test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ravenloft Preview Patch Notes: NW.100.20180514a.2 (Updated 5/24)

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
NeverwinterPreview and Lurker patched 2018-05-24 at around 11:00 PDT (18:00 UTC).

Version NW.100.20180514a.2

Content and Environment
General
  • The exit door for the quest, Chultan Treasures, is back.

Combat and Powers
General
  • Hypnotic Gaze: This boon now triggers more consistently from different types of Control powers.
  • Hypnotic Gaze: This boon now provides the appropriate amount of Combat Advantage bonus damage.

Items and Economy
General
  • The Twig Blight companion is now named consistently regardless of location in the UI.
  • The location of the Razorwood companion is now properly stated in Collections.

User Interface
Home Page
  • The "What's New" descriptions for Module 14: Ravenloft have been updated.

Stability, Performance, and Graphics
General
  • Laptops with both integrated and dedicated display adapters should now see better texture quality.
  • Certain beam effects once again properly follow the target.
  • A couple crashes have been addressed.

Previously patched with NW.100.20180514a.1
From 2018-05-17
We won't have patch notes to you tonight, but here are some high-level changes:
  • Various equipment geo / texture fixes and various item icon fixes.
  • Various fixes to logic and flow in Castle Ravenloft, including party wipe handling, and preventing bosses from hitting characters outside the boss arena.
  • Various additions of music and various voice-over implementation. (VO is only in English locale so far.)
  • First pass of localization for Italian and Russian locales, including a large-scale cleanup of existing translations.
    • This shouldn't result in any player-facing changes, but if there's any older content that appears to have a really weird translation, it's worth reporting!
  • Various fixes and improvements to instanced quest logic.
  • The player's camera should no longer get floaty if their Paranoid Delusion uses Duelist's Flurry.
  • A couple crash fixes.
  • Nerfs to the Bat Swarm mount's combat power. (It's probably still good.)
  • Hunts now give some campaign currency, and currency gained from completing the intro quest no longer counts toward the weekly cap.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    @terramak Any AD or economy changes?
  • wirioswirios Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    So the "Yester Hill" Heroïc is still not fix ?
  • silentsniper69xsilentsniper69x Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    @terrmak are we gonna have more community dialog about the AD economy changes that were mentioned in a previous post? Its kind of a big deal and should be discussed with the players of the game
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User

@terrmak are we gonna have more community dialog about the AD economy changes that were mentioned in a previous post? Its kind of a big deal and should be discussed with the players of the game

Devs are on a right way. They don't need to listen whining players. IMHO
  • x3ic#3386 x3ic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    How big is the nerf to the bat swarm? depending on the change it might not be worth getting
  • malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    x3ic#3386 said:

How big is the nerf to the bat swarm? depending on the change it might not be worth getting

I believe I saw a dev in another thread talk about changing the debuff to 5%
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    @terramak @balanced#2849 Please can we have patch notes for class changes?
    Want to see what was changed with Rogue, HR and GF.
    Hunts now give some campaign currency, and currency gained from completing the intro quest no longer counts toward the weekly cap.

This is actually a sound fix. Thank you for this, otherwise slows the campaign by a week.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Can we get patch notes for the main patch some day please?

To be honest, I simply don't care about the new content and won't even try it. There's no need for new content to begin with, what this game needs is fixes and improvements for the content already there.
    Stability, Performance, and Graphics
    General
    Laptops with both integrated and dedicated display adapters should now see better texture quality.
    Certain beam effects once again properly follow the target.
    A couple crashes have been addressed.

Thank you for these changes, originally the graphical issue for laptops with Discrete and integrated graphics was to switch between full-screen and windowed mode, however recently I was unable to correct the bug. So glad it has been addressed and I look forward to renewing my laptop as a platform to play the game from.

Urgent: Companion Bonding Runestones not working

COMPANION_NOT_WORKING
    Urgent: Weapon and Armour Enhancments are also not working in this patch.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Urgent: Weapon and Armour Enhancments are also not working in this patch.

Can confirm. Tried a guild run on Castle Ravenloft, and got severely spanked for our efforts, despite maxing out all our enchants to 14, and all of us in solid endgame gear (16k+ ilevel normally).
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Can confirm both the Bonding and Enchant problems.

However what I came here to say is THANK YOU for the update to Feat and Boon respec! The ability to individually respec them is so much better!
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.

Can confirm both the Bonding and Enchant problems.

However what I came here to say is THANK YOU for the update to Feat and Boon respec! The ability to individually respec them is so much better!

However, with the boons the text still says "Respec All Boons" or something similar as apposed to "Respec Boon Page". This leads people into thinking that the respec token is worth a lot more than Normal. Also, I'd like to see an actual Respec All Boons button somewhere as otherwise you're seriously overpricing the value of the Respec Token on the Zen store.
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    > @dressroba said:
    > can ppl stop crying about the ad change , it's for the best . if you're one of these ppl that's farming random queue none stop with low alts counting on ppl to carry you or you just dc if they don't like the dungeon or skirmish you had this comming .
    > in the end there are alot of other ways to farm ad .
    >
    > one thing i hope for is a better anti bot software this mod and for the next ones to come too .

Its clear you know nothing about the game and are acting on pure salt filled rage because of select players leaving a que.

This change will do nothing to fix the economy. They basically reduced the over level chance of getting the 30k rAD down to 1% and has it done anything to fix the economy? Not in the slightest. Cutting AD feom random ques will do nothing to fix the mastercraft warriors sitting on 50+ mill who could care less about refining AD.
  • dressrobadressroba Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    ppl in my alliance spend about 10-20 m ad each first days in mod 13 to get some rank 5 mastercraft and in the end at best some of them make about 1m ad a day .
    only ppl that will get hurt from the change to random queues are the ones that do nothing but run a million random a day .
    a tong run take 20-30 min and you get about 20 k salvage .... ues now with alot better drop rate and pets and mounts that goes from 30k-500k sometimes .
    from 25 tong and 5 cradle runs i was able to salvage 36K for 8 alts for 5 days not counting the 12 ues i got for 220 k ad each price in ah and also about 1 m ad from pets mounts artifact and even orcus belt ....

you can make at least 40k from 3 randoms q next mod and fill the rest by slavage ........ but ofc you want the ez way .
    too low for tong do like ppl does and farm etos or esot for salvage .
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User

> @dressroba said:

> can ppl stop crying about the ad change , it's for the best . if you're one of these ppl that's farming random queue none stop with low alts counting on ppl to carry you or you just dc if they don't like the dungeon or skirmish you had this comming .

> in the end there are alot of other ways to farm ad .

>

> one thing i hope for is a better anti bot software this mod and for the next ones to come too .

Its clear you know nothing about the game and are acting on pure salt filled rage because of select players leaving a que.

This change will do nothing to fix the economy. They basically reduced the over level chance of getting the 30k rAD down to 1% and has it done anything to fix the economy? Not in the slightest. Cutting AD feom random ques will do nothing to fix the mastercraft warriors sitting on 50+ mill who could care less about refining AD.

The change in chance to obtain 30k RAD from invoking was a fix to the change in how much XP is required to obtain an overflow reward. The amount of XP required went from 1.7 million to 100k. This means we are all receiving overflow rewards about 17 times faster than we were. The chance to get XP overflows had to be changed to match this new system. In essence it was made to be about the same amount of 30k RAD from XP overflows being rewarded as was before the overflow change. So basically there should be no impact on the economy as the XP overflow changes were made too recently to have a substantial effect, so bringing things back in-line to closer to how they were acted as more of a stabilization to the previous paradigm than anything else.

The reduction in amount of RAD that will be able to be converted to AD will eventually have an effect on the economy. It may not happen quickly enough for the average player to notice, but it will happen and it is my humble opinion that it will help in the long run.

and by the way, 50+mil mastercraft warriors? 50 mil is chump change for an established mastercrafter. You should respect the legit mastercrafters for what they've earned, it takes a massive investment and lot of hard work to get to where they are.

Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• helric9helric9 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Still no patch note for class changes ?
This discussion has been closed.