test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storm Spell + Companion Bugs

The fire Archon companion, whilst in Chult and Omu, (Very rarely anywhere else) seems to disappear and not provide bonuses whilst still on the companion screen stating it's summoned. This could be related to a bug with the Earthtreaders that constantly put the player in and out of combat spawning a large number of the buff circles, however going onto my GWF without the Earthreaders to do some KoS I noted that often the companion would disappear commonly when resurrected using the Scrolls of Mass Life.

Storm spell
Here's a summary of every changed made to storm spell since Omu just to get you up to speed.
  • Storm Spell should now match the players crit when used with Icy Terrain #Yup that's what I read. They also said "and with some powers." So I assume since it was stated rather vaguely it meant that if you had 100% crit chance, then whenever you used Icy Terrain each tick has a 100% chance to proc Storm Spell... I think...
  • Now with the artifact power Storm spell gains 5% chance to proc per level, e.g. + 20% (to 50% at 4 ranks) #Unless this means scaling with damage, but this power says it increases the proc chance not the damage so I dunno what this is on about otherwise.
  • can now crit also??? (Storm Spell) #So the spell that does sometimes deals damage when you crit (somewhere between 30%-50% of the time) can also crit... does this crit cause more storm spells? At 50% chance to proc this sounds like you could have chained storm spells off from one crit if you had 100% crit chance on your character.
  • Storm Spell's Artifact Off-hand bonus has been adjusted so that it properly has its own 5% chance to proc Storm Spell. (4 lines down from the one that says it procs now 50% of the time) #So it now does or does not scale with the rank of storm spell... and therefore procs 35% of the time?
  • Storm Spell: Damage from this effect has been reduced by about 30%. #Does that include the damage it does when it crits? Also what do you mean about 30%? Is there a damage quota for the CW that had to be obtained specifically and so you had to reduce spell storm's damage by exactly 28.9572459687% in order to achieve that? Or does this have something to do with the number of times it can crit... specifics please.
  • Control Wizard: Storm Spell now procs more consistently at the stated rate. #I'm done. I'm so done. Just.... *leaves*

PLEASE PLEASE, for the love of God clarify what any of these changes actually mean!!!!!! (With storm spell). I'm beyond confused by the nonsensical patch notes here.

Also Fire Archon fails to provide it's buffs if it isn't within a certain range of your character + also applies diminishing buffs based on how close or far away from you it is.
Tagged:

Comments

• ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    ***Update***

After update e14 with the patch notes saying some fix was made to the thunderhead enchantment.

Yeah no it's still broken. Internal cooldown is negated by some SW vs OP mechanics and it is clear from the blinding animations that the thunderhead still procs many times per second.