test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Client error cant start the game after patch, help

nightpain88nightpain88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
It says ERROR: Failed to load dbghelp: 126
Line: f:\cjunctions\utilities\crypticerror\harvest.c(543)

Comments

• jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    when the portal is open click on options and "Force verify" this will consoledate the files and should fix the error.
  • thebrownsage84thebrownsage84 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I am getting the same error!

ERROR: Failed to load dbghelp: 126
    Line: f:\cjunctions\src\utilities\crypticerror\harvest.c(543)

It happens everytime I change something in the Launcher "Options" and then hit save.
    I'm trying to uncheck the "On-demand patching" because I want a full patch. Yeah, also tried "Force verify" after clicking on save same error pops out. Pretty much ANY change in "Options" when saving gives that error. :(
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User

I am getting the same error!

ERROR: Failed to load dbghelp: 126

It happens everytime I change something in the Launcher "Options" and then hit save.
    I'm trying to uncheck the "On-demand patching" because I want a full patch. Yeah, also tried "Force verify" after clicking on save same error pops out. Pretty much ANY change in "Options" when saving gives that error. :(

Oh damm have to be a support ticket they would have more insight then i do on what to do next.
    Best of luck
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Please submit a ticket to support if you have not done so. I will also escalate to the game team.
  • nlghtwing41nlghtwing41 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any fix to this? Wanted to play but getting this error as well.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Any fix to this? Wanted to play but getting this error as well.

Checking with the team on this!
  • coorsbeercoorsbeer Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same for me today... ERROR: Failed to load dbghelp: 126

HELP !
  • blank#1327 blank Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i also got this error, trying to replace the dbghelp.dll with one from my system32 folder, but got auto replaced with the one from the neverwinter.exe client, the size of dbghelp in my system32 is 1,688KB, but the one i got from neverwinter.exe client only sized 1,016KB

i know you guys at the development team is already busy with other bug or problem, but i want to ask about the progress of this particular error

sorry if my english is faulty(not my native language) and thanks for your hardwork
  • drakenstrike21drakenstrike21 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I have this error too :/
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for replying, and thanks to @nitocris83 for bringing this thread back onto my radar.

Current status: It appears the "failed to load dbghelp.dll" error is only part of the issue, and it may be hiding the source. We have a potential fix coming in the near future (I don't have an ETA; it's still in test), but once that fix is live, the folks running into this issue will likely get a "real" crash dialog afterward, with the source of the actual error.

Folks *might* be able to work around this by running the launcher with Administrator permissions, but I haven't received confirmation of that yet. There's also a hypothesis that it happens when trying to save options, but I haven't seen enough evidence to be certain; might be worthwhile to try running with default launcher options.
  • nickmonk#0983 nickmonk Member Posts: 1 New User
    I can't download client a week! 10gb pathes download & dowload((( How time I must wait before begin to play?
  • saraleah01saraleah01 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2018

Please submit a ticket to support if you have not done so. I will also escalate to the game team.

ran into this and made ticket as suggeted however "script reading cookie cutter support" decided that the error was caused by a corrupt file from looking at a tracert that had nothing to do with the time, date or location of my installation.

support for anything other than cash problems seems to be a waste of time and a joke.
    terramak said:

Thanks for replying, and thanks to @nitocris83 for bringing this thread back onto my radar.

Current status: It appears the "failed to load dbghelp.dll" error is only part of the issue, and it may be hiding the source. We have a potential fix coming in the near future (I don't have an ETA; it's still in test), but once that fix is live, the folks running into this issue will likely get a "real" crash dialog afterward, with the source of the actual error.

Folks *might* be able to work around this by running the launcher with Administrator permissions, but I haven't received confirmation of that yet. There's also a hypothesis that it happens when trying to save options, but I haven't seen enough evidence to be certain; might be worthwhile to try running with default launcher options.

thank you for this information it makes much more sense to me than what "support ticket" offered.

also since i always run launcher with administrator permissions this is not a valid workaround for me and it does indeed crash when i attempt to "save" anything other than default options eg changing patch on demand to off + save = crash

• terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Just checking, now that it's been a while - is this still an issue for you? If so, is it throwing new crash information when it fails this time (and if so, do you have an error ID I can review)?

Thanks again, btw.
  • drakenstrike21drakenstrike21 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    It's still happening but ERROR: Failed to load dbghelp: 126
    Line: f:\cjunctions\utilities\crypticerror\harvest.c(543) doesn't appear now. It just instantly crash whenever I try to change options on the launcher