test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rare hunt drops

asa#5821 asa Member Posts: 16 Arc User
Wow 3hours of killing mobs so rare creatures would appear , they appeared but they weren't dropping anything , out of approx. 20 different sets of these rare creatures I received but 2 drops ... the only good drops are the bones from Orcs or are they Ogres ? anyway and trex ... the rest are a very time consuming feat ... very mind bending game play , when you set a rotation to kill mobs over and over and are rewarded with NO drops . Dungeons are the same , rewards are rather bogus , everytime ARC increases the drop rate they NERF it days later , IDK the game is becoming more tedious and a whole lot less enjoyable as its suppose to be . I've about reached that point where NW will be hindsight , the enjoyment has just become a Job like licking envelopes 8 hrs aday . Well we'll see from here . UNDECIDED!

Comments

• Options
    dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Low drop rates are how the Devs create replayability for this game.
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • Options
    warchild369#9998 warchild369 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Low drop rates are how they con you! Never amazes me how people get offended when someone says anything. If they fixed anything, anything at all it would be an improvement. Instead we get fashion bags....they say it's based on d&d....loosely.
  • Options
    toriofthehordetoriofthehorde Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Well I don't feel like waisting my time. I spent over 2 hours farming in Omu and walked away with 1 paw..how about no thank you. I'm honestly tired of playing a game where I am not being rewarded barely at all. I do value my time. I'm feeling frustrated. T9s where you get a blue insignia off a boss...wow..i just busted my can helping ppl get through this dungeon..and that's my reward. It's slowly getting worse. Come on Devs, something has to give. You are loosing long time players over this kind of stuff. Ppl who have been here since almost day 1 and who are willing to do the grind! I have brought in countless ppl into this game as well as I'm sure a lot of ppl have. These drop rates are just terrible. I really hope it gets better. I don't know how much more I can handle... your lock boxes are now giving away epic dungeon keys?? Wow.. this is a slap in the face guys...you know I as well as a lot of us do... you guys need to sit down and have a big meeting about these things. Ppl can only take so much. Suxs because I love this game. I wish the game would love me back. My 17 DC gets blue insignias for drops...and in the T9 chests gets an emerald??? Hmmmm terrible!!:-(......plz think about what I am writting!! I'm not the only one complaining. A lot of ppl just won't post it on Arc.
  • Options
    asa#5821 asa Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Well now there talking about drastically reducing our AD , I'm not made of money I've ground for about 3 yrs of actual game hours to get 1 17K toon ... now they are going to reduce the 1 way average JOE can get anywhere in the game , make it a game that only silver spoon buy it players can get anywhere , yeah I'd say they are going to loose in the end , their greed is becoming loathesome , if they do , personally I'll go back to COD , its been 3 yrs since I played but looks like I'll be forming another community in CALL OF DUTY !

• Options
    v1p3r#2825 v1p3r Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    This is an embarrasment of a drop rate , it needs to be addressed , i have spent 2 days farming in omu , split between bears , mindwhisperers and beastmasters and the drop rate has been quite frankly pathetic. For this reason i have given up completely , i liked omu but farming these rare hunt mobs in omu and soshenstar is a complete joke. I managed to get my fured chest peice and that is it , i have killed kutlass 6 times and no scale. i am done.
  • Options
    emac800#2654 emac800 Member Posts: 25 Arc User

here is a suggestion if u are going to continue with these pathetic drop rates , at least make them like rex's if u hit it u can at least loot it. The amount of times i have cleared the enemies for someone to come steal the rare is obscene.

I agree. I call those people "vultures". They sit and watch you work through the BS, then swoop in when the rare pops up. It's infuriating. I also agree with making the drops like the Rexes. If you get some shots in, you get the drop too, instead of the vulture taking what you worked hard to get.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    well if you get a shot in you do get at least a chance at the loot. I've put one longstriders into a rare target before and got a trophy
  • Options
    sammie2004#7149 sammie2004 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    It seems tm like the dev's dont give a s..t about loyal high end players. The hunt lures which are the only target left are frankly pathetic. I believe they actually want us to leave as we aren't the cash cows they are after. Was once a good game but spoilt by greed. I'm gonna start a bring WOW to XBOX campaign, Blizzard know how to look after loyal players unlike this shower. WOW on XBOX would kill NW
  • Options
    deathbringer#9789 deathbringer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yeah I agree, drop rates are total HAMSTER making it a waste of time to play, you don't get good loot anywhere and if it's half decent you just get repeat drops if they drop at all... I have spent hours killing mobs for nothing but +1 or 2 rings... BLAHHHH! Phooehy... Dungeons and skirmishes are just as bad!!!!!!
  • Options
    sammie2004#7149 sammie2004 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Having spent yet another 2 days farming bears with not 1 drop its time to dump this useless piece of trash. Thx 4 nothing arc and hope ur total disregard 4 us and money grabbing ideas come back to bite you. Absolute disgrace
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    This issue is being complained about in game every single day, double RNG is always an appalling idea especially with these guys rate of success, make the Hunt targets appear regularly and repeatedly and leave the drop RNG or Leave the hunt target RNG but guarantee a drop from the encounter when it occurs. Most folk could live with that I reckon but a minuscule percentage of a minuscule percentage is pretty poor where player morale is concerned.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    The Chult hunts are basically a design disaster - an example of content that the players do because they feel they are being forced to - not because they enjoy it.

Consider what you need to get one [Rotten Flesh] (the Tyrant lure) in Omu.

Rare mobs seem to have around 10% chance of appearing. So, let's say you kill around 10 groups of bears until you get your Rotting Sun Bear. Fine, except it has maybe only a 25% chance of dropping a Plagued Paw, so in practice, you have to kill 40 groups of bears on the average. Now, I'm just going to assume you have the Razortyrannus Rex Spine - so you can now make your 1-star lure and kill Polaris, but you know what....it also has maybe only a 25% chance to drop the Hoary Paw, so on the average, you have to kill 160 groups of bears for each Hoary Paw.

Same applies to the Thayans you have to kill to get Magehunter's helms to lure Musshussu to get Musshussu's talon - and then you can get your lure to summon Gigantopithecus - but once again, it has only a 25% chance to drop a tooth.

So, on the average, you have to kill 640 groups of Bears and Thayans. Repeat that for the other 4, and the bottom line (assuming the 25% drop rate is close to being correct) is that you need to kill 3840 groups of monsters on the average to get one lure to summon the Tyrant.

Fun? Engaging? Encouraging? Motivating?

Or just pathetically annoying and irritating?

Hoping for improvements...