test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: New Mounts in M14!

Comments

• metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    so how do we get these mounts? are they claimable from the agent or do i need to open up glorious lockboxes?
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Lockbox for mist and swarm, and Broom comes from the Masquerade of liars event.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    For the legendary mount, I like that you guys are trying some less common stats for the stat bonus. At some point, I'd like to see a combat advantage bonus granting legendary added to the game as well.

I will mention that a lot of players have been wanting to see a 4k lifesteal chance legendary released at some point, there are already several 2k lifesteal chance epic mounts in the game but a noticable lack of a lifesteal chance granting legendary.

The reason there hasn't been one yet I figured had to do with past balance conserns. However, I'm not sure those balance conserns are still relevant considering more lifesteal was later added to the game in other ways. If you want to cater to a wider audience, offering 4k lifesteal chance is likely going to be more popular than 4k lifesteal severity this time around.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

brewald said:

If the design seem to be nice, we need to see the mounts with a rider.
    They can pass from nice to ridiculous

As previously mentioned, you become these mounts.
    arcanjo86 said:

were is the broom mount?

Ask and you shall receive!

Enchanted Broom Mount
    Take flight on a magic broom! Help clean the streets while you're at it!

Are these lockbox mounts or other?

I like the bat swarm mount best out of these 2, both are really cool though.

The Mist Form and Bat Swarm Mounts are both lockbox mounts. The Enchanted Broom Mount is attainable from the Halloween Event.

Are they legendary mounts? What theirs combat and equip power?

The bat one looks really noice.

As it stands, these are the current attributes of the mounts:
    • Bat Swarm Mount: Legendary, +4,000 Life Steal Severity, 140% movement speed. Insignias: Illuminated, Universal, Universal. Combat Power: Summon a swarm of bats which will release you from most control effects while granting you a 10% bonus to damage. Your target will be slowed by 10%, take 10% more damage, cause 10% less damage, have their critical chance reduced by 10%, and have their Action Point Gains reduced by 10% for 10 seconds. Target is debuffed for 5 seconds in PvP.
    • Mist Form Mount: Epic, +2,000 Life Steal Severity, 110% movement speed. Insignias: Crescent, Barbed, Universal
    • Enchanted Broom Mount: Epic, +2,000 Power, 110% movement speed. Insignias: Regal, Illuminated, Enlightened
    NIce now we can have a QuidditchCcup tournament
    edited May 2018
    Here is my take on the combat power for the bat swarm:

This combat power will be the new best in slot choice for PVE.

This combat power could become the second best combat power for PVP, the only thing that might make another mount beat this one is its 5 second duration in PVP. The swift golden lion will remain BIS for PVP but the bat swarm will still be very good.

Even if this mount looked terrible and had no stat bonus at all, people would still buy this mount in masse for the combat power alone.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Where can we acquire these mounts on preview?
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

4k Life Steal Severity, REALLY? :p:p:D

Yes! Right now, it is +4,000 Life Steal Severity.
    Are you sure its Life Steal Severity and not Life Steal Stats? Shouldnt it be Life steal stats? Like 4000 Deflect and not Deflect severity?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• thecourtfool#5656 thecourtfool Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 9 Cryptic Developer

Was in test server last night and a guildie of mine had the Bat Swarm mount. When she dismounted she was invisible.

May I ask if this was when she dismounted or used the flourish (stationary and press spacebar)? If she dismounted and went invisible, then we will look into it. We already know of the flourish one and the fix should be going in next time. Thank you for reporting this!
    edited May 2018

For the legendary mount, I like that you guys are trying some less common stats for the stat bonus. At some point, I'd like to see a combat advantage bonus granting legendary added to the game as well.

About my earlier statement about wanting to see a combat advantage bonus granting legendary at some point, I am aware that the combat advantage bonus stat has severe diminishing returns after 1.2k. Its very difficult to get the stat to pass 10%. If you guys do take my sugestion of releasing a combat advantage legendary mount at some point, you may need to grant the increase to combat advantage damage in a different way than just granting it in stat form.

If I remember right, combat advantage damage enchancements that are not listed in stat form are not subject to the stat's diminishing returns. Examples of these are companions, one of the underdark boons, ect.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • thecourtfool#5656 thecourtfool Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 9 Cryptic Developer

4k Life Steal Severity, REALLY? :p:p:D

Yes! Right now, it is +4,000 Life Steal Severity.
    Are you sure its Life Steal Severity and not Life Steal Stats? Shouldnt it be Life steal stats? Like 4000 Deflect and not Deflect severity?
    It is Life Steal Severity.

Where can we acquire these mounts on preview?

You may only get a mount from a dev if they are online. I will be on during the weekend to give out the mounts to anyone who would like to try them. Other devs will be on to give out mounts at different times, so you can ask them for a mount or two from them when you see them.
    micky1p00 said:

You may only get a mount from a dev if they are online. I will be on during the weekend to give out the mounts to anyone who would like to try them. Other devs will be on to give out mounts at different times, so you can ask them for a mount or two from them when you see them.

I hope to catch someone online, and try them.

And as a side note, IMO, the mounts in the game are really well done, from Tensers, Whirlwinds + Tiefling tail, spores, various felines, pigeons, and even the Snails which I disliked at first (the spiky one) but the animation is very well done so it grew on me.

The flourishes are fun, the animations are good, and they are fun to ride.
    The new mounts looks good too and I hope to try them.
    My Bday is exactly a week after release of M14, so I wanna treat myself to a Bat Swarm primarily because it looks so cool. I'm so happy they're getting more creative with these.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2018

I don't think Life Steal Severity is going to make this the best, even my TR running around in in leather with no attempt to increase life steal is at full health almost all the time. The mount power is very nice, that will make it highly desirable I think. I would rather see another stat, power, recovery, AP gain...it just depends how much you want to set this above and beyond every other mount. As stated above at the time of me writing this, I doubt this would be better enough to me to get me to spend the $150 to change from the tensors disk, or whatever the equivalent currency is, 5-6 million AD on xbox for a disk, 7 million for a Rex...

In PvE the life steal severity doesn't make much sense.

But already I thought of uses it could have in PvP. Depending on what the % return for points is in life steal severity, you are looking at a minimum of a 10% increase in severity (400:1), added with bonuses from boons, you could get a 20% increase. With healing depression of 50%, this 20% increase is significant. Plus all the mount bonuses, as mentioned above, is the definition of power creep: T-rex debuff, a damage % increase BETTER than Tensers (we know that flat damage multipliers are better than equivalent % power increases), Oghma's Token with superior single target Tactitions/Vanguard/Defender's banner effects and Critical chance reduction. Holy HAMSTER! Oghma's is already one of the more useful artifacts in PvP, but likewise near useless in PvE.

This mount is actually very impressive to me, as I do not have a Tyrannosaurus mount yet (hence it's applicability in PvE as a debuffer) and will probably be for a few others, looking to increase variety of builds in PvP. In short, I will be saving for one.

Plus, it looks friggin awesome!
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • vorena#3664 vorena Member Posts: 36 Arc User

May I ask if this was when she dismounted or used the flourish (stationary and press spacebar)? If she dismounted and went invisible, then we will look into it. We already know of the flourish one and the fix should be going in next time. Thank you for reporting this!

Just double checked and it was the flourish. I thought she had said she was dismounted. My bad.

• nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Will there be an epic version of the bat mount?
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
    nl54#3191 said:

Will there be an epic version of the bat mount?

The mist mount is the epic version of the bat swarm.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I absolutely love the stats of the bat swarm mount, but I am wondering...

If it stacks, I can see BiS groups want to use their swarms coordinated, for a 50% buff and debuff, even if it is only for 10 seconds.
    Hoping for improvements...
    adinosii said:

I absolutely love the stats of the bat swarm mount, but I am wondering...

If it stacks, I can see BiS groups want to use their swarms coordinated, for a 50% buff and debuff, even if it is only for 10 seconds.

You mean, exactly what we can already do with the Rex?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Bat Swarm combat power will become BiS for everyone. I mean who doesn't want a 10% damage boost while also debuffing the target by 10% and the target is slowed and does less damage.

I can now see LFG: hosting CR looking for DPS, tank and DCs with Bat Swarm.

Bat Swarm combat power will become BiS for everyone. I mean who doesn't want a 10% damage boost while also debuffing the target by 10% and the target is slowed and does less damage.

I can now see LFG: hosting CR looking for DPS, tank and DCs with Bat Swarm.

Doubt it, people had a similar outlook on Rex, and I don't see people looking for it, ever.

Given the feedback on the Bat Swarm power here and on other forums/sites. We are going to look into removing the 10% damage boost to yourself and leave all of the debuffs in place.

We certainly want the power to be a good choice for players but not the be all end all power that everyone feels they must have.

Well there goes my plan to actually buy that mount. It looks cool, sure, and I'd LOVE to change from my super clunky tenser, but since there's literally nothing better for me as a DPS (current swarm aside), and since you're nerfing it...
    I mean, I haven't changed my mount in a looooong while, and it seems I'll stick with my tenser for now, but I haven't changed my waist either and you don't seem to be planning on making smth better than Orcus set... oh well. Less things to look forward to.
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User

Given the feedback on the Bat Swarm power here and on other forums/sites. We are going to look into removing the 10% damage boost to yourself and leave all of the debuffs in place.

We certainly want the power to be a good choice for players but not the be all end all power that everyone feels they must have.

Well, there's the rub. Now people aren't going to want it if it has no advantage over the other legendary mounts. Most people don't care about the passive life steal severity. Nobody in their right mind is gonna pay 10 mill ad or open hundreds of lockboxes for what amounts to a fashion item.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

I, for one, thank you for removing the temptation to spend my money/Zen/AD/whateverittakestogetit on this mount.
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Well, i thank you all for not wanting to get this.

This will probably save me a million ADs or two, in the weeks after this goes live, because i am going to get one. My second main needs a leggendary mount, the combat power is very good and it looks awesome.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User

Well, i thank you all for not wanting to get this.

This will probably save me a million ADs or two, in the weeks after this goes live, because i am going to get one. My second main needs a leggendary mount, the combat power is very good and it looks awesome.

I am going to be all over that Mist form mount, however.....
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    > @noworries#8859 said:
    > Given the feedback on the Bat Swarm power here and on other forums/sites. We are going to look into removing the 10% damage boost to yourself and leave all of the debuffs in place.
    >
    > We certainly want the power to be a good choice for players but not the be all end all power that everyone feels they must have.

@noworries#8859

Even if you remove the 10% damage buff and with that reduced duration vs players, it will still be one of the most toxic things ever getting into pvp, when I saw someone talking about I thought it was a very, very bad joke.

You guys already know that for example drains caused a lot of balance issues in pvp and dedicated players complained about them for entire modules, so, why giving a mount the ability to further mess pvpers up? Pvp is already a total mess with the items that already exist and that mount power will only worsen that big time.

Simply put, that mount is obscenely overpowered and an incredibly cancerous thing to get into pvp.

To keep it as something BiS for pve players that happen to be damage dealers (so this mount is something they look forward to in mod 14) and something of interest for pvpers without making that game mode more of a mess, I suggest you keep the 10% personal damage bonus and either remove everything else or perhaps make the player move 10% faster but that's it, in all seriousness, giving more benefits than that is beyond a joke from a balance perspective.
This discussion has been closed.