test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please improve (limit) how weapon/armor(s) render visuals.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
edited April 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
My Goodness: A big thing to improving rendering/visuals:
╘ Allow you to select the MAX Weapon &/or Armor FX Visuals render rank you see for everybody.
♥ Max Armor Render Quality: R7-R13 applied Globally to everyone from that computer.
♥ max Weapon Render Quality: R7-R13 applied Globally to everyone on that computer.

Similar to how today everyone can choose what Companions skin, so only this would apply to everybody from that computer... So if you set Armor at R8 visuals, you'd see it's normal visuals at R7, and then again increase to R8 but nothing render's higher, regardless what quality or rank of enchantment was slotted for Armor. Or for Weapon's if you set to R9 so they increase up to that but no higher for you or others.

Then you'd not see as many massive bright flashes, overdone whiteness, or many other darkening effects in big fights. It often makes seeing combat far more difficult for many players - let alone messing with rendering many other things.

<3<3<3

My goodness Vorpals may cause Siezures for some people; with their constant bright flashes on every enemy hit; especially once they R9 or greater. Dread, Terror, and others cause a lot of very dark area's, and not everybody enjoys the stark FX (bright & dark) fighting as it often worsens rendering of many other things...

And without the weapon/armor FX the normal visuals are totally amazing in most area's of the game!

Still I'd rather just see an option where I could set a max rank for armor &/or weapon FX visuals; or set a transparency to 50%-90% so they appear less bright, or a maximum render rank for each armor &/or weapon FX of R7-R13 for FX globally.

My goodness could this be easily enabled?

@nitocris83
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'm not sure how much work it would take from a technical perspective. @miasmat, is this a topic you can provide any insight on?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Along the same lines, when Bruenor's Helm is used the phantom throne tends to give me a headache.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Yes please.
    They are pretty obnoxious.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind them toning down the feedback / lightning visuals of Trans Thunderhead. When I'm in some dungeons - VT and RoT in particular come to mind - using Thunderhead can create a kind of white out - where neither I nor anyone else can see anything beyond the crazy glow of the enchants popping off.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    I have said it before and will continue to say: I would love the ability to turn off the armor and weapon enchant visuals or at least tone them down quite a bit.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Yea hence the reason for asking if they could set a max render separately for Armor & Weapons individually. I'd even welcome a transparency feature to tone them down, or as a few have suggested a lower max render visual of R10/R11 at most.

Many I see share my thoughts or have similar idea's on how it might be improved above. Be nice if some focus could be put into this area possible down the road. <3o:)
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I must be strange, then, in that I prefer the Lifedrinker weapon enchantments. That'll probably change eventually...
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

I have said it before and will continue to say: I would love the ability to turn off the armor and weapon enchant visuals or at least tone them down quite a bit.

I can't comment on any of the requests in the original post, but I can say that with M14 players should be able to turn off their own weapon/armor enchant effects. Software added that nice feature in for us.

As with all coming soons, nothing is ever 100% guaranteed.
    HAMSTER YES.
  • damianwayne00damianwayne00 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Everyone with a Barkshield enchant is crying in (hopeful) celebration
    edited April 2018
    Yea I think this would likely be a nice step in the right direction! -Jump- -Jump-

Especially if they eventually allow us to set max render visuals by Armor &/or Weapon Enchants by computer (globally) so people could tone done the bright flashes / dark area's so fight scene's aren't always this massive pool bright & darkness.

Daily's, Encounters, and At-Wil's provided plenty of that without the Armor &/or Weapon Effects everywhere. o:)
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    Personally something I'd like to see is actual skins for enchantments. I love the brilliant enchantments looks but it's unable to be upgraded to be worthwhile at end game.

That said, I'd love to be able to use it as a visual instead of fey or lightning enchantments which everyone uses end game. It would also give a reason to get that pack (think zen purchases here $$). It would be nice to see enchantment "skins" for this reason.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

I can't comment on any of the requests in the original post, but I can say that with M14 players should be able to turn off their own weapon/armor enchant effects. Software added that nice feature in for us.

BUTTKICKING FOR GOODNESS!!! Send our compliments to the chef... err software people!

Now there might actually be a point in transmuting weapons.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User

AWESOME! This makes me insanely happy for some reason.

Had been bugged that my cleric had shadow(clad)spawn spikes coming out of him for no reason, just wasn't his jam. Also can finally upgrade that lesser soulforged. Yay!
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User

HUZZAH!!!!!!
    Now my SW with negation won't look like Dynamo from the Running Man.

If this applies to fashion as well...... triple HUZZAH!!!!
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

i like my bark animation :(
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

My vorpal and lightning i would love to tune down but my Thunderhead i would tuneup if i could XD
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    edited April 2018

Sweet!

Any chance of a cosmetic feature from STO making it in any time soon? Specifically, the ability to slot Ship gear into "cosmetic-only" slots where it overrides your look but not your stats, so you can have a Borg look while using the Iconian set for DPS or have the Space Herpes Iconian look while slotting a science-focused set for your Space Wizard build?

Or a Companion-style Skin Selector, so you can tune your Transcendent Negation down to look like a Lesser if you like that more?

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

I see @noworries#8859 went to the @miasmat school of SPOILERS! ;)

Just kidding, this was news I was hoping we could share soon ^.^
    edited April 2018

Well as I said there are -a limited few- who enjoy them at least the lower ranking ones mostly... ...if that's you then leave them enabled.

The fact is likely >75% of people prefer to turn down or reduce how their weapon / armor enchantments render; or be able to set custom maximum's for each like choosing a skin for a companion. I'd certainly use that and likely limit most to R7-R9 almost exclusively. <3

Still the vast majority would likely agree: They certainly don't like Weapon/Armor FX rendering, while switching to fashion. But that's an entirely different issue. o:)
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    I kinda started liking my pink-green sword color combo. Also, blue and gold, as that actually does look good.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Sounds good. my main has a really nice (as in rare, and not obtainable any more) armour, and I hate it when the armor is totally obscured by the armor enchants.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2018

Oh, we put in an exception so you can't turn off Barkshield. /sarcasm
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Good news, my pvp archer was sick of giant blue-black spikes errupting from his chest.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Good news, my pvp archer was sick of giant blue-black spikes errupting from his chest.

i actually builded my HR looks based on that enchant using the Morlanth's Shroud and the shadow wolf mount XD

but will be nice to tunr off or a least lesser the weapon enchant...
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    *fingers crossed*

That Malibu Barbie Pink from the Feytouched enchantments are a real mood/theme killer when you are trying to make a HAMSTER looking toon.....
    edited May 2018
    Many FX are taken too far - or sometimes just 'a little' too overdone - things get just way to busy...

Send Graphic FX artists to the Less is More school of visual & artistic design.

But if your speaking about little cute creature's... ;) I wish the Hamster in Charge (Boo) would kindly tell them to turn down some, or at the very least remind them of a common phrase.

With great power comes great responsibility.... No silly ELF, not that one! *referring to self*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Less_is_more

o:)
    Some people like them though... Still I should clarify I do greatly love a lot, if not most things done in Neverwinter!

Just sometimes: a little too much, is too overdone. Why the less is more comment seemed appropriate.