test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class changing token - will we see one of them?

Hello everyone,
I have a question about class changing.
Badly remember that at the beginning of the game release with OP appearance, there was "Class changing tokens"
The question is - will we see them again? >:)
(The main reason for such a question in the boring and endless farming for nothing in end-game content?
I mean players usually need a few weeks or a month to get almost everything they want, then everyone supposes to run same dunges and campaign)

p.s. I love this game and make really good friends here, but we are tired and don't want to leave this game! :'(

Comments

• helric9helric9 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    This is the worst idea ever
  • justmarionette#6941 justmarionette Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    > @helric9 said:
    > This is the worst idea ever

Why so?
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Hello everyone,
    Badly remember that at the beginning of the game release with OP appearance, there was "Class changing tokens"
    (The main reason for such a question in the boring and endless farming for nothing in end-game content?
    I mean players usually need a few weeks or a month to get almost everything they want, then everyone supposes to run same dunges and campaign)

p.s. I love this game and make really good friends here, but we are tired and don't want to leave this game! :'(

You remember incorrectly. There have never been class changing tokens and I suspect it is unlikely there ever will.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Hello everyone,

Start a new toon. Don't mail him any "helpful" item. Boredom solved.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Are you thinking of the race reroll token, perhaps?
    Which is pretty expensive, I think. It's a lot cheaper to purchase a pair of character slots and start new classes.
    And it's a lot more fun. You get to play all the beginning content again.
    Guys, thnx for replies but do u really understand what does it mean?
    spend another year to create a toon..
    no way
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    There has never been a "class changing token" nor will there ever be. Due to how the equipment system is in Neverwinter, you would have to get all new gear anyway. If you want to play a different class, your only choice is to make a new character. They added the Patron Token system to save some of the headache of the campaigns. You can send enchants over to the new character. You would just need new gear and more RP for artifacts and whatnot.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Guys, thnx for replies but do u really understand what does it mean?
    spend another year to create a toon..
    no way

Many players, myself included have multiple characters.
    C'mon guys, do you ever try to understand what I'm talking about, no?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited June 2018

We are trying to understand, unless you aren't explaining it very well, with a game like Neverwinter, it's just not possible at all.

Are you talking about respecing? Where you basically reset all your powers and feats and paragon path?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

is not that hard to have multitoons, there are really cheap weapons sets atm like the wootz ones and the armor from hunts can gear an alt in no time,

For some campaing is good to have the Patronage tokens (like Maze Engine) for others like Underdark or Dread Ring i dont think is worth

The hardset part of have more than one toons is Refining your Belt/cape and artifacts, you will spend a lot of RP there and the Enchantments
    but if you plan on abandone one toon, you can just send all your runes and AD to the new toon...
    is not hard to hit 13k on many toons, farming for many runes is the hard part (and top mounts but that i never had)

belive me i have 5 toons
    GWF 14,4k
    GF 13,9k
    CW13.1k
    HR 13,6k
    OP 12.9k

Another option is, to buy Campaing completion tokens for a new toon... (hit 70 can be done in 2 weekends)
    i wouldnt do that because it poil the fun and the "training time" for that class...

PS the new mod will turn even more easy to start a new toon ...
    > @thefiresidecat:
    That's what I'm talking about!
    Yes, it can be done, even if all loot will be erased, it's ok. Lore info, titels, campaigns, boons - thoth are imho eats 70% of all time in game.
    And no, I don't need over 9000 toons with every classes.
    Plus BTW - does any1 really care about lore? Every answer here in which guys try 2 tells me start a new one, I'm pretty sure, no one even knows about why dwarfs cannot be clerics, or why hr mustn't choose his/her God?
    P.s.
    I just need a new lifecycle for my toon (like my wife needs same for her own toon)
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

There has never been a "class changing token" nor will there ever be. Due to how the equipment system is in Neverwinter, you would have to get all new gear anyway. If you want to play a different class, your only choice is to make a new character. They added the Patron Token system to save some of the headache of the campaigns. You can send enchants over to the new character. You would just need new gear and more RP for artifacts and whatnot.

The class change token should happen. The excuse of the gear is not acceptable given that most players can use seals to buy the gear they do need for their class or use non-class specific gear, like hunt gear, to fill in the void of the class specific gear until said player can acquire the gear. The same can be applied to the weapons. It also would be on the player to resolve these issues before changing classes, it should not fall on the devs shoulders to ensure the player has what is needed to switch classes.

I played other games where players can do this and it was always on the player to resolve the gear issue if they changed class, not a dev issue.

Also most of the 480 gear is not class specific and most players are using that gear so there is that as well. The only issue I see is the weapon and the teak weapons are super cheap to purchase and can be a filler until the player can acquire better weapon set.

From a business stand point, there are reason why not to do this and why to do this. The first reason why not to is the lose of revenue from players forgoing building up another character. That loss of revenue will hurt the bottom line. However, not having a class change token also can hurt the game as players who only want to play one character will get bored and leave the game.

Given where the game is today, I think it might be in the company best interest to introduce this product. This is not the first post talking about a class change token. It would be another revenue stream. Another way to ensure this product is used by only a select group of players is limit it to players who have less than X characters on the character screen. So if a player has more than 2 character, this Zen item is not available to them, but the player only has two characters this item is available to them. This way, players who truly only play one or maybe two characters can use this token to swap class to experience more of NWO than what they have as their current class.

These are just my thoughts on this issue and possible solutions so the product can be added to the zen store.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

I'm pretty sure, no one even knows about why dwarfs cannot be clerics...

My dwarven cleric is laughing at this comment.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2018

Hello everyone,

thats what alt toons are for
This discussion has been closed.