test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

:( Huge overnerf to careful attack.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
Just noticed on the tooltip ca now has an internal cooldown of 1.5 seconds from any source.

Harsh.
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    It has always said that 1.5 sec CD in the tool tip. :)
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yeah lol, but now it actually works.
    From my understanding, you would be given credit for the dmg or portion of the dmg that others did because of CA being on the mob/boss. I do not believe that is the case now or that % is reduced.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
    If the damage still is done, then that's fine, I want that damn cradle boss to go down, don't care who gets the credit.

Can't think how to test it though.
    Holy HAMSTER, well okay, pathfinder is officially dead in the water for pve. Good job cryptic.
  • ashwilliowbrook#2249 ashwilliowbrook Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I am on Xbox so it is still working for me. When I say working I mean it does stupid damage in certain situations, so much so that I think it’s probably broken.

Recently I ran Tiamat for the first time in a while, and it was the first time since a major upgrade to my character. We cleared first time and I was top of the paingiver with over 170mil. The next highest was a 17k+ ( over 1k IL on me) GWF with about 60mil. I don’t have access to ACT but I did scroll through the log out of curiosity.

All I could see was “your Aura of courage deals X damage to white Tiamat head, your careful atack deals X damage to white Tiamat head”. Reams and reams of it, occasionally interspersed with some damage from someone else. I got bored with scrolling before I could find any other damage I dealt. I think I could have just applied careful atack and stood next to each head and I would still have topped the paingiver.
    edited March 2018
    I used it in Msva and it wasn't a gamebreaker, a good gwf could still beat me out of the paingiver. Nor was it overpowered in tong last mod.

Tiamat is not representative of the rest of the game, it's the only 25 man raid, everyone is buffed to begin with... split the sky worked nearly equally as well if you timed it right on green and blue... etc. etc.

As it stands our best dot skill has been completely ruined. Roots have already been junked pretty much, archer loses out in the buffing meta... we are left now with one paragon, and the combat tree in PVE, and knife edge choices in pvp between no damage, good control, poor survival trapper, so-so damage, no control, poor survival combat or amazing damage, no control, zero survival archer.

Although we are very strong in pve at the moment, after gwfs, we are being steadily backed into a corner with these successive nerfs/bugs/whatevers. Careful attack is, if you like, the last nerf we can weather.

One more and we are back in the dumpster.