test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please do something about these legacy Elemental weapons

earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
I am seeing new player after new player refining these to legendary before realising they should of been refining the Chult weapons.

Remember you have made replacing existing refined gear , tedious and extremely painful.. it is nothing like it once was.

Make them equal to or just below the Chult weapons and end this madness before new players get a whiff of how bad it is to upgrade a slot you have already bled thru the hamster feeding stuff into.

please?

would it be so bad and game breaking to have the EE sets at the same value as the lowest Chult weapons which are just below the Ascended sets?
Guild Leader Den of the Misfits

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Chult, Relic and Ascended are the same tier, only difference being the set bonus. Buffing the older sets to that level would be good. Failing that, remove them or add them to a legacy tab like was done with old Trade Bar gear.

Elemental Fire weapons are even worse though, as they are just handed out to fresh 70s (and for finishing Spinward Rise) meaning there isnt even a good chance for someone to steer them away.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the reply, having that fire offhand piece as a reward and the mainhand as the spinward reward was a great thing for quite a few mods and I have fond memories of hunting down that giant crab in drowned shore 100 times for my Pally.. and then there was also Twisted. All good weapons and they enjoyed a long period of being usable to get through early parts of the 1st lvl70 areas you need to clear for the boons.

Now these low grade Chult weapons are available the moment you turn 70 ( if you have enough AD the pilgim set) you can open Chult before you get any of the the early boons, get in a hunt party and get 420iL feet/arms/chest/head armour, it has totally rendered these older items clunky and obsolete.

It really boils down to getting the info, getting into a guild and alliance and finding out about it.

IMO some sort of balance for these old sets or even a bit of a rewrite for that part of elemental evil that awards those elemental fire weapons.

It's a drag to have people constantly join a guild and have to break it to them that the weapons they just poured their heart and soul into are useless and need to be refined for half or less than what was put into them..

It is really demoralising and needlessly painful to inflict that on players that are so new to the game.
    perhaps if just these elemental and twisted weapons got given a slight boost in stats and could give back the total of the RP that was put into them when refined it would make them more viable to use to get to say river district and start working on the ascended set .
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    They could make the free elemental weapon u get at level 70 a greater RP value. Since u get them only once, they could make it so when breaking into RP, u get 100% return of all the RP put in it. That will make it fair for new player to be able to choose the weapon they want as they catch up the game. Or maybe breaking the weapon will give a token which could be traded for other weapon of equal grade like they did it to lostmauth set.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

They could make the free elemental weapon u get at level 70 a greater RP value. Since u get them only once, they could make it so when breaking into RP, u get 100% return of all the RP put in it. That will make it fair for new player to be able to choose the weapon they want as they catch up the game. Or maybe breaking the weapon will give a token which could be traded for other weapon of equal grade like they did it to lostmauth set.

Yeah something like that sounds reasonable.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Make the Fire Set a fashion set (free transmute) and the problem is solved.

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Yea they could likely convert them to weapons transmutes... Regardless I think it's best the Two Weapons are Better than One is updated with new information, and/or recommend players visit the Collections Page for Artifacts &/or Artifact Gear to see what campaigns may offer better options.

Still if you see a fellow adventurer running with older weapons, stop and try to take 30 seconds to advise them, a little friendly advise goes a long way to building a stronger & more active player base... Having more friendly or helpful people in game world will only help improve the game we love.

I'm often telling and advising people I see, while in PE or any map if I inspect them, if I notice them using much lower gear than they could have... some can be very affordable and possible in 1-3 days for their class, like some of the 435 Chultan Artifact Weapons for various classes. :)

Also with Ravenloft everyone I'm sure the Development team will be making some existing announcements with it's release in the coming week or two. :open_mouth:

Still the vast majority (not all) SET bonus for Ravenloft &/or Omu restore or balance offensive with defensive traits, buffs, or attributes for Artifact Cloaks & Belts at least. Even the Serpent Set which is one of the few with an offensive set bonus; also balances the DEX attribute with a CON; for most classes the (except GWF) offers more defensive attributes.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for posting this thread, and @strathkin for mentioning the Chultan Weapons which led me to some other threads. I didn't know they could be purchased so cheaply on the AH.

I'm surprised to read that anyone goes past purple with these. I'm pretty noobish in regards to the weapons, and even I knew to stop at purple with my first C-mote weapon. Purpling them is practically free, but orange...that's another matter entirely.

I feel conflicted though, and I wonder if other players refine these elemental weapons for the same reasons - On the one hand, I've got the AD to buy the Chultan weapons for my characters, but on the other hand, one of the things I enjoy most is earning things for myself. My plan for each character was to grind a c-mote weapon, use it to grind for the Storm King Giant's weapon, then use that to get to Chult. I'm on my own schedule here, and in no hurry to reach new content since I've still got a lot of boons to earn for most of my characters.

Is that a stupid path to take, though?
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2018

I'm surprised to read that anyone goes past purple with these. I'm pretty noobish in regards to the weapons, and even I knew to stop at purple with my first C-mote weapon. Purpling them is practically free, but orange...that's another matter entirely.

Yeah, upgrading to purple is plenty, especially nowadays. Weapons from before Mod 10 didn't unlock that extra enchantment slot until max level, but since then getting to purple is great. Upgrading beyond that is really more of a finishing step than anything else.

I feel conflicted though, and I wonder if other players refine these elemental weapons for the same reasons - On the one hand, I've got the AD to buy the Chultan weapons for my characters, but on the other hand, one of the things I enjoy most is earning things for myself. My plan for each character was to grind a c-mote weapon, use it to grind for the Storm King Giant's weapon, then use that to get to Chult. I'm on my own schedule here, and in no hurry to reach new content since I've still got a lot of boons to earn for most of my characters.

Is that a stupid path to take, though?

I'm an advocate of "there's no wrong way to have fun", but as a practical matter you can really save yourself a lot of work, resources, and potential grief to skip directly to the more recent stuff. Getting the Storm King's Thunder Relic weapons (and upgrading them) is no laughing matter, that is quite a lot of work. River District weapons are much more reasonable to get, but you'll still feel like you earned them. The Chult weapons are pretty cheap and easy, so I get not feeling excited about them. Also, Relic and RD weapons are generally better than the AH Chult weapons. The later Omu sets are even better and are not terribly hard to get, especially with Seals of the Brave coming to Random Queues in the next Mod.

If you do really like the idea of getting each weapon set, which I can appreciate, I might recommend just going for them on one character to get the experience, but going the more direct route for other characters. Myself, I'm a bit of an Achievement hobbyist, but I only chase those down on my main character.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    on the subject of Achievements, there is a RD weapon-related one "The Curator", and after that, "The Ascended" which you get for getting all 4 RD weapon sets to legendary. A bit expensive now after the RP changes.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    adinosii said:

on the subject of Achievements, there is a RD weapon-related one "The Curator", and after that, "The Ascended" which you get for getting all 4 RD weapon sets to legendary. A bit expensive now after the RP changes.

LOL, yeah, about that...

Fortunately, I've developed the discipline to cut my losses and not throw tons of resources down the Achievements hole. I try to ignore most of the gear-related Achievements.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited May 2018

I am seeing new player after new player refining these to legendary before realising they should of been refining the Chult weapons.

Remember you have made replacing existing refined gear , tedious and extremely painful.. it is nothing like it once was.

Make them equal to or just below the Chult weapons and end this madness before new players get a whiff of how bad it is to upgrade a slot you have already bled thru the hamster feeding stuff into.

please?

would it be so bad and game breaking to have the EE sets at the same value as the lowest Chult weapons which are just below the Ascended sets?

I disagree -- I still swear by the Drowned set, and all but one of my characters uses it. When everything is going right you don't need the extra heal, but if you can't self-heal and the wheels start to come off, that 50% heal will save your hide. A recent example would be when some rocket scientist engages the Tyrant HE way too soon, and you have to rush in and tank all those raptors to buy time for other players to arrive -- and as an HR, to boot.

A future example will be when you get jumped alone by a Night Terror. Those things are no joke. They are the deadliest critters I've ever encountered in any open-world zone.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    50% heal from Drowned, eh? No thanks - I'll go for a better wapon and decent Life steal any day. The (much) lower damage from Drowned would just make solo content take too long.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Fixing Legacy weapon sets goes against the 'chase the BIS' spendgrind (spellplague?) process line they have most all end-game players running currently - it's a feature of the distinct marketing strategy being employed. Similarities is like taking a subway at rush hour.
    While many will cry and advocate 'it's all FREE' I'd wager a large percentage of these players have over a million AD in loose change and don't scale to the economy of players even talking about the EE weapon sets.

A classic example is the post above. 'Takes too long' - if you're not running dungeons in less than 5-7 min run times, what use are you? Heaven forbid you take 10 min. Not sure why they waste programming effort on dungeon art detail - most are moving too fast to care/notice.

Fail to see the point in some cases - some complete BIS end game players must be bored almighty because there are simply no more challenges short of selling AD for Zen.