test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strange graphics issues

athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
I have been seeing some strange graphic issues and would like to post them here.
For me i am not seeing the green look on the loot bags that drop about 90% of the time, occasionally i see them. This happened after the Siege patch.
Another in my alliance reported: "XiXiXi: yeah, graphics have been a mess today, especially in chult"

please post any other graphics issues here and lets get them solved please.

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    It has been this way each and every time that the Siege event is run. The glow disappears after a certain amount of time, and the only way to get it back is to log out and relog in. Changing characters will sometimes fix it, but not always.

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Yea I can confirm I often notice drops stop glowing, even cooper that drops, isn't the bright gold glow it normally has... Green drops also darker, as are blue & purple; they become a harder to see... You can still see them it's just you got to look a lot more carefully.

@nitocris83

Be nice if they resolved this... but I think I'd rather have them leave it alone, especially if the alternative was to reduce the drop rate of blue vouchers. That would likely UPSET a few more people!

Sadly however I notice my Wayward Wizard often you also stop seeing his white chilling cloud combat powers ,or a few other companions like Will-O-Wisp stop having the White Night Light appear... all you see is the dark purple ember that slightly surrounds the Will-O-Wisp making him almost entirely unseen. At least while the drops aren't glowing...

I first noticed it briefly 1-2 days ago, but then it was only short lived... yet I often notice once you've obtained 10-15 blue vouchers, drops will typically stop glowing for an hour or more. If I didn't know any better there certainly making people pay a lot closer attention to what is dropping...

You just have to look a little more carefully. o:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • boydsto#9967 boydsto Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    If it is related to an issue I posted about awhile ago, or similar (sounds like it) this is something that has been going on for quite awhile, and is possible to have happen anytime, not just during events. I'll include the link to the thread I started if anyone wants to read up and see if it applies to them. While I hope this gets figured out and resolved, at least it doesn't really effect playing, other than taking a little longer to locate some items. :)

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1236011/various-lighting-effects-disappearing-after-random-amounts-of-time
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for letting us know! We've had similar reports that we've looked into so I'll pass on this info to the team for more investigation.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Same thing happens on Xbox. Sometimes it fixes itself and other times I have to exit to dashboard, quit the game and then start the game again.