test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you happy about the Upcoming release of Ravenloft as the next Module?

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
If you have seen the news about its announcement and release date. Its coming soon so how do you feel about it and you excited? What do you want to see added with it?
Comment below share your thoughts!

Comments

• c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I may be overreacting, I hope I haven't seen all the changes, or at least less than 50%, but it felt pretty empty.

I liked the theme tho
  • lunari#8880 lunari Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I was loving the idea of the new mod with new features, but the moment I read about the AD refinement being account wide had really pissed me off. Who in the world thought that was a good idea? Its like they seriously don't care about the people who actually spent money to get alts so we can utilize the refinement cap per character. I can see this not being a problem to people with few alts or just one character, but those with multiple ones who actually spend time and money on? This will decrease play time for those who can reach to 100k daily cap and then what? Upgrading to what is needed to reach end content is hard enough and now limiting the refinement?

I loved this game and was happy to support it by purchasing keys, buying vip, mounts, companions etc. If they go on with this change I will seal up my purse and never again spend another dollar. I left a game before I loved and supported because of decisions that led players go. This game is turning to be like that too...which was my nightmare...

Devs please rethink this decision! Stop being lazy and make new things for the Zen Market and AD shops so we can spend AD or RL money! I am so certain you will lose many players. Especially who played hours upon hours to keep your game live.

You know that new invite a friend feature? I would love to do it and tell them its a great game, but then I will also say its not worth spending money on either. So again! Rethink this decision!
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I don't know what is in the mod, but I am psyched. Ravenloft was my favorite module back in the paper and pencil days.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Content is fine, but with every passing update they are making the game less fun to play and messing with people who play the game the right way while having absolutely zero effect on those who don't.

The game is completely stale, needs new classes and/or races and/or feat paths to shake it up, not "balancing" which only succeeds in completely killing off playstyles people like.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    All I have to say is, .... It is about time!
    Thank you!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Another nerf mod :(

With the AD refining nerf I suspect I'll only play every 2 days now. No point playing daily if I can't refine my AD.

Major nerf to AD with running randoms. You can only get full rewards once per day in random queues. Maybe I'll never reach my 100K ad cap with the random queue AD nerf.

My alts and now completely useless. I can't farm AD on them by running 3 mans, I can't store salvage and refine the HAMSTER out of it when events are coming up.

I'm yet to see a real positive trade off for the nerfs either.

Let me tell ya, I'm not going to spend a single diamond until I see how bad of a disaster this is.
    Post edited by reg1981 on
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    Well I'm not to happy about the nerf to ad gain. I don't really care about it like others do. Anyways I'm going to try it out. Hope it has a roleplaying place like the mask.
    Where is the news link to this "AD nerf"? Because I am not seeing anything on the announcement page? If you have a source, give us a link, But I don't generally waltz into a room and tell everyone the punch is poisoned without some facts. Please share your source.
    wb-cenders.gif
    Off the topic:
    Thanks for the link. But what I read, this is not related to the Ravenloft mod but the "random dungeon ques". Something irrelevant to this thread as the title is about Ravenloft. I am not that concerned about the AD in Dungeon ques and Skirmish, as I don't run them daily, there is no fun in doing that. I do have 8 characters and this 100K AD account cap won't change the way I play and have fun. Thanks again for the link, I will post my opinions (if any) on that topic there.

Now let's resume the awesome talk about VAMPIRES!! Yes!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Off the topic:
    Thanks for the link. But what I read, this is not related to the Ravenloft mod but the "random dungeon ques". Something irrelevant to this thread as the title is about Ravenloft. I am not that concerned about the AD in Dungeon ques and Skirmish, as I don't run them daily, there is no fun in doing that. I do have 8 characters and this 100K AD account cap won't change the way I play and have fun. Thanks again for the link, I will post my opinions (if any) on that topic there.

Now let's resume the awesome talk about VAMPIRES!! Yes!

And zombies! And werewolves! Oh my!
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Well, it could have been interesting for me, if they had come up with a Werewolf and Vampire class to play in this new module... i mean we're sitting on the same classes for a long time now, and this could have been the perfect module to bring something really fresh to NWO.
    Let's be honest here, the class balance won't be perfect for several reasons probably forever, there will allways be something to buff and/or nerf at the end of the day, so that shouldn't be given as reason for not releasing a new class within a foreseeable timeframe into the game.

I really hope the content of the new module isn't "gated" behind another increased IL wall, and/or that content in the old modules will be adjusted when (or a little before) new modules are being released, so that players can catch up a bit faster and get ready for the new content in time.

About the other changes... there's a whole nearly 3 years old thread in the
    https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/categories/player-feedback-pc
    section, which the Devs should focus on before they start changing something else.

Last but not least, when will the Arc quests return to the Arc game launcher?
    Or when will we be able to exchange the remaining Arc points into something usefull?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    i read through the feedback threads, but will basically wait for launch to have a look for myself.
    i hope there will still be ways to gain campaign currencies without endlessly repeating quests, as was very nicely done in mod 13 (currency dropping from mobs after empowering shrines, eku and makos quests dropping as well and giving chances to well usable rings/gear).
    yes, i'm also looking forward to a new class in a later module! :)
    ilmenira said:

i read through the feedback threads, but will basically wait for launch to have a look for myself.
    i hope there will still be ways to gain campaign currencies without endlessly repeating quests, as was very nicely done in mod 13 (currency dropping from mobs after empowering shrines, eku and makos quests dropping as well and giving chances to well usable rings/gear).
    yes, i'm also looking forward to a new class in a later module! :)

Why wait? Got Facebook? Click my siggy and see the screenshots now! <3

wb-cenders.gif
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I'm not bothered by the 100K AD limit...sure there are days when I refine more...but more days when I refine less so it doesn't affect me.

Overall, it looks like a pretty good mod.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • shinytepigshinytepig Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    It looks good so far, a few things can be added and/or changed.
    Normal and Master version of the new dungeon (Castle Ravenloft), normal is a levelling dungeon and Master is the version that is basically the tier above t9g.
    More stuff added to wonderous bazaar, I mean, they did add a new fashion bag in Mod 13, why not have fashion (and maybe transmutes) in it. maybe also some boosters for stuff in general (like a 1.5x boost for gold or glory, maybe even with events they a have 1.5x boost to some of the drops, idk.).
    More Minsc & Boo please.
    Seeing more backstory for the main villain(s)?

idk. i'm just trying to think what Cryptic could add so mod 14 will be much better than SKT, RD and Chult (and Omu).
    again, I think I am very excited for the new mod.
    Maybe I was born with it or maybe I'm a frozen banana.... bad joke, I think so >:D mwahahaha
  • mephystophelesmephystopheles Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    WooHoo another boring brainless questless hunts farming.
    Ingame Strahd is ugly.
    The intro castle is the realm of lag as you step in the fortress.
    Barovia “town” is like the HAMSTER village at the end of the world, 10 houses, no interior, where are Bildrath’s shop and the “Blood on vines” tavern ? All NPC are waiting outside like HAMSTER.
    The originalk Fortunes of Ravenloft card is a 32 card deck, why put 54 cards unless to introduce more farming.

Another best of D&D game part ruined by Cryptic, let's hope the Hickmans never fall on this.

Please bring in real D&D fan in the command of the sinking ship, maybe they can save it until it's too late (And stop with undeads).

PS : Seriously, an encounter with the Master in front of Barovia's gates, the best way to spoil the fun (again).
    Post edited by mephystopheles on
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I'm happy for an all new zone with new monsters.

I think the art and level designers did really well with Chult and Omu. I am looking forward to see how they implement Ravenloft.

Waiting on further official announcements (Level bump, new class/race, vampirism, prestige class?) before I get really excited.
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    -about new mod-
    Uuuhhh, I dooon't like Ravenloft...
    I think new "dark hunt" will be nice.
    And we need pile trophies now, not have space in bag to much trophies.

New Vampire race would be nice too. I don't know what expect.

-about AD-
    It not change to me, Im only refine 60k ~ 80k each day with my 3 toons.
    But for army player, Ravenloft will be true "dark nightmare".
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    Well vampire cosmetic look would be nice.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Well, they're going to introduce a mist and a bats form as mount...

Personally i'd like to see a few different crossbow mainhand weapons for Hunter Ranger to fit the theme here.
    And since we allready have a Werewolf companion, it would be nice to get at least a Vampire companion too.

And i really hope, they're going to give us a whole list of QoL improvements we've been waiting for a long time now with that module. Not to mention, it would be nice to see some improvements being brought to ViP as well.

Just realised, it might be an good idea to get a few of those Undead Slayer Rings from the AH before the new module is being released...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    I don't think we will get a new class anytime soon because of the cost of the work load making one. But it would have been nice for Vampire Hunter to a new class. It would be close to HR because they would have a crossbow and dual wield wooden stakes. A nice European duster for the coat and the skill set should include some cleric as well. I would have the special move be something like a long sprint less speedy than the GWF. Would of been nice, but isn't in the Tarrot Cards. lol

I found a youtube video "Ravenloft Introductory Story Playthrough" so I will be putting the spoiler tag on this one.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    NO, but I like some of the non-Ravenloft changes.
  • wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Having done the original Ravenloft L1-10 back in the pen-n-paper days, it is nice for the devs to finish what had been announced some time ago. I like the deck for the standard card deck size including the pair of Jokers. pens the door for a little dark humor akin to taro cards.