test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PS4 players - do NOT do Tyrant (Omu, tier 3) hunts for now

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
This has been discussed on the PC forum, but as I suppose that many PS4 players do not follow that, a warning here seemed appropriate.

There is a bug that was finally acknowledged on the PC last week. It is almost certainly present on the PS4 as well - but people may not have encountered it yet.

The Tyrant hunt is supposed to drop the Bile Drenched Scale (which you need to restore the Chain of Scales from Rank 5 to rank 6).
The code was supposed to prevent it from dropping if you already had a rank 6 Chain, but due to a slight bug, it will not drop if you already have a Chain that has been upgraded to rank 4 or 5.

What this means is that if you have already restored your Chain to rank 4 or higher, you should NOT waste a Tier 3 lure to summon the Tyrant. You will NOT get the Scale.

If you have not yet upgraded the Chain, you are OK - you can spend the lure and have a chance of the Scale dropping.
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• kalash42#2913 kalash42 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Thx :)
  • kalash42#2913 kalash42 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    When for the fix ? Im waiting i dont want wast my lure :/
  • arwexx#1484 arwexx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Tks !
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    pc is getting a fix that will give a scale to those who have already done the hunt. You will get that fix at some point too...don't worry.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    adinosii said:

This has been discussed on the PC forum, but as I suppose that many PS4 players do not follow that, a warning here seemed appropriate.

There is a bug that was finally acknowledged on the PC last week. It is almost certainly present on the PS4 as well - but people may not have encountered it yet.

The Tyrant hunt is supposed to drop the Bile Drenched Scale (which you need to restore the Chain of Scales from Rank 5 to rank 6).
    The code was supposed to prevent it from dropping if you already had a rank 6 Chain, but due to a slight bug, it will not drop if you already have a Chain that has been upgraded to rank 4 or 5.

What this means is that if you have already restored your Chain to rank 4 or higher, you should NOT waste a Tier 3 lure to summon the Tyrant. You will NOT get the Scale.

If you have not yet upgraded the Chain, you are OK - you can spend the lure and have a chance of the Scale dropping.

I did not have the chain and did two hunts and he did drop the scales for me. I think there is a bug a where he will not drop it at all. Another guildie has down 3 and has not seen the scale yet as well.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Given how this problem was solved on the PC, I have to modify my advice from the original post in this thread.

If you have already don a Tyrant hunt (placed the lure, or been in a party that did the hunt), don't waste any lures to try to get the scale. Once the fix goes live you will get one automatically. (assuming the ps4 gets the same fix as the PC).

If you have never participated in a Tyrant hunt, try do do one before the fix goes live. Even if you do not place the lure, you will be guaranteed to receive a scale.

If you wait to do a Tyrant hunt until after the fix goes live, you will not get a scale for just being in the party - you will only have a chance (and it is not a 100% one) if you place the lure.

So, make sure you have done the hunt before the fix goes live (again, assuming the ps4 gets the same fix as the PC)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    The fix went live yesterday, so closing this up.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.