CW changes in mod 13:

12346»

Comments

• Options
    fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    >
    > > Why did Storm Spell get a 30% reduction in damage. SIMPLE....it now crits.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > If SS hits now for 7,500 and you have 100% crit sev it will only hit for 7,500 right now. With SS being able to crit it now will hit for 15000 vs. 7500. That alone with no other changes would have put CW simply above all other classes in damage without a doubt. The devs lowered the base damage to 70% of its prior value and with a crit hit your damage is still higher than it is on live. The bigger issue was how the off hand bonus worked and how it proc and that got fixed ( I don't use it any ways so it will not really impact my damage all that much and I also did not use a lighting as I felt the day of the CW with a Lighting was coming to a close soon).
    >
    > >
    >
    > > MoF vs SS, MoF damage is weak in comparison due to how little the DoT hit. With the changes the devs have made, MoF is now better when compared to the SS for bosses. The changes makes sense since any other MMO game I have played, typically groups want DoT build on bosses and burst build for adds. We now have builds as a CW.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > They just need to remove the word Control from our class and change it to Elemental Wizard. This would make more sense IMO.
    >
    >
    >
    > If you don't think the CW got nerfed pretty hard you haven't been keeping up to date with all the info or just started the game last week.
    >
    >
    >
    > No offence but you saying without the 30% reduction to SS it would have put the CW above all other dps classes is the dumbest thing ive read so far this year. We can't use Lightning, SS procs way less, already average DPS but you think we would have shot to the top? Thats comical.
    >
    > You do realize Storm Spell class feature accounted for a large portion of many CW damage. If the devs did nothing else but give the CW the ability to crit on Storm Spell it would have made the CW the highest DPS class in the game. That is if the devs did nothing to enchantments or the off hand for the CW.
    >
    > Since the devs tweaked the Lighting and the offhand bonus for the CW, many CW are now calling the fix a nerf.
    >
    > I'm never used the Lighting and I did not use that offhand bonus, so for me and my build the ability to land a critical hit with Storm Spell, even with a 30% damage reduction, will be a boost in my damage. My PoV is I'm getting a damage buff.

A fairly decent ammount of our powers can't crit, so no, just making Storm Spell crit wouldn't have made us the highest DPS in game. It blows my mind you can even think that. It would have definitely helped put us in the conversation of one of the best DPS classes though.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

> @mebengalsfan#9264 said:

> > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:

>

> > Why did Storm Spell get a 30% reduction in damage. SIMPLE....it now crits.

>

> >

>

> > If SS hits now for 7,500 and you have 100% crit sev it will only hit for 7,500 right now. With SS being able to crit it now will hit for 15000 vs. 7500. That alone with no other changes would have put CW simply above all other classes in damage without a doubt. The devs lowered the base damage to 70% of its prior value and with a crit hit your damage is still higher than it is on live. The bigger issue was how the off hand bonus worked and how it proc and that got fixed ( I don't use it any ways so it will not really impact my damage all that much and I also did not use a lighting as I felt the day of the CW with a Lighting was coming to a close soon).

>

> >

>

> > MoF vs SS, MoF damage is weak in comparison due to how little the DoT hit. With the changes the devs have made, MoF is now better when compared to the SS for bosses. The changes makes sense since any other MMO game I have played, typically groups want DoT build on bosses and burst build for adds. We now have builds as a CW.

>

> >

>

> > They just need to remove the word Control from our class and change it to Elemental Wizard. This would make more sense IMO.

>

>

>

> If you don't think the CW got nerfed pretty hard you haven't been keeping up to date with all the info or just started the game last week.

>

>

>

> No offence but you saying without the 30% reduction to SS it would have put the CW above all other dps classes is the dumbest thing ive read so far this year. We can't use Lightning, SS procs way less, already average DPS but you think we would have shot to the top? Thats comical.

>

> You do realize Storm Spell class feature accounted for a large portion of many CW damage. If the devs did nothing else but give the CW the ability to crit on Storm Spell it would have made the CW the highest DPS class in the game. That is if the devs did nothing to enchantments or the off hand for the CW.

>

> Since the devs tweaked the Lighting and the offhand bonus for the CW, many CW are now calling the fix a nerf.

>

> I'm never used the Lighting and I did not use that offhand bonus, so for me and my build the ability to land a critical hit with Storm Spell, even with a 30% damage reduction, will be a boost in my damage. My PoV is I'm getting a damage buff.

A fairly decent ammount of our powers can't crit, so no, just making Storm Spell crit wouldn't have made us the highest DPS in game. It blows my mind you can even think that. It would have definitely helped put us in the conversation of one of the best DPS classes though.

Fixes before buffs in our ability damage. The devs seem almost done with the fixes; once those are done they can start to adjust the base damage of the CW abilities or how feats work as needed.

Once all of the fixes are in place it will be easier to fix damage levels. It is called patch work fixing. Like I stated in another post, this type of fixing usually causes more problem and sometimes it is not technical but community due to the hit a class takes in its ability to be a DPS or play a support role. Look at what happened to the SW and TR.

I played a few mmos now to realize that this is just how online games work; it helps generate some revenue as it encourages players to invest into another class or spend money to swap over to the other class.

Also, just because the community states ABC class is weak that is not always the case. I'm just waiting for someone to find the new broken mechanic for the CW to exploit and that soon will become the new meta.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

A fairly decent ammount of our powers can't crit

Storm Spell can Crit as per Module 13, Shatter Strike can Crit/scale with buffs as per Module 13, and Disintegrate/CoI Mastery/Sudden Storm/Steal Time/Icy Terrain/OF/Ice Knife/Smolder could always Crit. Everything else is irrelevant (Abyss and Warped Magics/Creeping Frost) or could never Crit to begin with (Assailant).

If by fairly decent amount, you mean "(x) powers which comprise a large portion of Mod13 CW DPS", then please tell me your secret of how I can get Aura of Courage on my CW without having a OP nearby.

• Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2018

Also, just because the community states ABC class is weak that is not always the case. I'm just waiting for someone to find the new broken mechanic for the CW to exploit and that soon will become the new meta.

That only works for different classes :)

We have to best testers in the game which is a good thing and big respect to them!
    The CW is very balanced. The spells are very well tested by them and they are a great help to find the optimum build.
    The downside is that the "positive" bugs are public and well-known too. Discovered in a short amount of time and the exact nature is talked about.
    Unlike various SWs bugs for years before mod10 etc. Or the imbalancement of HR dots and "procced-by-party" spells in raids, GWFs overall, GFs unreworked Knight's challenge + Griffon's wrath. And maybe its a good thing that only a few TRs on the server are able do the godlike dmg with a well-timed Shadow of Demise on bosses. :)

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    ^ CW is Well Researched.
    CW is not at all well balanced.
    CW is far more balanced than other classes, which gives it an illusion that the class is ok and balanced. At the moment that's not a totally crazy thing to say, so, yes, CW is balanced as long as we talk about general problems in the game in terms of priorities.
    CW suffers from the lack of game mechanic role in the epic dungeons which is why the most debuff CW is the most viable one. This is sublimely forced as best for pt composition, thus wrong.
    The controlling aspect of a CW is lacking immensely in the end-game content. Even in Omu gorillas can't be frozen for more than a moment. Controlling aspect should be equal to both SS and MoF. Neither MoF nor SS use Controlling. Game's meta disregards it by quite a long margin.

This is why you will rarely, if ever, see a SS CW running tong and nearly everyone and their grandma will call for a MoF due to the debuffs.
    MoF also has a much bigger single-target output due to the stacking debuffs, thus making the Disintegrate and Icy Knife two best spells at CWs disposal.

Of course, one can always utilize Many builds for different occasions, which is a good idea as usual.

True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    edited March 2018

That only works for different classes :)

We have to best testers in the game which is a good thing and big respect to them!
    The CW is very balanced. The spells are very well tested by them and they are a great help to find the optimum build.
    The downside is that the "positive" bugs are public and well-known too. Discovered in a short amount of time and the exact nature is talked about.
    Unlike various SWs bugs for years before mod10 etc. Or the imbalancement of HR dots and "procced-by-party" spells in raids, GWFs overall, GFs unreworked Knight's challenge + Griffon's wrath. And maybe its a good thing that only a few TRs on the server are able do the godlike dmg with a well-timed Shadow of Demise on bosses. :)

There is a meta for all classes, including CW, you just have to find it, buggy or not. I mean the old meta, prior to mod 13, used a buggy class feature for the offhand to produce damage. That was part of the meta and now that it is fixed, many will pursue other options.

An example of the current meta is running T9 with an OP Tank, GF DPS, and 2 DCs. The fifth spot can be any class using any build to complete T9. I know because that is the group I use and we take all types of DPS through T9 from lowly 11K all the way up to BiS GWF and HR. The thing is though, the four core players make up quite a bit of the buffing and debuffing and because of this we can take any player through T9. Took a 12K CW, a 11 HR, a !3 SW, a 13K TR, 15K TR, etc... Some perform well above their IL because of the buffs and they know how to play their class. Others, well, I won't go there.

CW will have a meta build once found it will become the go to build for content.

My guess is it will be Oppressor MoF. You will have two setups, adds and bosses.

Adds:

Personals: Chilling Presence & Swath of Destruction
    Encounters: CoI on Tab, IT, FF and Disintegrate
    At-Wills: Chilling Cloud & Scorching Burst
    Dailies: OF and IK

Bosses: Swath of Destruction & Combustive Action
    Encounters: RoE on tab, IT, FF/CS and Disintegrate

The issue with CW is that other classes just out damage us, even if well built. The CW is not horrible DPS, it is a balanced DPS, but it is not a GWF or a HR in the damage department, especially with the changes made in mod 13.

I'm seriously thinking about retiring my 15K CW and getting my HR upgraded to 15K and moving on my CW.
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    "Adds:

Dailies: OF and IK"

Both of those seem very wrong. How are you lightning enemies on fire quickly for the adds? You either need combustive or FtF on tab. For bosses, Chopping your damage down 48% by not using Chilling pres in order to boost team DPS by a few percent also works out poorly
  • Options
    masteroga said:

"Adds:

Dailies: OF and IK"

Both of those seem very wrong. How are you lightning enemies on fire quickly for the adds? You either need combustive or FtF on tab. For bosses, Chopping your damage down 48% by not using Chilling pres in order to boost team DPS by a few percent also works out poorly

It was a guess as I'm on console and mod 13 is not here yet. I'm still using SS for DPS and MoF Renegade as a buff build. I have no made any change over to Oppressor build yet.
  • Options
    ravnazrael1ravnazrael1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    What really bothers me most about the changes is the weapon enchantments. Limiting us and other dps classes to 1 or 2 enchants for DPS is a slap in the face.
  • Options

What really bothers me most about the changes is the weapon enchantments. Limiting us and other dps classes to 1 or 2 enchants for DPS is a slap in the face.

I agree. If you have close to 100% crit sev without any food, potions, etc... the BiS Weapon Enchantment for almost all DPS builds will be the Fey for its 20% damage buff. I have a gut feeling that the 20% buff will be fixed soon and the Fey will become similar to the Lighting, everyone looking to unload the Fey and pick up the next BiS enchantment.

I have a trans Flaming and Terror. I am thinking of picking up a Bronzewood for my buff build and a Dread for my DPS build for my CW and using the Flaming on another character.
  • Options

I agree. If you have close to 100% crit sev without any food, potions, etc... the BiS Weapon Enchantment for almost all DPS builds will be the Fey for its 20% damage buff. I have a gut feeling that the 20% buff will be fixed soon and the Fey will become similar to the Lighting, everyone looking to unload the Fey and pick up the next BiS enchantment.

I have a trans Flaming and Terror. I am thinking of picking up a Bronzewood for my buff build and a Dread for my DPS build for my CW and using the Flaming on another character.
    I have a flaming also its kinda fun to use. Using fey now but who knows what will happen.. It just does not make sense (at least to me)
  • Options
    devilstorm#2972 devilstorm Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    My MOF is still working as well as it did before mod 13 and with the lighting, only changes is pilgrim weapons at leg. ran t9 with 17.8 ss with fey and spec to new mod he got spanked. I have yet to be beaten by ss at my level 16.8. I am at 104% crit and ri at 86.9%. I have a fey and I do less damage with fey still than the lighting which still multi procs. Just wanted to let you guys know. I have a ss load out. fun to play but does not put out the damage of MOF unless running dread legion or something not endgame. Note: I am not a new player and have been in neverwinter sense day 1. Killa Storm Is my wizard.
  • Options

My MOF is still working as well as it did before mod 13 and with the lighting, only changes is pilgrim weapons at leg. ran t9 with 17.8 ss with fey and spec to new mod he got spanked. I have yet to be beaten by ss at my level 16.8. I am at 104% crit and ri at 86.9%. I have a fey and I do less damage with fey still than the lighting which still multi procs. Just wanted to let you guys know. I have a ss load out. fun to play but does not put out the damage of MOF unless running dread legion or something not endgame. Note: I am not a new player and have been in neverwinter sense day 1. Killa Storm Is my wizard.

Awesome, was wondering about lightning. Guessing mof thaum? Glad its working for you.

• Options

Awesome, was wondering about lightning. Guessing mof thaum? Glad its working for you.

You are forgetting something, MoF and SS Opp are a buff DPS build. If you are a Thaum build it does not provide anyone buffs. That is the difference and when you ran with the Opp CW they were giving you 10% more damage. If you ran as a Thaum, you were selfish and did not buff the group and did not make the run quicker by only worrying about where you placed on the scoreboard.

The scoreboard for damage out mean squash in any MMO game. You are in content to beat it as a group and things go quicker if more players buff the group damage up.

I run T9 all the time on my DC and when I see a DPS not willing to buff the group for whatever they can, I leave the group. I do it often as I end up in T9 with three dps that simply care only about where they are on the scoreboard. I typically see this behavior with GWF. Lately, I have seen it with CW and now when I run with CW I will leave when I see a CW that is not offering Chaos Magic or Controlled Momentum.

T9 with me as a solo DC are around 20 minutes when all 3 DPS are offering buffs. Take the same group and have the DPS do zero buffs and those 20 minute runs are now 30+ minutes. Running Opp is far superior to running as a Thaum.

I have six loadouts and none of them are Thaum. No reason to run it.

• Options

You are forgetting something, MoF and SS Opp are a buff DPS build. If you are a Thaum build it does not provide anyone buffs. That is the difference and when you ran with the Opp CW they were giving you 10% more damage. If you ran as a Thaum, you were selfish and did not buff the group and did not make the run quicker by only worrying about where you placed on the scoreboard.

The scoreboard for damage out mean squash in any MMO game. You are in content to beat it as a group and things go quicker if more players buff the group damage up.

I run T9 all the time on my DC and when I see a DPS not willing to buff the group for whatever they can, I leave the group. I do it often as I end up in T9 with three dps that simply care only about where they are on the scoreboard. I typically see this behavior with GWF. Lately, I have seen it with CW and now when I run with CW I will leave when I see a CW that is not offering Chaos Magic or Controlled Momentum.

T9 with me as a solo DC are around 20 minutes when all 3 DPS are offering buffs. Take the same group and have the DPS do zero buffs and those 20 minute runs are now 30+ minutes. Running Opp is far superior to running as a Thaum.

Not sure I agree with you there, not every dps class has a group buff (i think anyway).
    Regardless I was more curious about lightning enchant still using fey myself though.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Not sure I agree with you there, not every dps class has a group buff (i think anyway).
    Regardless I was more curious about lightning enchant still using fey myself though.
    All classes but TR has a group buff.

GWF - BattleFury not great but helpful
    GF - ITF
    CW - Chaos Magic, Control Momentum, RoE, etc...
    SW - Pillar of Power
    DC - BtS, FF, TI, AA, etc...
    OP - Power Sharing, Bane, etc...
    HR - LSS, Thorn Ward, etc...

• Options
    edited May 2018

You do realize that the GWF's Battle Fury for teammates is a 12.5 derped: should be 6.25% buff, right?
    And Controlled Momentum is a 10% buff, right?

If GWF has a comparable, if slightly superior inferior group buff to Oppressor, then how come

SS Opp are a buff DPS build.

but GWF is not considered "buff DPS" build?

(The wheelchair is strong in this one)
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

• Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

You do realize that the GWF's Battle Fury for teammates is a 12.5% buff, right?

If GWF has a comparable, if slightly superior group buff to Oppressor, then how come

Hmm, maybe it's not as well known?
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    vordayn said:

rjc9000 said:

You do realize that the GWF's Battle Fury for teammates is a 12.5% buff, right?

If GWF has a comparable, if slightly superior group buff to Oppressor, then how come

Hmm, maybe it's not as well known?
    Actually, I derped there, the buff is 6.25% for teammates, which isn't as strong as Controlled Momentum.

So GWF isn't necessarily a "buff DPS" type like Fury HB or HRs who use Longstrider's.

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Thanks the gods almighty that TRs are not involved in this, or I would have to write pages and pages about how the overall effectiveness of a group is lower if the main DPS has aspirations to be support.

*Running away screaming before someone thinks that debuff TR is a thing*

• Options
    dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

Thanks the gods almighty that TRs are not involved in this, or I would have to write pages and pages about how the overall effectiveness of a group is lower if the main DPS has aspirations to be support.

LF 18k debuff TR, must have lantern and TRex
  • Options
    dairyzeus said:

micky1p00 said:

LF 18k debuff TR, must have lantern and TRex
    I actually see TR posting as buffers with Lantern and T-Rex. The damage they do is just horrible. Not sure if the players that I ran with that state this just have not figured out to be a TR yet. I have seen some deadly 14K TR melt stuff and I have seen some at 18K that were clearly being carried through content.

As many states, IL means jack if you don't know how to play your class.

I know GWF and TR are primary damage dealers and when I form groups I usually only take 1 of these classes along as additional buffing tends to make runs quicker, even if it is just Controlled Momentum.