test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fatal error Direct3D driver returned

Hello everybody i would like to ask if anybody else is having problems after the ravenloft module came into preview, since i have been getting the following message when trying to access the preview server :Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED) while creating D3D device. Is it just me? Is this because of my GPU? Is that a current bug? I can still access the live server normally.

Comments

• eveszymanskieveszymanski Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    me too
  • gameover#3406 gameover Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    @eveszymanski what kind of graphics are you using? I am currently using an old gt 8800 i used to have because the fans from my new gtx 1060 broke down :/ i kinda think that the old card does not support the Directx that is required (11) propably
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Are you runing in 32bit mode?
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• gilbertojhungilbertojhun Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Its happening to me only on preview server... Live server runs normally.
    Im using x64 directx12
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Not saying it is the problem , But there is a switch in options of the launcher that force 32 bit maybe try that . The x64 is stll a bit buggy
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• gameover#3406 gameover Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    mynaam said:

Not saying it is the problem , But there is a switch in options of the launcher that force 32 bit maybe try that . The x64 is stll a bit buggy

Tried running in 32bit in safe mod basicly everything, normal server runs like always, preview still doesn't
  • ruslan1404#8974 ruslan1404 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Fatal error DXGI_ERROR, Live is work preview doesn't, x32 and x64
  • ruslan1404#8974 ruslan1404 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Moderator fixed image link after rescuing post from spam queue.

Fatal error, Live is work preview doesn't, x32 and x64
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    Please update your video drivers from the manufacturer's site. We updated the video driver detection in the Preview build and we were seeing problems with the Windows 10 installed drivers from Microsoft.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    miasmat said:

Please update your video drivers from the manufacturer's site. We updated the video driver detection in the Preview build and we were seeing problems with the Windows 10 installed drivers from Microsoft.

Specifically for me, when I got the most recent Windows 10 update, it overwrote my nVidia driver with a much older nVidia driver, creating a number of in-game issues. Updating to the latest driver using GeForce Experience resolved the problem for me.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

miasmat said:

Specifically for me, when I got the most recent Windows 10 update, it overwrote my nVidia driver with a much older nVidia driver, creating a number of in-game issues. Updating to the latest driver using GeForce Experience resolved the problem for me.
    I had a similar issue for a couple of months where reinstalling directly from nVidia did not fix it - at the time.

The early May release of nVidia's drivers fixed my issue. It's definitely worth trying again now even if you tried it before unsuccessfully.
  • itsme#5853 itsme Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I have a nVidia 1060 grafix card windows10 and tried all of the above yet preview still crashes. This just started after friday's patch for me and have been on preview many times in the week before. deleted driver reinstalled and updated driver force verify game. and done this multiple times. I just hope whatever is causing the problem does not carry over to live when mod 12 hits. Or it will be the same issues that happened in mod 9. Back then a similar issues was taking place on the test server and instead of fixing the issues before it went live many could not launch the game for the next couple weeks. I knew ahead of time from another player that used a code on the options command bar. So i did not have that problem and sent words to many other that did have problems and it worked for them. I did try that command and had no luck @miasmat think i tried about every potion i can think of even deleted the the nvidia driver 2 times before reinstalled pretty much deadlocked atm
    Post edited by itsme#5853 on
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    On Laptops with a Discrete and Integrated GPU with the graphics drivers installed via windows 10 all games will give this DX3D error.

Just Windows 10 up to its usual tricks.
    > @"ibz4ez#9773" said:
    > On Laptops with a Discrete and Integrated GPU with the graphics drivers installed via windows 10 all games will give this DX3D error.
    >
    > Just Windows 10 up to its usual tricks.

So you think this is a windows problem? Yet i can run and play any other game with no issue. And only have the issue when trying to launch preview server.
    Spent like 3 hours today trying to reinstall my graphics card. I went and deleted every Nvidia file i could find. Reason was a new driver just came out today and thought i would try it. But after delete i had more issues that i care to explain. After running a deep defrag and found a few other bunk files i managed to get the updated driver to load. And can now get on preview. might be what ever update took place on fridays patch needed the new update that just came out for Nvidia today not sure but got it fixed :)