test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashes after hitting Play

frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
I've finally gotten a friend of mine to give Neverwinter a try. After patching for like 8 hours (with on-demand patching on)[you really gotta work on the download speeds), he hits play. What happens? Crash. Verifying game files doesn't seem to actually verify. Safe mode doesn't help.

The gameclient opens after clicking play, shows a black screen, the pointer shows a loading symbol (which stops rotating), it crashes and opens up the crash handler.

Any suggestions? I was really looking forward for it :/ Even made a new account so that VIP wouldn't get in the way.
FrozenFire

Comments

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    He's using this laptop with Windows 10 64-bit installed.
    FrozenFire
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Nobody has a possible solution or work-around? :/
    FrozenFire
  • tythesly#1481 tythesly Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ive been having an issue since the 26th... On my Windows 7 VM game used to work perfectly with lowest settings. But now whenever the game loads into the game I keep getting a fatal error stating "Direct3D driver returned error code (e_outofmemory) while creating vertex buffer." I'm trying my windows 10 virtual machine (also never had an issue) and I have the same problem as you. Screen goes completely black and crashes to the point I need to manually reboot the machine. I know both of these are virtual machines but Ive been playing for over 234 hours now on them and never had a single problem before.
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    When the client crashes on PC, you should get a CrypticError window where you can type a description of what happened. There's a number on that window. Send that to me and I'll let you know what went wrong and if there's a workaround, or we'll get a fix in a future build.
    miasmat said:

When the client crashes on PC, you should get a CrypticError window where you can type a description of what happened. There's a number on that window. Send that to me and I'll let you know what went wrong and if there's a workaround, or we'll get a fix in a future build.

Yay! Thanks for the reply. I'll get back to you with that ASAP.
    FrozenFire
    miasmat said:

Umm... Sorry for the delay. He wasn't available to get me the number. I should be able to get it for you tomorrow. :/
    FrozenFire
    edited February 2018
    So... We tried today but I couldn't get a number :p

But then I did some stuff (don't know what, so don't even ask xD) and it's working now! YAY! :D

EDIT: Oops... I have my chat in that xP
    FrozenFire