test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Critical Chance Really Low

allanon#3394 allanon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I can't seem to get my critical chance to go up. I guess the mechanics are alluding me. I'm using Pilgrim Assault on all but my feet. Lvl 8 and 9 enchantments. Darks on weapons, Savage on defense, Azure on offense and Fey or Quarter Master on utility. Using Drowned Blades and Axes. Rings ( Ring of Rising Focus +4) (Ring of Rising Precision +3), baaphomet's Infernal Talisman, Demogorgons Girdle of Might and Drowcraft pants and shirt. Here are some screen shots.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/124KnuGUp6uApZbE8NMh33DtGLbf8TzxW/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11RTzcVWJdwMWT5ibrYulcsfh46OrPuB1/view?usp=sharing

Went the Pathfinder - Trapper route with a sprinkling of Combat
Companions are lvl 35 Yeti, lvl 35 Dinosaur, lvl 30 Hawk, lvl 25 Blinkdog, lvl 24 Dancing Shield.... only lvl 30 and 35's are bonded. All have lvl 8 or 9 Eldritch and Empowered stones.

Mounts use the following: Artificer's Persuasion, Slayer's Redemption. Artificer's Influence, Magistrate's Patience and Champion's Struggle.

Still a work in progress but, any suggestions to get this darn Critical Chance higher than 34.3%.
Critical Severity is +93%
Resistance Ignored -70.7%

Power 12,120
Critical Strike 6.501
Armor Penetration 6.948

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Chef

Comments

• Options
    murphyvamurphyva Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    im not a HR but from what i know crit is a hard stat for you guys to get.
    From what i can see from the screenshots i would suggest swapping out a few artifacts that have crit, get those up to mythic to get 1000 crit per artifact. as far as the companion goes, put your highest crit enchantments in your companion and upgrade your bonding as high as possible (dont focus on r14, its a waste imo)
    after that it's all about the enchantments in your gear and the boons that give crit.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    Con artist as companion get it to leg lvl with at least 1 other leg companion (fire/earth archon, seige master, rust monster good example.
    Now get 3 rings with 2 offensive slotts using azure in all and as high rank bonding as you can get and voila 90%+ in crit...

Omu has several easy to get 2 offensive slott rings rest is either grind or the fast p2w consept your pick....
  • Options

I don't think conartists are optimal for hr builds. you are better off with a fire or air archon as a main and in a month the chultan tiger is what you want. get your bonding stones up as high as you can. flat out bondings not eldrich or whatever. and then get crit on your pets jewlery. get the enchantments on your pet as high as you can even before your own enchantments. everything counts towards your ilvl anyway, you want to grind ig gold for double slotted attack stuff. find a pet that works with what you have jewelry wise. you want at least two offense spots on whatever pet you do use.

as a side note. only your summoned pet matters for what you have on it. nothing else gives you any bonus.

imo forget about rising rings. they are obsolete.

if you can run chult at all. try for chult rings. even the plus 2's are better imo. you can get rings to drop from hunts and the treasure chests.

you can buy the chult rings super cheap on the ah for plus 2. hunter and beast are two you can search for.

farm merchant prince skirmish for the shirt and pants.

buy teak wootz weapons your drowned set is seriously obsolete. even at green the teak weapons are going to far out weigh your current set and they are cheap. imo you should respec to pure trapper at least until you get your crit to 100 the hybrid build is going to hurt you instead of help if you don't have high crit already.

get rid of the baphomet set pieces and replace with company duelist cloak greater twined rope of dex. get those to legendary.

get rid of the pilgrim and replace with armor and helm ect with things that have crit. doing a quick look there is no crit on the pilgrim set at all. some better choices are a bit hard to get for someone at your ilvl.

the sva trial drops historians regalia that gives 2k critical strike

spiteful heels drop from hunts they are a crit producer
    zephyrs armguards drop from a t2 hunt.
    bonespurs are really good for both crit and arpen. they are t1 hunt.
    gravemasters drops from t2.

you can try asking in your guild if anyone would mind taking you along on a hunt and letting you have any armor arms feet they don't need.

you probably need to get your ilvl up a bit before you can get into chult though to do some hunts and farm the better gear.

so keep on with those dungeons. get your pet some good gear and get those bondings as high as you can. r8s are cheap enough to start with but you really do want as high as you can go there. go all azure on your pets attack and try for doubleslotted attack.

get a mount that has crit bonus. on xbox the cheapest currently is a rage drake at 280k.

you want gladiators guile and wanderers fortune. gladiators guild makes you move faster and wanderers fortune drops a ton of free rp which you are going to need a lot of. the others you should probably go for are protectors camaraderie and protectors friendship and shepards devotion.

you have suboptimal artifacts as well. do level up a cw to 60 for it's sigil. it's a really good one.

focus on artis that have crit and or power. I personally (after many years) have a set of crit and power each so i can switch around to get what I need depending on current needs for stats. Lantern or revelation, thayan book of the dead, sigil of the controller are some good ones. there are others out there too though.

gearing up a crit monster is a long expensive process. you can look in your collections tab to see what is out there for various gear and where you can get it. but doing some simple things like upgrading your weapons and neck and waist and rings lol and all the other things and rerolling to pure trapper should help a lot. race reroll token as mentioned might be the way to go because the feat reroll is included in that. I don't know what weapon enchant you have but you'll want dread unless you decide you want to be combat later on.

sorry for the tl/;dr but lots to say there.

3 rings is the best for having 2 offensive slotts = con artist.
    You can have others but if you want 2 offensive slotts and high stats on your companions gear rings is by far the best way to go.
    Rings also are very easy to get the stats you want if you want to mix arpen crit reco power in any combo that works best with the gear you have atm.
    If you want high crit having 3 rings with 6 offensive slotts for enchants is the way to go imho....
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    just add more zen then you will have more crit lol
  • Options
    edited April 2018

marnival said:

I don't think conartists are optimal for hr builds. you are better off with a fire or air archon as a main and in a month the chultan tiger is what you want. get your bonding stones up as high as you can. flat out bondings not eldrich or whatever. and then get crit on your pets jewlery. get the enchantments on your pet as high as you can even before your own enchantments. everything counts towards your ilvl anyway, you want to grind ig gold for double slotted attack stuff. find a pet that works with what you have jewelry wise. you want at least two offense spots on whatever pet you do use.

as a side note. only your summoned pet matters for what you have on it. nothing else gives you any bonus.

imo forget about rising rings. they are obsolete.

if you can run chult at all. try for chult rings. even the plus 2's are better imo. you can get rings to drop from hunts and the treasure chests.

you can buy the chult rings super cheap on the ah for plus 2. hunter and beast are two you can search for.

farm merchant prince skirmish for the shirt and pants.

buy teak wootz weapons your drowned set is seriously obsolete. even at green the teak weapons are going to far out weigh your current set and they are cheap. imo you should respec to pure trapper at least until you get your crit to 100 the hybrid build is going to hurt you instead of help if you don't have high crit already.

get rid of the baphomet set pieces and replace with company duelist cloak greater twined rope of dex. get those to legendary.

get rid of the pilgrim and replace with armor and helm ect with things that have crit. doing a quick look there is no crit on the pilgrim set at all. some better choices are a bit hard to get for someone at your ilvl.

the sva trial drops historians regalia that gives 2k critical strike

spiteful heels drop from hunts they are a crit producer
    zephyrs armguards drop from a t2 hunt.
    bonespurs are really good for both crit and arpen. they are t1 hunt.
    gravemasters drops from t2.

you can try asking in your guild if anyone would mind taking you along on a hunt and letting you have any armor arms feet they don't need.

you probably need to get your ilvl up a bit before you can get into chult though to do some hunts and farm the better gear.

so keep on with those dungeons. get your pet some good gear and get those bondings as high as you can. r8s are cheap enough to start with but you really do want as high as you can go there. go all azure on your pets attack and try for doubleslotted attack.

get a mount that has crit bonus. on xbox the cheapest currently is a rage drake at 280k.

you want gladiators guile and wanderers fortune. gladiators guild makes you move faster and wanderers fortune drops a ton of free rp which you are going to need a lot of. the others you should probably go for are protectors camaraderie and protectors friendship and shepards devotion.

you have suboptimal artifacts as well. do level up a cw to 60 for it's sigil. it's a really good one.

focus on artis that have crit and or power. I personally (after many years) have a set of crit and power each so i can switch around to get what I need depending on current needs for stats. Lantern or revelation, thayan book of the dead, sigil of the controller are some good ones. there are others out there too though.

gearing up a crit monster is a long expensive process. you can look in your collections tab to see what is out there for various gear and where you can get it. but doing some simple things like upgrading your weapons and neck and waist and rings lol and all the other things and rerolling to pure trapper should help a lot. race reroll token as mentioned might be the way to go because the feat reroll is included in that. I don't know what weapon enchant you have but you'll want dread unless you decide you want to be combat later on.

sorry for the tl/;dr but lots to say there.

3 rings is the best for having 2 offensive slotts = con artist.
    You can have others but if you want 2 offensive slotts and high stats on your companions gear rings is by far the best way to go.
    Rings also are very easy to get the stats you want if you want to mix arpen crit reco power in any combo that works best with the gear you have atm.
    If you want high crit having 3 rings with 6 offensive slotts for enchants is the way to go imho....

disagree. the archons are all attack and have two rings. its better for most to just grind out ig for plus four jewelry with double attack slots. the conartist buffs aren't really very good for dps now with the changes they made last year as well. you want the archons for the damage boost. the new companion is going to be bis though. it requires the same jewelry as the air archon I think. (might be fire) but both it's bonus's and slots make it best to have. right now at this moment I would say the only people who should have con artists are support but as of next mod everyone should be saving up for the new tiger and grinding ig for gear if the dont have it. the con artist is also only good as the summoned.

imo no one who doesn't already have it at legendary should spend any money at all on him.

Uem have con artist as leg since forever on my Gf and trust me it is good dps.
    Fire archon as summoned do not have any debuff and it is far far easer to pick stats on rings and have 3 rings with offensive slotts then any other gear.
    Sure the ultimate set up do not involve con artist as there are better simular out there and depding if you want to go full personal dps or have a bit of utility set up with rust monster.

Full personal dps has no room for any sellsword but now you are talking about bis 17k+IL and by that time if you have trubble getting high crit you are doing something seriously wrong imo...

edit:
    p.s https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1239314/chultan-tiger-moves-like-a-snail
    Post edited by marnival on
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I can't seem to get my critical chance to go up. I guess the mechanics are alluding me. I'm using Pilgrim Assault on all but my feet. Lvl 8 and 9 enchantments. Darks on weapons, Savage on defense, Azure on offense and Fey or Quarter Master on utility. Using Drowned Blades and Axes. Rings ( Ring of Rising Focus +4) (Ring of Rising Precision +3), baaphomet's Infernal Talisman, Demogorgons Girdle of Might and Drowcraft pants and shirt. Here are some screen shots.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/124KnuGUp6uApZbE8NMh33DtGLbf8TzxW/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11RTzcVWJdwMWT5ibrYulcsfh46OrPuB1/view?usp=sharing

Went the Pathfinder - Trapper route with a sprinkling of Combat
    Companions are lvl 35 Yeti, lvl 35 Dinosaur, lvl 30 Hawk, lvl 25 Blinkdog, lvl 24 Dancing Shield.... only lvl 30 and 35's are bonded. All have lvl 8 or 9 Eldritch and Empowered stones.

Mounts use the following: Artificer's Persuasion, Slayer's Redemption. Artificer's Influence, Magistrate's Patience and Champion's Struggle.

Still a work in progress but, any suggestions to get this darn Critical Chance higher than 34.3%.
    Critical Severity is +93%
    Resistance Ignored -70.7%

Power 12,120
    Critical Strike 6.501
    Armor Penetration 6.948

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Chef

First off, you companion is a great way to get critical chance at lower IL for DPS builds. If you are not near max for your critical chance you should be using your highest ranking azures on your companion. It is very important that you are running Bonding R8+ and R11+ is where it gets even higher.

Your companion gear should also be focused on critical chance, power, and armor pen. You should be using a striker companion and it should be a minimum epic for additional companion stats.

The next thing you need to do is review your boons, make sure you take all boons that provide critical strike. The other thing you want to do is focus on getting gear that is critical focus from the hunts. Gravemaster head and armor, alpha boots or bone spur and for the hands royal silk or whatever the other one is.

Once you get your critical chance to about 90% you will want to slowly swap out your azures for brutal that are 1-2 rank higher than azures. As you do this, you keep the critical chance the same but gain power as well.

One quick note, work on your companions and mount insignia bonuses. Both of those need some tweaking.
  • Options
    teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Yeah, a summoned ConArtist has my thumbsUP over the archons which are great for actives.
    The Legendary Outlaws