test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] MSP Fireballs by Kabal are Bugged

creeperlp681creeperlp681 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Hello,
I did yesterday 2 or 3 MSP runs and everytime when I was by Kabal the little Fireballs from the Golems dosent work if a player has a chain with a other one, we cant destroy the chain. My Party members had the same problem. The only way to destroy the chain is that one of us must die to break the chain.
someone know if this bug is known?

With regards,
creeperlp681

Comments

• seridkalsenovseridkalsenov Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    i had this problem too.
    i think the ins now is laggy badly but not as bad as fane. still the lag is annoying too.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    eMSP just gave me the same 30-second log out countdown that Cradle does. The last boss was already dead, but I couldn't leave. Was this added just this week and Kabal broke in the process?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    We beat Nostura once this weekend and got returned to the normal world just in time to get instakilled by the laser-flowers. That was special.

Another run, she went straight to the "You've Doomed yourselves" stage at the same she did the first phase change "I grow weary of this" wipe-reset... PuG not a burn group btw.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    The first chain in the quest Trial of Fire and Iron (Kabal weekly) currently has this bug too. Not sure the bug is with the chain or the fireball though, just that the chain cannot be removed by burning and the damage over time will kill the solo player without heals/scrolls.
  • creeperlp681creeperlp681 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1239886/another-msp-bug-by-kabal/p1?new=1
    @terramak both bugs are still in this dungeon and no one can say anything to this?
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    This has been an issue for me regardless of what version of Kabal I'm running ( either the zone quest or MSP ). I think I've been able to break the chain maybe 20% of the times I've tried. I avoid MSP like the plague.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Checking on status of this issue!

Checking on status of this issue!

any news about this?
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I to wish to know if you guys are planning to fix this. It has been 10 days that you said you was checking on the status and have seen no word about it in any patch notes. I did enjoy running this dungeon but now as it is not so much. You guys may not notice but its a bit tough with a bad party to handle kabal when you cant break chains but random ques means you may get msp and I normally wouldnt care but ya its just really frustrating trying to handle the boss when you cant break chains the right way and ya I know logout and back in works but lets be real here the mechanics was put in place to allow us to break them with the fire balls and the fact that isnt working its making me not really enjoy running it at all. So please dev someone tell us when this is getting fixed. I believe alot of us really want to know.
  • award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    I've reported the bug with the fireball/chain a couple times for the zone quest over the last month. I have a video which I couldn't send with the in-game bug report. I also didn't want to post in the forums since I don't know how to black out the chat window in the video.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    This is still an on going issue.
  • shinytepigshinytepig Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    It is also still affecting the console versions as well.
    Maybe I was born with it or maybe I'm a frozen banana.... bad joke, I think so >:D mwahahaha
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Yesterday I was there twice and I confirm, you still can not remove the chains.
    In addition, the last boss often applies several effects at the same time. As a result, after a dozen or so seconds you have 100 stacs and you can not remove them because the boss does not cast the responsible for this skill.
    @nitocris83 any news from the devs? it seems that PC and consoles have same problem. hope it will be fixed qucik :)
    I have to ask is there a fix coming for this issue? last I read checking on the issue on may 7th and then silent. almost 2 months ago and no word on when or if a fix for this is coming and with the new mod release today I didnt read a fix in the patch notes. So is there one coming or should we all look at it like a feature rather then a bug?
    b4t1b4t said:

I have to ask is there a fix coming for this issue? last I read checking on the issue on may 7th and then silent. almost 2 months ago and no word on when or if a fix for this is coming and with the new mod release today I didnt read a fix in the patch notes. So is there one coming or should we all look at it like a feature rather then a bug?

Its been some weeks, it seems we dont get any Informations. We only can hope that we get a fix in the future.
    So after release from Mod14, i can say, that this bug i still in progress. I cant break the chain by kabal and one of my friends has the same Problem in the zone quest. any news if we get an fix there @nitocris83?

So after release from Mod14, i can say, that this bug i still in progress. I cant break the chain by kabal and one of my friends has the same Problem in the zone quest. any news if we get an fix there @nitocris83?

I say the same thing that someone else said to my post. it has only been a few weeks lmao. Truth is I to am waiting on a time frame to a fix for this issue. For me not sure about others but I get msp as my random advanced que and I dont mind doing the dungeon I rather like it but the kabal fight really is an issue if each time you must logout and in just to break a chain. Its just frustrating.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    I reported this bug in the zone quest the other day and one of the mods on here got back to me with this answer:
    Hello @ilithyn,

So, they know and they're working on it but no ETA.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    ilithyn said:

I reported this bug in the zone quest the other day and one of the mods on here got back to me with this answer:
    Hello @ilithyn,

So, they know and they're working on it but no ETA.
    Ty for the information, that are great news for us.
  • seridkalsenovseridkalsenov Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Kabal chain is even broken than before.

This is a Rare occasion. i just did Random advance and got MSP. My team were decent geared random pug, but when we at Kabal part. the chain bug is even worse than before.

currently the way of removing the chain is by re-logging cause it will remove it. but there is a chance now the chain will not remove and will stuck until one of the player sent back to camp-fire.

IDK if this happen to someone here but it just happen to me.
  • zanten#5094 zanten Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am adding a new report to this thread - so that I don't create another one.
    I did go solo in Trial of fire and iron and came to Kabal (ranger hunter). The first thing that I noticed and that was weird is that Kabal stood where he spawned lava. I adapted to that.
    Then, after killing golems, both chain and fire-ball appeared at me. I broke the chain first and then fire-balled Kabal - he remained invulnerable. I defeated myself and tried again - same thing happened, thus I abandoned the quest.

Next time a few days later, I got to Kabal and repeated the same thing all over again. Tried once again with a defeat but THIS TIME I didn't break the chains - as soon as chains and fire-ball were both attached to me, I lead the fire-ball to Kabal and SUDDENLY he wasn't invulnerable anymore (I was stuck with chains until I destroyed Kabal and did receive chain damage).

I hope this helps out in the investigation of the bug.
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    Adding to this bug versus reporting new.

This is in the solo quest version using fire-forged portal stone.

Kabal still appears to get stuck in the middle under the anvil.

Sometimes after clearing the 1st phase of spawns, there is no chain at all or no chain and ball to drag at Kabal, which leaves Kabal permanently invincible with your only option killing yourself and restarting.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    ukspawn said:

Adding to this bug versus reporting new.

This is in the solo quest version using fire-forged portal stone.

Kabal still appears to get stuck in the middle under the anvil.

Sometimes after clearing the 1st phase of spawns, there is no chain at all or no chain and ball to drag at Kabal, which leaves Kabal permanently invincible with your only option killing yourself and restarting.

Thanks for reporting! For future reference, if a thread is over 6 months old it's easier for us to track issues if a new thread is created with a bug :) You can always link back to older threads but due to how Vanilla works, sometimes newer posts aren't as accessible if they are part of an older thread.
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    In-game ticket number #668974