test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR Courage Breaker Nerf

dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
Why the nerf to courage breaker? Why cut the time in half from 10 secs to 5 secs? One of our best debuff powers takes a hit. Is everything fixed in this game by the devs nerfing? I assuming it was do to PVP issues. Is this going to be another game that sacrifices PVE for the sake of PVP?
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
Rogue - Serenity (PS4)

Comments

• lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Yes. Most nerfs occur due to pvp imbalance.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    dagambit said:

Why the nerf to courage breaker? Why cut the time in half from 10 secs to 5 secs? One of our best debuff powers takes a hit. Is everything fixed in this game by the devs nerfing? I assuming it was do to PVP issues. Is this going to be another game that sacrifices PVE for the sake of PVP?

Maybe because TR can spam DAILY POWER even faster than encounters and 10 second proc of its completley undodgeable and passing through all abilities perma stun was overpowered?

PS. Enjoy 9 seconds Smoke bombs with 6 second of cooldown as a Control Trickster Rogue.

Complaining TR......gezzz....
  • dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    modlesie said:

dagambit said:

Maybe because TR can spam DAILY POWER even faster than encounters and 10 second proc of its completley undodgeable and passing through all abilities perma stun was overpowered?

PS. Enjoy 9 seconds Smoke bombs with 6 second of cooldown as a Control Trickster Rogue.

Complaining TR......gezzz....
    Not complaining, hell yeah I am. They devs should have just added a PVP switch. Nerfing powers is not always the answer. This just weakens PVE for TR even more, There will never be a balance between PVP and PVE one side will always lose out and it always seem to be PVE that loses over PVP.
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Very true - they have separate definitions for SOME skills (between pve and pvp) so it can't be THAT hard to do it for others!

Nerfing a skill for both pvp and pve is just plain lazy and is a disservice to players.

@modlesie most classes that stack high recovery and AP gain can have 100% uptime on key encounters and dailies (DC, CW, OP, SW and of course HR Trapper which doesn't even need Recovery for this). Your issue is obviously PvP and the OP's solution was to suggest creating a separate pvp definition which could have 5 secs whilst pve can remain at 10.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    armadeonx said:

Very true - they have separate definitions for SOME skills (between pve and pvp) so it can't be THAT hard to do it for others!

Nerfing a skill for both pvp and pve is just plain lazy and is a disservice to players.

@modlesie most classes that stack high recovery and AP gain can have 100% uptime on key encounters and dailies (DC, CW, OP, SW and of course HR Trapper which doesn't even need Recovery for this). Your issue is obviously PvP and the OP's solution was to suggest creating a separate pvp definition which could have 5 secs whilst pve can remain at 10.

you are wrong- with both answers.

1. Devs admit that they will not separater pvp and pve skills on twitch. Reason? "This is very difficult to separate pvp and pve skills"- Something like that (I will not post link here because my current lvl of hate for this game is to big to search it on twitch). I know this should be based for game, but as you can see, our devas don't care and they prefer to play card games and eat hamburgers on 24h live stream. Main question is- they don't want to do that because:
    - they don't know how to do that?
    - game motor is not adapted for this kind of changes?
    - They don't know game mechanics and what former developers meant, and what was their previous ideas about class and game mechanic/balance.
    -any other?

2.You are terribly wrong with stacking high recovery and every 5 second perma daily- this is only TRs privilege. Dou you know why? i will tell you:
    - Tr don't need to stack crit because of 100% crit chance in stealth
    - Tr don't need to stack arm pen because they have SoD in Executioner Tree and a lot of piercing damage in Sabo Tree so they can completely ignored these 2 stats which is based for many other classes. If you don't need to stack any other stats except power and recovery to do a big amount of damage because of broken mechanic like piercing damage, broken SoD etc. then in result we have TR- top1 overpowered class in PvP since mod5.

Greetings- very bored player.
    I don't what TRs are not stacking arm pen and crit. Then again I don't PVP so that must be a PVP only loadout. On another note I have played games where there is a PVP/PVE switch. One game that I know has a PVP switch is The Division. So a PVP/PVE switch isn't hard in most case you just have to be willing to take the time to implement it. And I will agree with you that the devs of this game don't care and they have proven it time and time again. If I was a PVPer I would probably feel your frustration, but I am 98% PVE and this change was unnecessary in my book and a easy way out for the devs. Awwww! lets just nerf the power and be done with it, we don't care how it affects PVE as long as it quites the PVPer for awhile. Was probably the conversation that was had.
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
    modlesie said:

armadeonx said:

you are wrong- with both answers.

1. Devs admit that they will not separater pvp and pve skills on twitch. Reason? "This is very difficult to separate pvp and pve skills"- Something like that (I will not post link here because my current lvl of hate for this game is to big to search it on twitch). I know this should be based for game, but as you can see, our devas don't care and they prefer to play card games and eat hamburgers on 24h live stream. Main question is- they don't want to do that because:
    - they don't know how to do that?
    - game motor is not adapted for this kind of changes?
    - They don't know game mechanics and what former developers meant, and what was their previous ideas about class and game mechanic/balance.
    -any other?

2.You are terribly wrong with stacking high recovery and every 5 second perma daily- this is only TRs privilege. Dou you know why? i will tell you:
    - Tr don't need to stack crit because of 100% crit chance in stealth
    - Tr don't need to stack arm pen because they have SoD in Executioner Tree and a lot of piercing damage in Sabo Tree so they can completely ignored these 2 stats which is based for many other classes. If you don't need to stack any other stats except power and recovery to do a big amount of damage because of broken mechanic like piercing damage, broken SoD etc. then in result we have TR- top1 overpowered class in PvP since mod5.

Greetings- very bored player.
    There are lots of skills that already have separate pvp/pve definitions and I've played several games that have an effective separation so I don't see why these guys find it so difficult.

I understand the point about crit from stealth but as most serious pvp'ers stack HP instead of DR nobody actually needs a lot of RI to gain 100% effectiveness from their hits.

I would also point out that in page one of the leaderboard on all platforms, TRs are not over-represented in relation to the number that actually pvp. If that were the case then the first few pages would be awash with them.

TR's are not OP in PVP. Just because you get killed by a class doesn't mean that class is OP.
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)

@dagambit
    @lordnagy#1603
    @armadeonx
    @modlesie
    @heraldfayez#8520
    @tiberiusrex#6660

This thread's entire premise is wrong. CB was NOT nerfed for PVE, its the same duration as its always been for PVE. I even just went and tested CB in game to be sure. The tooltip also very clearly states that CB is 10 seconds in PVE and 5 seconds in PVP. If you wish to see that for yourself, I have included a screenshot of the official CB tooltip:

https://i.imgur.com/wWfMNor.jpg

Thanks for the clarification :star:

Wow! I feel like a moron. Thanks for the info.
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)