test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There is a problem with the credit card

beodawn1beodawn1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Hey folks,

I know this may be a billing issue and I have contacted customer support via chat and email twice now with no response other than chat saying that I needed to email in because they couldn't help... didn't say why they couldn't help just that they couldn't. According to the contact support page, chat support is able to help with payment and billing issues but I guess they lied... sorry, a bit irritated at this point.

I have been waiting a very long time for email support to respond so I am mostly wondering if this has happened to anyone else and did you get a response, hopefully a good one?

I am trying to buy the 5000 + 300 bonus zen using the same debit card that I have used for years on my account without issues. All the sudden, a few days ago, when trying to buy Zen same as always, I get a message "there is a problem with the credit card". Now ever since, I always get that message and it has been 3 days since I purchased any Zen. At that time, I had spent $200 to get zen (this debit card only has limited funds but it's all for gaming and goofing off as I see fit) ($30 on a different credit card on the 20th). From what I understand there is a $200 spending limit but it's only supposed to last for 48 hours... it has been much longer than that since that last purchase on the 21st.

Basically I am trying to purchase the Knox's adventuring recruitment service while it's on sale for 4,000 zen and I can't do that and they won't tell me why.

I have already spoken to my bank and they have no hold or block on my card and they see no reason that it cannot be used as payment anywhere, so this has to be on Arc's end.

Any ideas what this could be?

If it is the spending limit that is the issue, you would think they would be smart enough to send you an email or give you a proper error message saying that you have reached your spending limit for "so and so" amount of time.

Oh, I have already cleared my browser's cache and history completely and I did try another browser... same error, there is a problem with your card, in both cases.

Comments

• werehobbitwerehobbit Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    having the same prob.for some reason i can only use paypal
  • metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    I am having that same issue with not just one card but 2 of them. Kinda getting ticked about it.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone! I'll pass on this thread to customer support though submitting a ticket is the optimal route. It allows them to better track information to better assist with the issue.
    has anyone got a fix for this yet?
  • beodawn1beodawn1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Hi, sorry for the late answer werehobbit. Yes, it was fixed although it did take almost a full week. In great news though, at least in my book, opened up two more "zen purchase" options right after they fixed this for me. Purchase $100 worth of zen and some much higher amount of zen beyond that that was like $500 worth of zen... both with "bonus" zen for purchasing one of those. Oddly enough, no one ever contacted me from customer support after nitocris83 (thank you by the way nito) sent this to them. I had, as mentioned, already contacted chat support twice and the second agent told me that he forwarded it to billing but I never heard from anyone after that second chat agent and I spoke. I have to wonder if it was really forwarded like he mentioned because after nitocris83 sent it, I got an answer pretty promptly.
    boy this game must not like my moneys .Its doing it again
  • lordnetviperlordnetviper Member Posts: 1 New User
    yah the same thing has happened to me and my wife today on the dragon server it keeps saying there is a prob with the card they must not want money in there pockets
    yep still the same aint putting any more money on this game till fixed.its wierd that it will take paypal which uses the same account

• soozie#3658 soozie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am having the same exact issue. Just started about 3 weeks ago. I had to buy the arc game card for it to work. sucked because its only in $20 increments which doesn't allow bonus zen. I'll contact support to see whats up.