agreed. Been saying this for awhile. Not sure how difficult that is on their end though
    edited June 2018

OK, this just in from PvP about 10 minutes ago, @vickvega82#4490. Mane of the Manticore still multi-procs.

It procced 10 times, his HP must have been ~340k as each attack did ~170k damage. I mitigated 5 of those by 53% (did ~80k damage), and another 5 of those attacks by 81% (did ~32k damage) - they alternated for some reason. Still it did a combined total of 559k damage (out of a possible 1.7mil damage). LOL.

• icexnineicexnine Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    vordayn said:

OK, this just in from PvP about 10 minutes ago, @vickvega82#4490. Mane of the Manticore still multi-procs.

It procced 10 times, his HP must have been ~340k as each attack did ~170k damage. I mitigated 5 of those by 53% (did ~80k damage), and another 5 of those attacks by 81% (did ~32k damage) - they alternated for some reason. Still it did a combined total of 559k damage (out of a possible 1.7mil damage). LOL.

any idea which daily he used to make it proc 10 times? i've never seen more than 4 on a pally. and most times it doesn't even land or it does negligible damage.
  • vordayn said:

This is pretty much the same thing I see in my logs when Sly hits me with Ice Knife while testing the mane. So far I have experienced multi procs from OP, CW, SW and TR.

By any chance do you have the boon Frozen Reflection? I have been meaning to test all boons to see if they somehow react to the Mane causing it to proc multiple times.

@noworries#8859 @nitocris83 is this WAI? Is there anything else we can do to get your attention or at least a reply?

This is pretty much the same thing I see in my logs when Sly hits me with Ice Knife while testing the mane. So far I have experienced multi procs from OP, CW, SW and TR.

By any chance do you have the boon Frozen Reflection? I have been meaning to test all boons to see if they somehow react to the Mane causing it to proc multiple times.

@noworries#8859 @nitocris83 is this WAI? Is there anything else we can do to get your attention or at least a reply?

No I don't have Frozen Reflection.

I do have Augmented Thayan Bastion though, which you can see seemed to reflect onto the OP which his Binding Oath absorbed multiple times. But I hope they don't nerf the skills as such, but rather this stupid Mane. Sometimes their fixes break more things than it fixes.
  • vordayn said:

No I don't have Frozen Reflection.

I do have Augmented Thayan Bastion though, which you can see seemed to reflect onto the OP which his Binding Oath absorbed multiple times. But I hope they don't nerf the skills as such, but rather this stupid Mane. Sometimes their fixes break more things than it fixes.
    I agree. I'll try testing without Augmented Thayan Bastion because I use that boon also and see if it helps.

At least if we can avoid it, it's something better than nothing.
    edited June 2018
    > @vordayn said:
    > This is pretty much the same thing I see in my logs when Sly hits me with Ice Knife while testing the mane. So far I have experienced multi procs from OP, CW, SW and TR.
    >
    > By any chance do you have the boon Frozen Reflection? I have been meaning to test all boons to see if they somehow react to the Mane causing it to proc multiple times.
    >
    > @noworries#8859 @nitocris83 is this WAI? Is there anything else we can do to get your attention or at least a reply?
    >
    > No I don't have Frozen Reflection.
    >
    > I do have Augmented Thayan Bastion though, which you can see seemed to reflect onto the OP which his Binding Oath absorbed multiple times. But I hope they don't nerf the skills as such, but rather this stupid Mane. Sometimes their fixes break more things than it fixes.

In the final patch notes there's a "fix" to mane and chitters. Is that the same one that failed weeks ago? Or is this their second attempt to fix it?
  • Good spotting.

Mane of the Manticore can no longer multi-proc before its internal cooldown sets in.

Lets see.

In the final patch notes there's a "fix" to mane and chitters. Is that the same one that failed weeks ago? Or is this their second attempt to fix it?

Second attempt to fix it. :/

Despite this, it still will be BiS for some players regardless. What a broken joke.
    > @vordayn said:
    > In the final patch notes there's a "fix" to mane and chitters. Is that the same one that failed weeks ago? Or is this their second attempt to fix it?
    >
    > Second attempt to fix it. :/
    >
    > Despite this, it still will be BiS for some players regardless. What a broken joke.

If it only procs one time I'll take it. When it procs once the cw shield absorbs 20%, and my toons mitigation reduce the remaining amount by quite a bit
    edited June 2018

If it only procs one time I'll take it. When it procs once the cw shield absorbs 20%, and my toons mitigation reduce the remaining amount by quite a bit

I'm still skeptical that it would be fixed. It interacts brokenly with other powers. They said they fixed the multiproccing in the May 16 Patch Notes, but obviously that did not work.

If the fix works, doesn't change the fact that it still retains near BiS helm for many classes, making it one more thing in PvP that the haves attain to become more superior, and the havenots worse off. Does not make PvP any more new-player friendly at all.
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Well, the havenots need to farm... If the multiproc issue is resolved then your only concern is a team all wearing them and coordinating the proc.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    It is time to call it a day for pvp.
    Devs have no intentions to fix this that much is obvious.
    Tr remains broken, items do more damage on procs them the characters wearing them.

Cursed rings still chain cc and the cc system is beyond broken.

It has been a long time comming but making Hr even worse in pvp, not fixing Tr retardness with Everything else has taken it´s toll and as they show absolutly no will to fix anything in pvp but to nerf Temp, knock back from bull(not a bad thing for all but Gfs) it is finally time to leave this to the Trs that can hunt eachother.

Combat system is fun but the incompetence together with the lack of caring from the devs just killed pvp in this game......

> @marnival said:
    > It is time to call it a day for pvp.
    > Devs have no intentions to fix this that much is obvious.
    > Tr remains broken, items do more damage on procs them the characters wearing them.
    >
    > Cursed rings still chain cc and the cc system is beyond broken.
    >
    >
    > It has been a long time comming but making Hr even worse in pvp, not fixing Tr retardness with Everything else has taken it´s toll and as they show absolutly no will to fix anything in pvp but to nerf Temp, knock back from bull(not a bad thing for all but Gfs) it is finally time to leave this to the Trs that can hunt eachother.
    >
    >
    > Combat system is fun but the incompetence together with the lack of caring from the devs just killed pvp in this game......

If TR actually respect mitigation now (and nothing else was altered) they should not be "broken." In fact if you are built correctly SOD should tickle plus it should respect cc immunity and build stacks now. Its been posted curse bringer ring effects no longer work in pvp.

In the patch notes they've made a second attempt at fixing mane and chitters. Unless the patch overall was a fail I'm not seeing where the complaint is coming from.

I'm not on pc so I cannot test any of this though. I will say that if the patch notes are WAI then pvp should be more balanced (not perfect) but closer to balanced.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited June 2018

> @marnival said:

> It is time to call it a day for pvp.

> Devs have no intentions to fix this that much is obvious.

> Tr remains broken, items do more damage on procs them the characters wearing them.

>

> Cursed rings still chain cc and the cc system is beyond broken.

>

>

> It has been a long time comming but making Hr even worse in pvp, not fixing Tr retardness with Everything else has taken it´s toll and as they show absolutly no will to fix anything in pvp but to nerf Temp, knock back from bull(not a bad thing for all but Gfs) it is finally time to leave this to the Trs that can hunt eachother.

>

>

> Combat system is fun but the incompetence together with the lack of caring from the devs just killed pvp in this game......

If TR actually respect mitigation now (and nothing else was altered) they should not be "broken." In fact if you are built correctly SOD should tickle plus it should respect cc immunity and build stacks now. Its been posted curse bringer ring effects no longer work in pvp.

In the patch notes they've made a second attempt at fixing mane and chitters. Unless the patch overall was a fail I'm not seeing where the complaint is coming from.

I'm not on pc so I cannot test any of this though. I will say that if the patch notes are WAI then pvp should be more balanced (not perfect) but closer to balanced.

1 Wrong
    2 Wrong
    3 Wrong
    No clue why you write about this not being on pc it is like you talk about something you heared but not witnessed and have no way of knowing it it is true or not, there is a reason hearsay can not be used in a Court of justice )…….
    > @marnival said:
    > > @marnival said:
    >
    > > It is time to call it a day for pvp.
    >
    > > Devs have no intentions to fix this that much is obvious.
    >
    > > Tr remains broken, items do more damage on procs them the characters wearing them.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Cursed rings still chain cc and the cc system is beyond broken.
    >
    > >
    >
    > >
    >
    > > It has been a long time comming but making Hr even worse in pvp, not fixing Tr retardness with Everything else has taken it´s toll and as they show absolutly no will to fix anything in pvp but to nerf Temp, knock back from bull(not a bad thing for all but Gfs) it is finally time to leave this to the Trs that can hunt eachother.
    >
    > >
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Combat system is fun but the incompetence together with the lack of caring from the devs just killed pvp in this game......
    >
    >
    >
    > If TR actually respect mitigation now (and nothing else was altered) they should not be "broken." In fact if you are built correctly SOD should tickle plus it should respect cc immunity and build stacks now. Its been posted curse bringer ring effects no longer work in pvp.
    >
    >
    >
    > In the patch notes they've made a second attempt at fixing mane and chitters. Unless the patch overall was a fail I'm not seeing where the complaint is coming from.
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm not on pc so I cannot test any of this though. I will say that if the patch notes are WAI then pvp should be more balanced (not perfect) but closer to balanced.
    >
    > 1 Wrong
    > 2 Wrong
    > 3 Wrong
    > No clue why you write about this not being on pc it is like you talk about something you heared but not witnessed and have no way of knowing it it is true or not, there is a reason hearsay can not be used in a Court of justice )…….

1. Yes it is actually in the patch notes that the devs once again tired to patch those helmets. So no, that was not wrong. Learn to read?

2. It's posted elsewhere in the forums that TRs are worse than before aka damage is mitigated.

3. Yours is the only post, complaining about trs still. Other on this forum and another forum have posted the damage has been fixed on trs.

4. Elven + control resist counters CC

I'm guessing you just do not understand pvp and I will leave it at that considering the crying about control without even trying to counter it. Saying they did not try to fix items yet is in the patch notes that the did.

I'll just ignore ignorance aka your posts.

Good day.