test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preview with the CM - Feb. 23

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
The masses have spoken and the masses have chosen - PvP it is!

Join me tomorrow, February 23, at 2pm PT (when is this for me?) on Preview for some PvP! I have chosen Preview because there are less people so it will be easier for most to have a chance and because I get to give people mounts or turn them into ones. I will be solo queuing with my Control Wizard Ishbiliya.

For full transparency, another reason for choosing preview is because this is a "test" event on my end. This event is being announced here (and likely spread through word of mouth) but I purposely wanted this to be an event for the more dedicated community/forum members. This will allow me to see how much interest and activity there is at this volume of players and how to grow it into the live server in a way that still remains fun.

One of the concerns expressed in the poll thread was if this event was meant to replace the PvP with the Devs. It's not! Organizing events with one developer can be tough so with multiple ones, it's a much larger project. I had originally planned for March as PvP with Devs but it looks like April is more likely.

I hope to see you all tomorrow on Preview!

Comments

• sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    was hoping for a non-meta T9G run :|
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Hm, given that PVP is a minority pastime for most NW players this is hardly a good test of how popular something like this will be. Play with the CM events should be aimed at the majority of players, not the minority if you want to test their popularity.
  • qexotic said:

Hm, given that PVP is a minority pastime for most NW players this is hardly a good test of how popular something like this will be. Play with the CM events should be aimed at the majority of players, not the minority if you want to test their popularity.

There was a poll vote and that we won the vote, speaks volumes about the PVP community and how much we care about making PVP better. Not just for the PVP players but also for the majority of PVE players to enjoy their pastime, as you say.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User

There was a poll vote and that we won the vote, speaks volumes about the PVP community and how much we care about making PVP better. Not just for the PVP players but also for the majority of PVE players to enjoy their pastime, as you say.

I do find it interesting that you say "we" won. Do we really think all players are just PvP or PvE? LOL

I admit I would be curious what percent of the players play just PvP, just PvE, or both.
  • There was a poll vote and that we won the vote, speaks volumes about the PVP community and how much we care about making PVP better. Not just for the PVP players but also for the majority of PVE players to enjoy their pastime, as you say.

I do find it interesting that you say "we" won. Do we really think all players are just PvP or PvE? LOL

I admit I would be curious what percent of the players play just PvP, just PvE, or both.
    I don't think all players are PVP or PVE thats just stupid. The "we" refers to the players that care about PVP.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User

The masses have spoken and the masses have chosen - PvP it is!

Join me tomorrow, February 23, at 2pm PT (when is this for me?) on Preview for some PvP! I have chosen Preview because there are less people so it will be easier for most to have a chance and because I get to give people mounts or turn them into ones. I will be solo queuing with my Control Wizard Ishbiliya.

For full transparency, another reason for choosing preview is because this is a "test" event on my end. This event is being announced here (and likely spread through word of mouth) but I purposely wanted this to be an event for the more dedicated community/forum members. This will allow me to see how much interest and activity there is at this volume of players and how to grow it into the live server in a way that still remains fun.

One of the concerns expressed in the poll thread was if this event was meant to replace the PvP with the Devs. It's not! Organizing events with one developer can be tough so with multiple ones, it's a much larger project. I had originally planned for March as PvP with Devs but it looks like April is more likely.

I hope to see you all tomorrow on Preview!

Dont forget to slot Imprisonment
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    @nitocris83

Already pushing the pvp date with the devs to April (more likely ) The wording used to let us down easy is exactly as I predicted right on track lol +1
    *continues to read fortunes and horoscopes*
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    > @kalina311 said:
    > @nitocris83
    >
    > Already pushing the pvp date with the devs to April (more likely ) The wording used to let us down easy is exactly as I predicted right on track lol +1
    > *continues to read fortunes and horoscopes*

The wording is meant to be fully transparent: I have scheduling goals but I am realistic that getting Dev time is not something accomplished easily. Getting a full team of Devs for PvP? It requires coordination and full scope of schedules.

While it is your prerogative to believe this means one thing, all I can continue doing is being transparent about community goals and provide updates. My current goal is PvP with Devs in April. By the third week of March I’ll have a better idea of how that is shaping up and be able to finalize April community events.
    edited February 2018
    thank you for trying then *hugs* also dont forget the Pink owl bear : D
    come to think of it are there any custom mounts that are pink
    also make sure the devs are not wearing cardboard armor :P with crackerjack box enchants
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Reminder to folks that tomorrow’s activities were chosen by poll. This will not always be the case since I hope to engage in all different aspects of gameplay, from dungeons to PvP to questing to skirmishing to Foundry to Hunts to running around doing holiday stuff. I also hope this becomes a more frequent activity :)

Also, please keep in mind these are meant to be *fun* events. And while I can have fun dying repeatedly in PvP laughing at myself, if the situation becomes toxic for the other players or during stream chats, I will have to revisit future events.

Or I’ll turn everyone into chickens. I know a Dev who specializes in fowl deeds.
    edited February 2018
    +1 @nitocris83
    "Also, please keep in mind these are meant to be *fun* events. And while I can have fun dying repeatedly in PvP laughing at myself, if the situation becomes toxic for the other players or during stream chats, I will have to revisit future events. "

that should have been in scary red font " D not too late to change it lol
    Please guys dont troll the event and pick on nitocris83 in her cool outfit save it for the devs : D
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Reminder to folks that tomorrow’s activities were chosen by poll. This will not always be the case since I hope to engage in all different aspects of gameplay, from dungeons to PvP to questing to skirmishing to Foundry to Hunts to running around doing holiday stuff. I also hope this becomes a more frequent activity :)

Also, please keep in mind these are meant to be *fun* events. And while I can have fun dying repeatedly in PvP laughing at myself, if the situation becomes toxic for the other players or during stream chats, I will have to revisit future events.

Or I’ll turn everyone into chickens. I know a Dev who specializes in fowl deeds.

Well be prepared to play against as many Gfs and Trs the players are able to get, bc just to "show" you how "overpowered" and "broken" these classes are in PvP.

So have fun.

And yes i am as an PvE only Player nowadays somewhat p*****d off bc of the PvP influence...

• modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2018

>

The wording is meant to be fully transparent: I have scheduling goals but I am realistic that getting Dev time is not something accomplished easily. Getting a full team of Devs for PvP? It requires coordination and full scope of schedules.

And this is exactly why you have no idea what is happening in game. We are yours customers, you have your Job and money thanks to us, that's why you should have better contact with players, listen of their opinions and do not underestimate them. Sorry but an hour of playing with players once every few months is a JOKE from your side. If you'll keep this policy, first new good MMO will take a half of your players including me and probably my guild. Please don't mess it up.

• darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    im very bad in pvp 3 mods ago i played pvp but since mod 8 my class has been fixed bugs over by over with mod relase and let me usuless in pve my effors for be functional in pve absrbed my time and spends of gears etc
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Update: There will be a small update tomorrow, February 23, between 1- 2pm PT on the Preview Server to temporarily modify some Control Wizard powers and feats. Nothing to see here.... Move along....
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Good luck in there, the pvp map is a dangerous place.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    @nitocris83 are you streaming this event for i would like to watch instead of coming to preview​​
    edited February 2018
    @nitocris83 where are we supposed to go ...no meeting place no plans no sign up sheet nothing nada nil *sigh*
    even other mods are asking me where to go as if i should know lol
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Didn’t read all the comments but from I did read it seems that PC gamers are considered the most dedicated in the community/forums. However, I can almost guarantee there are just as many if not more on console that didn’t even know there was a forum.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    are the tr overpowered or the player know so much how to build the tr for pvp than the dev team ? xD
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    i wonder if the tr are using sigil of the gwf as main artifact xD (find out what im talking about -.- ?)