test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MOD 13 Rings Bonus don't stack

imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
edited March 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
As the title of the thread suggests the rings of mod 13, from the Rings of Offensive Action to the Rings of the Gravestriker rings the equip bonus doesn't work like intended when you have 2 of the same kind.

The gravetriker rings the appropriate bonus if you have a +4 and a +3 ring but if you have 2 rings of the same rank the bonus doesn't add up.
The same thing happens for all the other rings as well even those that don't have ranks

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I don't think it is a bug. The special bonus of the ring of the same kind does not stack since Underdark. I think it is WAI.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    They did fix it for the primal rings from last mod though, so who knows.

Would appreciate some feedback from the powers that be, before I go grind another 20 makos favours...
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    i wished to able to slot 4 fragment key of stars ;p Better they dont stack how more we will break...
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    You can use +4 and +5 no 2x+5.
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

They did fix it for the primal rings from last mod though, so who knows.

Would appreciate some feedback from the powers that be, before I go grind another 20 makos favours...

I agree with you we should have at least a clear statement from the developers or their representatives
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    grrouper said:

We leave it up to the players to figure out themselves, so that they can enjoy the experience of discovery.

You know... I remember quite many times when I invested points (rousing warmth for templock) or resources into something that according to the tooltip should be best for my char... to figure out that option is simply just available, but not working. The experience of discovery was not pleasant at all - either remove tooltips, or state the truth. That goes for Powers, feats and equipment alike.

To intentionally deceive player really leads to frustration.

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Sorry, I am a little bit edgy when I read response like that so do not take it personally if you just quoted someone. ;)
    I don't understand, is it or is it not a bug, can we get a proper answer from someone in charge?
    Why do primal rings stack and Offensive Action or GraveStriker and Shadowstalker don't stack
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

I don't understand, is it or is it not a bug, can we get a proper answer from someone in charge?
    Why do primal rings stack and Offensive Action or GraveStriker and Shadowstalker don't stack

Primal is 1% power per ring from your base 1+1 =2% of your base power.
    if you have 50000 base you get 1000 extra on kill. ALso those rings are offense-defence slot.
    They let them do that stack( speculation ) because is not really a big deal 2% of your base power when you kill something ( so for boss fight with 1 target they are not even give something ).

Primal is 1% power per ring from your base 1+1 =2% of your base power.
    if you have 50000 base you get 1000 extra on kill. ALso those rings are offense-defence slot.
    They let them do that stack( speculation ) because is not really a big deal 2% of your base power when you kill something ( so for boss fight with 1 target they are not even give something ).

A mere speculation, still no official response.
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    On the preview server, the Gravestalker and Shadowstalker rings equip bonus worked on companions if you used a +4/+5 together. When it went live they didn't.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
    edited March 2018

On the preview server, the Gravestalker and Shadowstalker rings equip bonus worked on companions if you used a +4/+5 together. When it went live they didn't.

Did they stack as character equip too?
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I think that rings shouldn't stack such bonuses.
    The concept should be referring to the different uses for multiple things. The ring that has such a bonus and then procs from a companion and boosts overall damage far more than it's stated seems a bit odd. Clearly the ring with such bonuses should never proc from any companion since that defeats the purpose of a bonus "on-character".

If the rings were supposed to proc from a companion they would just need a flat bonus to either of the primary stats for character build. This I strongly believe.

In truth and practice the bonus from the two ring slots isn't that great to be honest so it all falls down to personal choices and flat bonuses.

If it were meant to proc from a companion that is okay, too. In fact I also strongly believe that whatever goes on a companion should also work on the character, however I firmly believe that these sorts of bonuses should only work if the character uses Augment pets.

Something needs to be done with the augment pets so that they become as viable as they were before. I actually prefer having an augment companion, somehow looks cooler I think.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • nuitrarinuitrari Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Still no official confirmation if it's a bug or WAI? I have 2x +5 Gravestriker and I would love to know if I would ever be able to benefit from both of them or would I have to use one +5 and one +4 to get the full benefit...
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    all i know so far is that having 2 +5 of same type dont work, but works 2 of same type but a +4 and a +5 (+4 now have 2 offense slots)
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    nuitrari said:

Still no official confirmation if it's a bug or WAI? I have 2x +5 Gravestriker and I would love to know if I would ever be able to benefit from both of them or would I have to use one +5 and one +4 to get the full benefit...

well, since nobody hit the @nitocris83 button... no, no response yet.
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Yea, I had to test out the Gravestriker rings myself, and mmhmm I found that two of the same rank give the hard stats for both, but only one of the power buff (over X amount of HP u get X power). Two of the same no, but two different ranks the tally added up to both the hard stats and power buffs for both rings. Doesn't make sense to me why it would be intended, if they stack buffs at different ranks they should really stack period, it's not like the amount of extra power (buff stat) between a +4 and a +5 or a +3 and a +4 is game changing anyway.

nuitrari said:

well, since nobody hit the @nitocris83 button... no, no response yet.
    I hope there will be a reply concerning this matter, it's been more than a month now..
    @nitocris83
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    So it's literally exactly the same as Underdark conditional bonus rings? No, it's not a bug.

So it's literally exactly the same as Underdark conditional bonus rings? No, it's not a bug.

And primal rings with same bonus stack, your opinion or my opinion doesn't matter, there just needs to be an official reply.
    @nitocris83
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

And primal rings with same bonus stack, your opinion or my opinion doesn't matter, there just needs to be an official reply.
    @nitocris83
    The specific conditional bonus rings (usually ones that have +1/.../5) don't stack. That's not an opinion, that's just how it is. Primal rings aren't in the same category as rings you get via RNG. It's that simple.
  • mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Does it work OK if you put a +4 and +5 of the same ring on your toon and the same +4 and +5 on your companion, hypothetically?