test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD oversupply and random dungeon issues

utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
edited May 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
The growing supply of AD in the economy is a concern for everyone. Can't we:

1) Scale daily random AD rewards by level? Right now, a lvl 15 can earn as much AD from a random skirmish/dungeon as a level 70 (I think this greatly increases abuse)

2) If this was meant to help out new players, give some RP points to replace some of the AD.

3) Or reward them with seals that can be used to purchase actually useful level 70 gear (BtC or BtA)

4) Implement some way to reduce abuse of these daily rewards. Right now, people just speed through 20-50 chars by picking the quickest skirmishes and then afk, bot, or hold down mouse button. Remember AD rewards are the same for all levels.

I imagine this is a horrible experience for someone new to NW. At level 70, they queue a random skirmish and if they get something like Throne, often some player leaves or disconnects and if they manage to get it started, he could be stuck with 1 or more bots, killing all the hulks. When he finishes the run, he thinks he has made a nice amount of AD, when in fact, all the experienced players are making much much more.

Maybe reduce AD rewards/salvage across the board and/or adjust rAD refine back down? Yes, people will complain whenever something is taken away, regardless of the reason, but please don't wait to fix this like past Leadership AD issue.
Post edited by utookmynick on

Comments

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    You cannot get the ToDG skirmish unless you at lvl 70.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2018

You cannot get the ToDG skirmish unless you at lvl 70.

I didn't say you could. By "new player", I don't mean "low level player." I was listing separate issues:

Issue #1 - People can make a ton of lowbie chars for running randoms and some people clearly automate this

Issue #2 - A new player is likely having lots of bad experiences in random s/d, INCLUDING an example situation in Throne WHEN they reach 70.

Is that clearer? Someone new to NW can get to 70 in less than a week, but that doesn't mean he knows all the ins and outs of the game.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    There is only one solution and that solution was suggested when RQ was being developed.
    i.e.

Get rid of RQ. Put back what we had before.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

The growing supply of AD in the economy is a concern for everyone. Can't we:

1) Scale daily random AD rewards by level? Right now, a lvl 15 can earn as much AD from a random skirmish/dungeon as a level 70 (I think this greatly increases abuse)

2) If this was meant to help out new players, give some RP points to replace some of the AD.

3) Or reward them with seals that can be used to purchase actually useful level 70 gear (BtC or BtA)

4) Implement some way to reduce abuse of these daily rewards. Right now, people just speed through 20-50 chars by picking the quickest skirmishes and then afk, bot, or hold down mouse button. Remember AD rewards are the same for all levels.

I imagine this is a horrible experience for someone new to NW. At level 70, they queue a random skirmish and if they get something like Throne, often some player leaves or disconnects and if they manage to get it started, he could be stuck with 1 or more bots, killing all the hulks. When he finishes the run, he thinks he has made a nice amount of AD, when in fact, all the experienced players are making much much more.

Maybe reduce AD rewards/salvage across the board and/or adjust rAD refine back down? Yes, people will complain whenever something is taken away, regardless of the reason, but please don't wait to fix this like past Leadership AD issue.

what you are saying is partially correct and mostly incorrect :
    the correct part is that there is so much AD in the economy it's causing hyper inflation and the second part is about low level charchters because it's not really a problem to levle a charhcter anymore and scaling down AD won't solve this problem what the game really need is more AD sinks for the players who aleready have a lot of AD simply saying there is no incencitive to spend AD in anything after you have maxed out your charchters so people just hoard and save for next modules now while this is not a problem in the short term but in the longrun it can cause some problems i won't suggest any solutions or anything right now as i don't think this is the purpose of this thread but let's say that the ZAX is one of the right steps adapted by neverwinter as it greatly helps reduce hyperinflation
  • abrams121abrams121 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    The AD backlog is because everyone wants their zen for free. Don't limit another players earning potential because waiting for your AD to convert to zen is inconvenient.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > There is only one solution and that solution was suggested when RQ was being developed.
    > i.e.
    >
    > Get rid of RQ. Put back what we had before.

Actually a better solution is to restore RAD to manual queue but leave RQ in for people willing to help fill in, for increased rewards. Everyone wins. People can stick to content that they like and receive the old rewards or do RQ for better rewards. Except the Studio doesn't seem to understand what better rewards are...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    ...and back to having issues with certain queues not popping in a timely manner.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    greywynd said:

...and back to having issues with certain queues not popping in a timely manner.

Oh no, the queues that only a minority of players want to run aren't popping quickly. What ever shall we do?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Refer back to the devs comments on why it was instituted in the first place? Just a thought.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    In an effort to keep things organized, we ask that you please keep your feedback on the upcoming changes in the relevant feedback forums which can be found here. Thank you.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.