test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soulmonger Ampoule is it RNG or a weekly drop ?

grroupergrrouper Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 578 Arc User
edited March 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Just as i said is the Ampoule needed for new weapons from RNG or or is it a weekly drop many thought it was a weekly same with the item we need to restore primal gear. But we finished cradle of the death gods and got neither.

Comments

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    As far as I know, it's like MSVA drop: weekly.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    there are players who have done over 2k edemo and ndemo and still dont have ring of rising power or brutality +5, 20 runs is pretty good from the Rng God in this game, if i got a Ues every 20 runs, i'd be more encouraged xd
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Soul Ampules have a 100% drop rate but are gated weekly so you only get 1 a week. There was a launch bug where only half the trial group was getting them but it will be fixed with the maintenance this Thursday barring any last minute issues.
  • ivansinkovic1ivansinkovic1 Member Posts: 43 Arc User

Soul Ampules have a 100% drop rate but are gated weekly so you only get 1 a week. There was a launch bug where only half the trial group was getting them but it will be fixed with the maintenance this Thursday barring any last minute issues.

Some people bought zen pack just to get week earlier in cradle, to exhalt weapons week earlier. Some of them didn't get Ampule even after spamming cradle for whole week... This looks a lot like spit in their face for buying something that was $75-$100 + countless legendary dragon keys...
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

Some people bought zen pack just to get week earlier in cradle, to exhalt weapons week earlier. Some of them didn't get Ampule even after spamming cradle for whole week... This looks a lot like spit in their face for buying something that was $75-$100 + countless legendary dragon keys...
    /sign....shame on cryp. Thats stupid...
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User

Thank you for the update. Can we also get information on whether it's intended to only get one chance EVER per character to ge the ring out of FANE? Currently the chest is only in the initial quest, not in the weekly.
  • marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    ROFL. So it's a 100% drop except when it doesn't in which case it's a 0% drop.

• rysiek86rysiek86 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    after patch didn't get the ampoule. . .Oh sorry, ive obtained it on second run...
    LOL so it's still NOT a 100% once a week drop. Seriously, can't they test this stuff before rolling it out.....s
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    May be (just may be) their week starts on Monday.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    It appears the patch was not patched.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1238894/pc-patching-issues-3-15/p1?new=1

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10838764

**NOTE**

This patch is not yet live. We are looking into this issue. For updates, visit our forums.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited March 2018
    We are aware of the issue with PC players not receiving the .8 patch after today's maintenance. We are in the process of looking into this matter and follow up steps. We will provide additional updates when available.

I guess it shouldn't surprise us that they dropped the ball again. Even the way they verbalize the issue is not correct.

What they should have said is:

We are aware that the patch was missed and was not rolled out today.

Saying PC players not receiving the patch implies some players received it and some didn't. They screwed up and forgot to deploy the updated code. There is nothing to look into, other than perhaps finding more competent staff.
    Post edited by marv700#9957 on