test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hamster Rough AD refinement Cap Nerf Hamster

smjester7smjester7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
I finally found the time to check into the rough AD cap some people mentioned to me a week ago, and I am REALLY wondering why this was only announced on the preview server forum, since this COMPLETELY CHANGES HOW THE GAME WORKS!!!

I now have nine days before the release of the this drastic change and have a ton of salvage that I am going to have to burn through or just lose. I am SO TIRED of you changing rules and not announcing anything that is in an easy way to find. I am assuming you are basically telling me too bad, you just wasted all of that time and effort? Is this the continued amount of service you are offering? Why should I ever buy anything from you?

Comments

• smjester7smjester7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    For those of you who didn't see it (like me) I got it by doing a search on A.D, which gave a forum link, which Kreatyve gave this link in: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1239978/official-feedback-thread-astral-diamonds, which is in the preview forums which I don't check very often, if at all.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    it's just the way of the game.. 2 steps forward one step back . lost half of my guild when the leadership changed and then more when the gateway shut down.. for the game to evolve the long game players either take these things in their stride or leave.

Mod 6 .. my first set of epic gear in all slots , cost me a couple of million.
    2 weeks later the new green stuff was 4-5x better stats.
    but hey ,we got much better artifact weapons.
    :neutral:

Mod10-> 11 just got a legendary headsmans axe happening after an insane and demoralising grind and bang some new weapons that were just as good you could grind out in a few weeks.. then Mod 12 comes along and .....

but you know the rest.

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
    Agreed, been playing since mod 6. I'm just tired of not being warned of things unless I spend way more time studying the game than playing it.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    smjester7 said:

Agreed, been playing since mod 6. I'm just tired of not being warned of things unless I spend way more time studying the game than playing it.

How exactly would you like to learn about these things? I mean, I could understand if they just didn't post it, but it's there, it's visible. They aren't going to spoon feed the information to everyone. That's foolish and a waste of time and resources for the most part. There are plenty of dev blogs and stuff like that too.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    I would like announcements about major changes to the game to be in the announcement section. That to me seems to be the logical place to put them.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    But the change isn't ready to go live yet. It is still only on preview.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Yes, but there are going live with it in nine days, and for the many people who hold salvage hoping for a double AD event this likely isn't enough time.

But that's not my issue. My issue is making changes that negatively impact players that the players have to work for to find out. I guess that it's better than when they just closed down the gateway. I don't think this is intentional, but there seems to always be a communication failure. If this were a job, most would complain but just suck it up, but I am just burned out on trying to track down what they are changing for something that is supposed to be for fun.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    smjester7 said:

I now have nine days before the release of the this drastic change and have a ton of salvage that I am going to have to burn through or just lose.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. Do you even understand what the changes are? You're not losing your salvage. In fact, you have alts, you should save your salvage so you can get the bonus invoke AD from them without having to do runs with them. All my alts are loaded with salvage in inventory and bank in preparation for the upcoming change.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    As namelesshero347 said, I don't think you fully understand what this change is. The AD cap is not a "AD cap". It is the daily AD refinement cap. You should not salvage anything from now to June 26 until you can take full advantage of AD bonus.

I don't know how many character you have and how many piece of salvagable you are talking about.
    Let me assume you have 200 pieces of armour. Let me assume you can get 6600 AD + 3300 AD bonus per.
    About 2 million rAD, that will take you 20 days in mod 14 to refine to AD.
    Is waiting for 20 days a really big deal?

I don't know how many character you have. I assume you must have more than 2. Otherwise, mod 14 is better for you than current mod.

Let me assume you have 10 right now. It takes about 6 days to salvage them in the current mod.
    That means you can salvage them all before mod 14 launch.

The new mod only makes you to take longer to convert rAD to AD. You will not lose anything. Since you have been stashing salvageable instead of salvaging them right the way, I don't think you care about time that much.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

How exactly would you like to learn about these things? I mean, I could understand if they just didn't post it, but it's there, it's visible. They aren't going to spoon feed the information to everyone. That's foolish and a waste of time and resources for the most part. There are plenty of dev blogs and stuff like that too.

First we want them to spend a ton of cash announcing it on CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, and full page advert in the NY Times! Well you did ask a silly question. But yes, people who keep in the loop, know about the changes. We also know it won't change anything as they expect. They took away our Foundry AD (my personal rant*) and they replaced invoking for AD with invoking for IOU AD at 50% (or as I call it BAD).

Since the game started they have messed up by placing AD in all the wrong places and making no rewarding AD sinks. Worst of all the auction house runs on AD and not gold. Out of the 3 Cryptic games, Champions and Star Trek auction house function on the gold standard. Too late to change that now. Who knows maybe they will attempt to do that next. I am not here to berate the developers but it is apparent they keep juggling the eggs and dropping some.

*I really don't care all that much about how much or how little AD I can make. If you can't play the game and have fun, that is what you should worry about. I seldom do skirmishes or dungeons, because once you done it a dozen times, it gets to be old hat. This is why I promote playing the Foundry and I am not saying they need to put the AD rewards back to bribe players to return. They do need decent rewards in the chest, besides some 50 RP crud green armor. Why can't I have blue and purple rings or companions items in there? How about salvage items or a good chance at getting an artifact? I even suggested a 4500 AD weekly for the Foundry. First and foremost they need to repair the Foundry. It is very difficult to work on anything in there. Next the database needs to be scrubbed hard, there is a lot bad Foundries that float to the top like a HAMSTER in a punch bowl. I don't mean they are poorly written, they are old "quickies" meant to cheat the achievements.

This 700K RAD cap is nothing that will effect me, I make the majority of my AD buying and selling in the auction house. The AH is straight AD no RAD cap there. My advice when mod 14 hits, look at the contents of the lock box, then check the prices of what people sell in AH. Buy low and sell high. Hey get some VIP and open those lock boxes for me. Meanwhile have fun!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    the OPs complaint is potentially more valid than you're dismissing it as. I assume their intention is to try and max out the 100k/day limit too through play, but if they do that, they would never be able to chip away at the pile of salvage AD they've packed away. If they don't get it all salvaged and refined before then, they're gonna be stuck with 100k a day, regardless of how much overflow they have.

That said, getting to 100k per day in Mod 14 is gonna be much harder after changing the RQ bonus rAD to once/category/account/day. Unless you're really grinding it out, you might not be hitting the cap each day anyway. In that case, the pile of salvage will help fill the gaps for a good while, but will eventually get refined.

To anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1239984/official-feedback-thread-changes-to-random-queues/p1
    Everyone is freaking out over the refining limit, but this is probably going to do as much or more to reduce the amount of rAD being produced.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    smjester7 said:

Yes, but there are going live with it in nine days, and for the many people who hold salvage hoping for a double AD event this likely isn't enough time.

NW PC has *way* too much AD in the system as it is, so to save up salvage hoping for a double AD event is really futile. Very unlikely that will ever happen, at least unless the AD changes in mod 14 have a good effect on pulling down the AD levels.

If you want to play the game well you really need to follow the boards. It is not just upcoming changes, but there are lots of discussions and info on the boards about gameplay too.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    smjester7 said:

I finally found the time to check into the rough AD cap some people mentioned to me a week ago, and I am REALLY wondering why this was only announced on the preview server forum, since this COMPLETELY CHANGES HOW THE GAME WORKS!!!

Actually. No. It doesn't.

It has a significant impact on a small group of people - those who max out the daily 36K refinement limit on 3 or more characters every day. For everyone else, it is pretty much a non-issue - in fact, for many people (myself included) this will actually be an improvement.

As for lack of communication - we do get a chance to try out new things on the Preview server weeks in advance - if you do not follow the announcements there and keep up with new developments, that's your choice.
    Hoping for improvements...