test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Eclipse Enchantment

tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
Just few consideration about the new enchantment that will be released in mod 14.

The Eclipse Enchant, unparallel level.

+25% Deflection chance, plus, if your stamina drop below 20% it will refill you stamina bar and there will be no drop of stamina for 6 seconds.

Isn't this a "little" too much on some class , like the already overpowered TR?

Basically, a GodMode ON TR will have almost 100% of deflection chance even when is not in ITC, if correctly build.
The same will happen with an HR.

Add the effect on stamina, permastealth on TR, no drop for 6 second.

Why? Possible that no one of dev has thinked, even for a little, about that?

Opinion?

Comments

• tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    macjae said:

Maybe they'll finally get around to making it so TR Deflection isn't 2 to 2.67 times better than Deflection is for every other class.

Yes, is a possibility, and i will say "FINALLY". Unfortunally, i didn't see any post regarding of a possible modification about the effectivness of the TR deflection.

• ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    couldn't any class reach 100% deflect with it though?
    im actually the gwf carry
  • I would say so however it would require a lot less sacrifice for classes that already over perform in PVP.

couldn't any class reach 100% deflect with it though?

Are you sure? And how many class has a 90% of deflect severity? Even going full tank, like CW, maybe i can reach a good 60%, but dropping all the other stats, going full dex, full silver, equip with everything that will give me deflection, maybe, let's say "maybe" i can got a 60% of def chance.

Add the enchant, 60+25, is 85%, not 100%, but with a severity of 50%, 60 if you use the elixir.

A TR will have 100%, without losing many point in the other stat, 80/90% of deflect severity, still mantaining the all the other stats , and this when they are NOT in Impossible to Catch.
    Like TR you are already in a GODMODE = ON modality, with this your level will be even more broken.

HR too, will have almost 100% of deflection chance, btw, their deflection severity is at last on the same level of the other class.

Is not exatly the same.

I still don't understand how, some of the dev has not thinked about that.
    Like i don't understand why they made a patchnote where they stated that Mane of Manticore was fixed when instead is not ( it still multiporc )

Really

• ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    that may be true but other classes have advantages of their own. honestly I haven't been in pvp much at all since SE/SB/CB was the biggest aggitation when going up against TR but even with ITC and trans neg they were hardly immortal. just dont go trying to 1v1 with them expecting more than a stalemate unless you are also TR or pally, maybe hr.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

that may be true but other classes have advantages of their own. honestly I haven't been in pvp much at all since SE/SB/CB was the biggest aggitation when going up against TR but even with ITC and trans neg they were hardly immortal. just dont go trying to 1v1 with them expecting more than a stalemate unless you are also TR or pally, maybe hr.

Yes they are immortal at higher IL and also at lower IL if they decide to avoid fighting when close to death just dodge hide or itc run of and come back at full health.

Btw:
    just dont go trying to 1v1 with them expecting more than a stalemate unless you are also TR or pally, maybe hr
    says you have indeed been away for a time Hr dies in a matter of seconds being near a Tr only valid Hr that playes in todays Pvp is Archer rest is dead in the water and just meat for just about any other class...
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    The defelction portion of eclipse wont make TR more OP, the stamina will. TRs that need deflection chance, other than ITC, are not the ones to worry about.

But honestly, pretty OP enchant right there lol, let the nonsense begin!
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    People hate on the TR so much, it's hilarious.

So much salt flowing through their veins.
  • itsme#5853 itsme Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Developers do not take PvP into consideration when they make new items. And is why PvP has become so dead from all the broken gear and builds that have been created from the gear.
  • tremeliques#2035 tremeliques Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    next mod sod ll no longer be piercing dmg btw

Wrong read again and come back....
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    marnival said:

Wrong. Read, think what piercing vs non piercing is, and what post-mitigation means then come back again.

Hint: Ask yourself if you have 80% DR and the TR has 0 RI, will it be the same SoD damage vs 80% DR and 80% RI?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @micky1p00 said:
    > next mod sod ll no longer be piercing dmg btw
    >
    > Wrong read again and come back....
    >
    > Wrong. Read, think what piercing vs non piercing is, and what post-mitigation means then come back again.
    >
    > Hint: Ask yourself if you have 80% DR and the TR has 0 RI, will it be the same SoD damage vs 80% DR and 80% RI?

Don't try to explain it to them... some people will always think 1x1 = 1+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited June 2018
    micky1p00 said:

marnival said:

Wrong. Read, think what piercing vs non piercing is, and what post-mitigation means then come back again.

Hint: Ask yourself if you have 80% DR and the TR has 0 RI, will it be the same SoD damage vs 80% DR and 80% RI?
    Shadow of Demise now deals 75% of the damage that triggered it as a 5-second Damage over Time (DoT) effect.
    When Shadow of Demise ends, it now deals 75% of the damage dealt over its duration, increased from 50%. However, this value is now calculated based on mitigated damage, rather than damage before mitigation. As a result, compared to before, Shadow of Demise deals less damage against enemies with high damage reduction, and more damage against enemies with low damage reduction.

Now ask yourself what would damage be with RI enough to overcome defence..
    If you run with 0 RI ( which would make you the only class doing so and rather stupid) that would be a stupid example as non will.
    I is very easy to come up to 120+ RI and not very hard to get 150 RI using SH boon so all in all more a buff then anything else overall with a few exception ....
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    marnival said:

micky1p00 said:

marnival said:

Shadow of Demise now deals 75% of the damage that triggered it as a 5-second Damage over Time (DoT) effect.
    When Shadow of Demise ends, it now deals 75% of the damage dealt over its duration, increased from 50%. However, this value is now calculated based on mitigated damage, rather than damage before mitigation. As a result, compared to before, Shadow of Demise deals less damage against enemies with high damage reduction, and more damage against enemies with low damage reduction.

Now ask yourself what would damage be with RI enough to overcome defence..
    If you run with 0 RI ( which would make you the only class doing so and rather stupid) that would be a stupid example as non will.
    I is very easy to come up to 120+ RI and not very hard to get 150 RI using SH boon so all in all more a buff then anything else overall with a few exception ....
    What are you talking about?

You said that SoD will be piercing, which is incorrect. And the quote itself proves it.

Now you get full damage regardless of RI = piercing.
    Next Mod you will get overall lower damage the lower your RI is as compared to enemy DR.
    Hence -> not piercing.

The procing component will not mitigate a second time, hence the term "piercing" left there, but it does take into account the target mitigation in the source damage and the damage is reduced.

I think you miss something in how per-mitigation and post-mitigation damage is calculated, and rely on tooltips...
    You can see the posts about this on mod 12? or 12.5 preview when the SoD was changed to pre-mitigation..
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Whether or not shadow of demise is balanced in mod 14, it is not piercing damage and nor is shadow of demise the topic of this thread, the eclipse enchantment is.

Whether or not shadow of demise is balanced in mod 14, it is not piercing damage and nor is shadow of demise the topic of this thread, the shadowclad enchantment is.

Sorry thefabricant, but not really, is the new ECLIPSE enchant...
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Whether or not shadow of demise is balanced in mod 14, it is not piercing damage and nor is shadow of demise the topic of this thread, the shadowclad enchantment is.

Sorry thefabricant, but not really, is the new ECLIPSE enchant...
    That was a typo on my part, which should have been kind of obvious...
  • nevian#0931 nevian Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Imagine how powerful the Devs... er I mean the GWF’s and GF’s will be then!
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I'd just like to see the Eclipse enchant on a SW or GWF - sprint for [180% stamina duration] + 6 seconds (what is that, ~15 seconds?). They can run from one node to the other in a blink. :D

LOL. In fact, it'll boost all stamina activity from 100% duration to 180% + 6 seconds. Nevermind the already OP +25% deflection boost ..

So if a TR can roll around 4-5 times in stealth before stamina depletes with the Twilight Adept feat (and each roll is 1 second), they'll be able to roll 15 times in a row every 60 seconds. Haha. And refill their stealth meter. And be immune to attacks. This will be so funny to watch.
    Post edited by vordayn on
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • madmatter#4672 madmatter Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Yeah, I'll be watching while I'm on the ground waiting to respawn:D
  • iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Honestly, I am staying with my elven. The eclipse enchantment looks cool, but TRs don't need deflect to be almost immortal. I have around 30% deflect chance and (since Mod 13) my K/D is something around 1100 kills and 30 deaths. Almost every single death this mod was me killing myself by attacking an OP with mane, or a server not responding moment from when I lived in Thailand with some boooooty internet. A little deflect is nice, but totally not necessary.

The consistent stamina gain from elven is absolutely noticeable (for PvP). Again, Eclipse wouldn't be bad. However, I would rather have more stealth, damage, cool-down reduction, stamina regeneration, and therefore surviving better all the time instead of unlimited stamina for an "oops" moment and some extra deflect.
  • iimrmonkeyii#3625 iimrmonkeyii Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Here is an example of the majority of my deaths...

I'm not complaining tho! I use a Mane of the Manticore too!!!

I wasn't planning on using it. However, after my first few matches playing against it I decided to sell my enchantments and quit PvP in Neverwinter. I re-thought that decision...and decided to join the party instead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBL-xzJD7Yk
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited June 2018

Here is an example of the majority of my deaths...

I'm not complaining tho! I use a Mane of the Manticore too!!!

I wasn't planning on using it. However, after my first few matches playing against it I decided to sell my enchantments and quit PvP in Neverwinter. I re-thought that decision...and decided to join the party instead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBL-xzJD7Yk

I was like you but instead of cw i was playing sw and instead of quiting the game... i made a tr.

#truestory
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• dearanyone32#6862 dearanyone32 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Half of the people crying about TR's are most likely GWF's. This thread isn't about Eclipse enchant, its another salt fueled thread about the Trickster.

This reminds of Call of Duty days and whenever they die by a certain gun they cry to devs and say its overpowered. Im not a TR but find it hilarious people are so salty to lose to them, its always because the TR is "broken" right?
  • slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User

Half of the people crying about TR's are most likely GWF's. This thread isn't about Eclipse enchant, its another salt fueled thread about the Trickster.

This reminds of Call of Duty days and whenever they die by a certain gun they cry to devs and say its overpowered. Im not a TR but find it hilarious people are so salty to lose to them, its always because the TR is "broken" right?

Unmitigated damage that ignores all defenses/mitigation and goes straight to your hp is definitely WAI. How did we all miss the memo? Devs please ignore the trs just give everyone unmitigated damage.
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    HAHA, yeah, return the Combat HR to unmitigated.

The new enchant seems cool, but it's another grab for stats that should have a cap.
    The Legendary Outlaws