test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 13 mof dps weapon enchant question

ravnazrael1ravnazrael1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
Ive read sharpedge's writeup for mod 13 weapon enchantments but still unsure if fey or dread will be better for mof dps. Dread will boost smolder and encounters and fey basically boosts everything.. i dont always run with a paladin though so not sure whats best. Please advise thanks.

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Fey is BiS for almost all DPS because you get a straight damage boost and it is worth its value only at Trans ranking or higher.

With that said, I think the devs will adjust the Fey given that it is better than the Dread or Vorpal; given their comment a year ago about how they expect the Dread and Vorpal to still be BiS and their plan to get the other enchantments closer to those two for damage.
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    I ran some tests with my thauma/opp MOF (dummy single target, BHE runs) with both, and Dread always wins (5-10% difference).
    I used Chilling Presence+Swath. If you use critical severity boost features like Critical Conflagration or Phantasmal Destruction, Fey will beat Dread.
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User

I ran some tests with my thauma/opp MOF (dummy single target, BHE runs) with both, and Dread always wins (5-10% difference).
    I used Chilling Presence+Swath. If you use critical severity boost features like Critical Conflagration or Phantasmal Destruction, Fey will beat Dread.

If you were thaum/opp alone vs a dummy you wouldn't have had combat advantage. Testing without combat advantage is going to skew results in favor of dread by quite a bit.
    Top 3 for CW are

1) Fey
    2) Dread
    3) Vorpal

If you play to buff
    1) Bronzewood (broken and provides the 16% buff to the group)
    2) Terror/Dread
    3) Plague Fire (currently it does not stack result in less debuffs)

If you plan to play DPS and support best overall enchantment for a CW is the dread as it functions well for both roles. If you built your support build as a DPS than Dread IMO is BiS followed by Fey.

Anyone who has not paid attention to how things are managed in MMOs should realize that things are left a specific way for a reason, to encourage us to buy into that item. Once there are enough players using said item and it becomes clear that it is preferred over any other item, enchantments included, the devs will do 1 of 2 thins. 1) Come out with a better item or 2) Adjust the item.

The lighting enchantment has seen the later and it would not surprise me if Fey got some type of adjustment to make the enchantment inferior to a dread and vorpal. The devs have stated that the Vorpal & Dread are designed to be the best enchantments. Currently that is not the case as Fey has picked up some momentum as it is better than the other options that are available.

I have saved up a few million AD and I'm not sure what enchantment to get come mod 13. I'm definitely not getting a Fey due to how the devs constantly adjust BiS enchantments.
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    dairyzeus said:

If you were thaum/opp alone vs a dummy you wouldn't have had combat advantage. Testing without combat advantage is going to skew results in favor of dread by quite a bit.
    I precise, i ran my tests on dummy without Combat Advantage.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Nothing will happen to fey. Vorpal is not a very good baseline since it gets beaten by practically every other enchant (so if they nerfed fey, they'd have to nerf everything else along side fey). Improve vorpal instead. Especially since critsev is less relevant atm as we get a lotta CA damage anyways. If we had less, ofc its significance would increase, but that's no good either.

Nothing will happen to fey. Vorpal is not a very good baseline since it gets beaten by practically every other enchant (so if they nerfed fey, they'd have to nerf everything else along side fey). Improve vorpal instead. Especially since critsev is less relevant atm as we get a lotta CA damage anyways. If we had less, ofc its significance would increase, but that's no good either.

Or another thought is reduce the base crit sev on players down to 25% instead of it starting off at 75%. Now the Vorpal and Dread have a solid place in the game. Another thing is put a hard cap on Combat Advantage damage increase, limit it to 40%.

Now would a dread and vorpal be worth investing into as a weapon enchantment? I would say yes as you start off with 50% less crit sev and that where the vorpal would come into play, that would get players back to 75% and the dread would help the encounter base builds get their crit sev back as well and a bit higher as now they are using the dread.

This is just one way the devs could make the Dread and Vorpal BiS again for enchantments. A player wishing to keep their current enchantment would have to get the Cambus Mag and Eye of Ba. companions to raise up their crit sev.

In fact, I like the idea of the devs lowering crit sev on us players, it is easiest way to get vorpal and dread as BiS (in most cases) for weapon enchantments.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    ^ Reducing base Critical Chance would solve everything. The reduction in at least 5 to 1 ratio.

Nowadays getting 100% critical chance is super-easy. I really think this shouldn't be the case since it simplifies things and makes people to only pursue damage increasing capabilities or debuffs.

If the Crit chance is not reduced I fathom that another nerf to the entire system of powers might happen and that would produce more QQ in the longer run.

Making critical chance to really, really be hard to come by would make this game far more interesting imho
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • ravnazrael1ravnazrael1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Ive actually seen a couple people on pc still using lightning. I was under the impression its not as good but maybe I am wrong. Do not have mod13 on console yet. anyone test it and find out for themselves?

^ Reducing base Critical Chance would solve everything. The reduction in at least 5 to 1 ratio.

Nowadays getting 100% critical chance is super-easy. I really think this shouldn't be the case since it simplifies things and makes people to only pursue damage increasing capabilities or debuffs.

If the Crit chance is not reduced I fathom that another nerf to the entire system of powers might happen and that would produce more QQ in the longer run.

Making critical chance to really, really be hard to come by would make this game far more interesting imho

The other option on the Fey is make the buff and debuff only last 10 seconds, similar to the Frost and Bronzewood. That would also be fair and align up with how other debuff/buff enchantments with timers work.

Now, the whole Fey > Vorpal discussion would end and Vorpal and Dread would be a better enchantment for most DPS builds that are not a Combat HR or a GWF. Both of those classes would still benefit running another enchantment.

I cannot wait to see what is planned in mod 14 for class or enchantment changes.

• ravnazrael1ravnazrael1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I ended up getting a vorpal. I dont feel like I am losing much in mod12b and will get more damage in mod 13 so overall seems a good option.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    MOD13 is where you'll need to make some base calculation according to the approachable gear at your disposal. In MOd12 I'd be using trans. lightning on MoF for the time period if I planned to really play and utilize it's investment. Like, 8 hours a day. In that scenario trans lightning would be a splendid choice.

In MOD13, however, there are some great rings in OMU and you get 6 chances a week to get them. Ring of the Gravestriker+5 (or even +4) is such a great ring that comes at almost no price at all.
    I wish I wasn't lazy and actually had all my characters open Omu so that I can hunt these rings since they're BTA.

In any case Vorpal is always a solid last-minute option you can use until you figure out to what highs you want to push your character to and what content you want to prioritize. This is important because you want to build your build without having to constantly change it by each new mod. I personally wouldn't use Vorpal on a MoF, Fey would be my choice and single target orientation. Fey is simply put jack of all trades even if you do not go with OP.

With MoF I'd keep around trans frost, trans fey and trans plague (just in case). I wish that somehow Flaming enchantment would benefit MoFs better than any other class in the game. I can only hope that such ench would become BiS one day :) winkwink
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

Or another thought is reduce the base crit sev on players down to 25% instead of it starting off at 75%. Now the Vorpal and Dread have a solid place in the game. Another thing is put a hard cap on Combat Advantage damage increase, limit it to 40%.

Now would a dread and vorpal be worth investing into as a weapon enchantment? I would say yes as you start off with 50% less crit sev and that where the vorpal would come into play, that would get players back to 75% and the dread would help the encounter base builds get their crit sev back as well and a bit higher as now they are using the dread.

This is just one way the devs could make the Dread and Vorpal BiS again for enchantments. A player wishing to keep their current enchantment would have to get the Cambus Mag and Eye of Ba. companions to raise up their crit sev.

In fact, I like the idea of the devs lowering crit sev on us players, it is easiest way to get vorpal and dread as BiS (in most cases) for weapon enchantments.
    Fix CA. It's not working as it should be. It's just added to crit severity, instead of being multiplied. Dropping critsev to 25% would honestly be the dumbest idea possible. If they fixed CA, then maybe it would be good, but if base CS drops by 50%... getting that 50% critsev via vorpal back is literally 40% more DPS. Every other enchant would once again fall into obscurity.
  • devilstorm#2972 devilstorm Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have a up lighting on my mof and It is just fine . Not sure if I need a fey for any other damage ? I have 100% crit and 88.9% armor pen. 16.7k I also have a ss load out that does comes close to my mof, but not. Advise ps4 and Killa Storm is my wizard on everyday at 6 central. join me for a test with that fey.

Fix CA. It's not working as it should be. It's just added to crit severity, instead of being multiplied. Dropping critsev to 25% would honestly be the dumbest idea possible. If they fixed CA, then maybe it would be good, but if base CS drops by 50%... getting that 50% critsev via vorpal back is literally 40% more DPS. Every other enchant would once again fall into obscurity.
    Maybe 50% reduction is to high but how about crit sev base be 50% and not 75%. Would this be better value and make the vorpal and dread viable without killing off the other enchantments.
    Mod 14 I was able to pick up a Unp. Dread for under 3M and sold my Unp. Vorpal for around the same amount.

I was planning to get a Fey but decided against it as there are already two of the players I run with using a Unp. Fey so I went with the dread.