test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Barovia Zone

mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer
Greetings adventurers! This thread is provided for giving feedback and bug reports on all things zone related. Topics Include:

Overall zone navigation
Contacts
zone related quests
Day and night cycles
Critter density and difficulty
Heroic Encounters
The Night Terrors
Traveller's Camps

Formatting Your Feedback. and Bugs.
For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED. if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN . If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: When I searched for a quest objective at night, I could not find any.

Go ahead, click on the chest...
Post edited by mimicking#6533 on

Comments

• pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    On the two merchant HEs (Merchant Misery and Martikov (?) Merchants), neither would progress to the 3rd set of monsters for me. Kill the first 8, then the next 4, then nothing, they just hang waiting for more foes that never come until the timer runs out.

Also, when speaking to Madam Eva for the first time, when she talks about the items you need to find with the card window, her voice kept overlapping, like the lines needed to be delayed a little more.

• bluthbananabluthbanana Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    pterias said:

On the two merchant HEs (Merchant Misery and Martikov (?) Merchants), neither would progress to the 3rd set of monsters for me. Kill the first 8, then the next 4, then nothing, they just hang waiting for more foes that never come until the timer runs out.

Also, when speaking to Madam Eva for the first time, when she talks about the items you need to find with the card window, her voice kept overlapping, like the lines needed to be delayed a little more.

Same for me with Merchant Misery. Went to the forums to report it while staying there and checking back in about eight scarecrows had spawned after a large delay. After killing four of them the other scarecrows vanished and the HE was a success.

Reinforcements on the Hostage! heroic encounter are non-heroic units
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    The Yester Heroic (is it that name? The big one needed for the mission) is bugged. Boss won't appear after the 2 phases (kill zombies and kill druids)
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    the forest landscape is sub par when compared to chult jungle. I think you need to add more terrain to it like gullies and bolders and impassible areas, pits and such. and Lonelywood looks far superior in landscape detail to barovia. please improve.

Also make some random scarey things. Like a mist attack that all but blocks out your sight and get attacked by a bat hoarde or something. There are plenty of vampire movies set in Transylvania to gather ideas from

Perhaps having a roving pack of werewolves HE that moves over the map and you have to stop it from reaching the village... ?
  • misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    One of the small heroics tells you (audio) to kill the bandits or whatever, while the enemies are werewolves

pterias said:

Same here. Before she was finished describing card 3, she started talking about the next step. Good thing I have subtitles on

• mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer
    agilesto said:

The Yester Heroic (is it that name? The big one needed for the mission) is bugged. Boss won't appear after the 2 phases (kill zombies and kill druids)

Thanks for this feedback. Do you remember how many of you were doing the HE at the time?
    Cheers
    M.K.

• mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer

pterias said:

Same here. Before she was finished describing card 3, she started talking about the next step. Good thing I have subtitles on

Thanks- we got this one fixed!
    M.K.

One of the small heroics tells you (audio) to kill the bandits or whatever, while the enemies are werewolves

- Do you happen to remember where you were or which HE it was?
    - Thanks M.K.

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

agilesto said:

Thanks for this feedback. Do you remember how many of you were doing the HE at the time?
    Cheers
    M.K.

I began the first phase solo, were 2 at about 35/50, and were 5 to finish the druid phase.
    As long as I can remember on the bugged one (i did another that succeeded), the Groot ennemy wasn't even on the middle, from the beginning you can tell if it's gonna bug or not.
    edited May 2018

- Do you happen to remember where you were or which HE it was?
    - Thanks M.K.

It was a he on the west side of the map, that's all I can say with any certainty. There were both wolves and werewolves I think. If I run into it again I'll take notes :)

It's The Howling and the speaker says the Barbarian Raiders.

• robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    Greetings. I haven't played on preview in a couple years and wanted to test Ravenloft. I have downloaded the patch to owlbear and copied my current character over. When I go to the map screen, I don't see any new areas. Are there certain requirements for it to pop up or am I missing something? Thanks!
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    robtn said:

Greetings. I haven't played on preview in a couple years and wanted to test Ravenloft. I have downloaded the patch to owlbear and copied my current character over. When I go to the map screen, I don't see any new areas. Are there certain requirements for it to pop up or am I missing something? Thanks!

Go to Lord Neverember at the top of Protector's Enclave to get a quest from him... Forgot the name exactly, but it says to go to a Noble Families Estate outside of PE and has suitable overtones mentioning 'Mists'! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Repeatable quest "Tracking the Beast" is stalled on a "follow the tracks" stage. I've explored every inch of the blue circle on the map, and also explored down every path in the immediate area and nothing seems to trigger the quest to continue.

EDIT: After running around some more I managed to brute force a resolution to the quest by running into every wall in all the passages around the place where I was stuck. The end point is right against a rock wall opposite the clearing the final set of tracks run into. Unfortunately it's not at all clear that the tracks are heading in that direction, instead they appear to be heading left into the next clearing, and to trigger the boss fight I had to walk literally right against the wall. So you might want to expand the area that triggers the werewolf boss to spawn.
    Post edited by dominious12 on
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    robtn said:

You wrote Owlbear, but the preview server is Mimic. Thought I would point that out as that could be your problem (or it could just be a typo).
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User

Repeatable quest "Tracking the Beast" is stalled on a "follow the tracks" stage. I've explored every inch of the blue circle on the map, and also explored down every path in the immediate area and nothing seems to trigger the quest to continue.

is it a day or night quest?
    edited May 2018
    I also noticed during the Yester Hill HE that during the final stage, the... plant things (can't remember the name) that looked to be empowering the boss were very hard to target. AoE attacks seems to hit them fine, but single target attacks (ranged, if it matters) had a very hard time locking on to them. Sometimes I could walk around them and from a certain angle get a target on them, but it was very spotty. It looked like melee classes were able to attack them ok, but my ranged single target attacks had big troubles.

In general though, Yester Hill was pretty neat, I like it. It had a variety of mechanics and your performance during the early phases really impact the last phase. I gotta say too that "Super Groot" is dang tough! Stopping the Twig Blights and then the Druids quickly is very helpful.

Edit: just to add a nitpick, having ran the Curse of Strahd hardback adventure, the Barovia map is driving me nuts!! Everything is in entirely wrong places in relation to each other compared to the original map!! There isn't really anything that can be done about it, but it's kinda driving me "batty"! :smile:
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    BUG: The minor HE "Restless Dead" announces "Defeat the Barbarian Raiders". Looks like they were already defeated and came back for seconds :-)
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    No idea how to make the text red. Anyways, in 2 HEs, which I attempted to solo, it said to kill 16 enemies, but when I was done killing with everything in a 1km radius, it was stuck at 12/16.

No idea how to make the text red. Anyways, in 2 HEs, which I attempted to solo, it said to kill 16 enemies, but when I was done killing with everything in a 1km radius, it was stuck at 12/16.

it's in the first post how to color your text.

• hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    aerthyn said:

BUG: The minor HE "Restless Dead" announces "Defeat the Barbarian Raiders". Looks like they were already defeated and came back for seconds :-)

The "Howling" HE also announces the same thing. Looks like someone did a lot of copy/paste and forgot to change some things. :)

• award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    This is input I've collected over the last couple days. I'm really digging what I've seen so far of this campaign.
    When I turned in "The Hero's Return" quest from Maeve Brightsong (at the exit portal in the garden), Lord Neverember had a woman's voice. I did receive "Unwelcome Guests" before going back to speak to Lord Neverember again.
    Under the Glyphs menu on the "Your Tarokka Deck" window, all have the number before the name except The Bishop. It's listed name first then number. The Bishop-8 of Glyphs

I love that spiders coming down from the tree canopy is the respawn animation! It's creepy knowing they are up there watching with their beady little eyes.
    The zone is well made in my opinion. It looks like a place Ichabod Crane would be running through scared out of his mind.
    Is there a visible timer for the day/night cycle? I tried waiting out the daylight to complete a nighttime quest but got restless.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    There should be an indication around the mini map which indicates the day night cycle.
  • adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    "Cannot get artifact gear or enchantments refined successfully because somebody forgot to make refining wards available. Being stuck with sub-standard gear does make testing Ravencroft more of a chore instead of a joy." - Sir. Dies-a-lot

"Tanked" debuf should include a sporadic hickup or belch sound effect along with the drunk emote.

"Tanked" should last longer or switch to a comedic "Hungover" emote: "Shhh... Not so loud. (Burp!)"

Getting tanked often enough should earn the player "The Town Drunk" as a title.
  • award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    > @noworries#8859 said:
    > There should be an indication around the mini map which indicates the day night cycle.

I noticed the indicature at the top of the mini map but missed the blue/yellow circle that is around the mini map. Haha thanks!
    At the end of the "Mortal Remains" repeatable quest when sealing the mausoleum, it's difficult to get the interact window to pop up. It's very particular and you have to shift around a lot to finally get it up. It's similar to how the Chult boat-based patrol quest launch points were for a while, you had to be positioned just right to interact with the boat to start them.
    Yester Hill HE is bugged sometimes. The boss never activates in the last phase. It isn't laying there during the first phases either. On a normal run, it's there in the center from the beginning and wakes up from time to time, but when it's bugged, it's not there to do that either.
  • adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Igor Companion: Everybody should have his own personal Igor. He spots and flags traps by throwing himself upon them... He pushes you out of the way of an incoming attack and takes the hit... And he knows just how say "Yeth, Mathster!"

I enjoy the voice overs when the zone switches from day to night, and vice versa, however....
    it gets very repetitive after you've heard it a dozen times or more. "I huuuuunggeeeer......" loses its oomph when you
    keep hearing it ad-nauseum.

Suggestion: Mix it up a bit. Have multiple things they can say - both the Vampire Lord and whoever she is that tells you to beware of the night. Wouldn't hurt to have an occasional transition where nothing is said - maybe replace it with some spooky music sequence.

Ran into one of your "night terrors" yesterday. I wasnt really sure if it popped due to my quest, or if it was just a random encounter.

As a 15k HR, I found the critter to be overpowered. Definitely not soloable for a squishy HR, and not something I would recommend keeping in a zone where open world quests are being undertaken. Havent seen anything like this since I played Everquest ages ago - and I hated Everquest. Lose the mob, you're going to have people ranging from 12k up, and we shouldnt have to group up to do simple quests.

This discussion has been closed.