test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Different Types of Guardian Fighters

knucklzknucklz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Morning everyone! As the server resets, I thought I would take the time to actually look a little further into my Guardian Fighter. I am currently working on Icewind Dale and Storm Kings, with a 10.5k gear score. I'm a straight up tank built to get beat on, I can really take some hits and control a crowd with my taunts. What I am looking for is a brief description of how other people are running their GF's what stats they are focusing on what feats lines they are going down and what encounter powers and dailies they are running for each type. I want to explore other ways to play the guardian fighter besides a turn and burn tank, because solo I definitely don't burn....but I can get mobbed and walk away lol. I hear mentions of AC/DC, Templock, Healadin, Burnadin, so i'm kinda looking for something along those for my guardian fighter.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Tactician for the Tanky Tank while still providing buffs.

Conqueror as late game DPS tank or just as DPS.

Protector tree is the nominative Tanky Tank but doesn't offer much else.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

GWF Tear Farmer Build

Wait for DCs/OPs/buffbot HR to buff.
    Cast Villain's Menace.
    Get hit once by the boss.
    Cast Knight's Challenge.
    Cast Soul Sight Crystal.
    Press Griffons Wrath 3 times.

The GF mafia be rolling, GWFs be hating, trying to catch us fighting dirty...

Ran with a BiS GF that did this in ToNG more than doubled the GWF that had the Orcus buff in the run. Kinda sad how much damage a GF can do with the right setup. I'm waiting for the fix. I mean look what happened with ITF, Anvil, Command Strike, etc..it is coming.

• dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Sure, right after the devs ever decide to buff SW (correctly), make TR not so underwhelming, make MoFs not suck compared to SS, make Instigator not be window dressing, make Sentinel tank as well as Protector/Tactician/Justice Tankadin, make Archer useful again, and decide to retune Bulwark & Light Paladins.

So, see you around in Mod 1005.

@rjc9000 you're forgetting that most of those would be buffs. GF nerfs would easily take precedence over any of that stuff.
    rjc9000 said:

Ran with a BiS GF that did this in ToNG more than doubled the GWF that had the Orcus buff in the run. Kinda sad how much damage a GF can do with the right setup.

Are these the same GWF that don't understand Battle Fury buffs their own DPS?
    Or are these the best GWFs that PS4 has to offer?

:p

I mean look what happened with ITF, Anvil, Command Strike, etc..it is coming.

Sure, right after the devs ever decide to buff SW (correctly), make TR not so underwhelming, make MoFs not suck compared to SS, make Instigator not be window dressing, make Sentinel tank as well as Protector/Tactician/Justice Tankadin, make Archer useful again, and decide to retune Bulwark & Light Paladins.

So, see you around in Mod 1005.
    Devs will fix the GF damage prior to all other updates because the GWF party is crying due to being beat by a GF.
  • boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    GF’s don’t beat GWF’s flat out. That’s not possible with both being similar item level and competency. It requires the meta group doing everything they can to buff the GF. Including the GWF, if one is in the group. Give me some battle fury plz. From 4 Con Artists and 1 dancing shield to weapon enchants mixture. From giving the GF your fire from the wheel to the GF using the crystal etc. It’s not the GF. They debuffed everyone’s bondings, but gave us the most overpowered artifact in the game thus far on top of 5 Trex’s synergy.

If groups didn’t agree to all just be there to buff the GF, in boss fights, these huge hits wouldn’t exist. Requires the team.

Now, if there were a way for everyone to buff any other toon in this manner, that would be the meta group. I say grab a dps spec GF or be one. I’d rather make it thru the toughest content for the sake of seals, refinement etc., than struggle so other toon types can be happy.

Lastly, I will never get on a nerf bandwagon for any toon type. But I will champion buffs for everyone. Why? Moving thru content faster equals better stuff for everyone. If you must grind, grind fast. And “I wanna go fast” Ricky Bobby
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Gf slowly build damage stacks ( non cheesy way).
    gf has to be and the tank ( and again with not the cheesy way) in the party to get the reckless attacker x 5 stacks and x5 warrior wrath.
    Under the normal conditions gf is near to dps classes sometimes stronger than them sometimes deal lesser damage.
    Before gf get adjustments cryptic should fix first the reason a gf looks like god( i will not talk about public).
    And this go for any class that maybe overperform because weird items interactions.

GF’s don’t beat GWF’s flat out. That’s not possible with both being similar item level and competency. It requires the meta group doing everything they can to buff the GF. Including the GWF, if one is in the group. Give me some battle fury plz. From 4 Con Artists and 1 dancing shield to weapon enchants mixture. From giving the GF your fire from the wheel to the GF using the crystal etc. It’s not the GF. They debuffed everyone’s bondings, but gave us the most overpowered artifact in the game thus far on top of 5 Trex’s synergy.

If groups didn’t agree to all just be there to buff the GF, in boss fights, these huge hits wouldn’t exist. Requires the team.

Now, if there were a way for everyone to buff any other toon in this manner, that would be the meta group. I say grab a dps spec GF or be one. I’d rather make it thru the toughest content for the sake of seals, refinement etc., than struggle so other toon types can be happy.

Lastly, I will never get on a nerf bandwagon for any toon type. But I will champion buffs for everyone. Why? Moving thru content faster equals better stuff for everyone. If you must grind, grind fast. And “I wanna go fast” Ricky Bobby

Most player that want super fast dungeon live in the NOW MOMENT. They simply don't relish the challenge of content and probably don't know what hard is or what challenging actually is in games.

Most of you wanting easy mode super faster 10-15 minute t9 simply are not gamers but are more than likely casual players. Sorry but that is the truth. A true gamer wants the grind, wants to get the experience of the content and will remember the days of EQ and other older MMO games where dungeons were not beat in a matter of minutes. The easy dungeons would be an hour and the latest and the toughest would be days worth of grinding out to beat a single dungeons.

Today's MMOs are easy, period and quite frankly those that state OMG you need XYZ to beat T9, LMAO...did t9 with a full 13K group in under an hour with 1 tank, 1 DC, and 3 DPS. It can be done and you know what it worked well because we knew the mechanics and what enounters/at wills to use throughout the run.

The meta groups I have ran with, half of the time they fail and I spend almost an hour on the last boss because the two DPS are battling it out for top damage dealer on the chart. I usually leave after 3 failed attempts and I see more failures with Meta groups where a GF and GWF are battling it out to be top DPS.
  • boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    The grind is in the campaigns. Getting boons for several toons is enough of a grind for anyone. So if there is one thing people want to expedite if possible, it’s dungeons and skirmishes. For the salvage and other possible drops, veterans and new players alike want to move thru as efficiently as possible......so they can run it again and again and again. Fast/slow challenging or not, the grind is in the repetition.

That said, the most fun I’ve had in a ToNG was when our pally stepped away for what he said would be a few minutes. We waited for 3 minutes and then started anyways. He never came back lol, and we 4 manned the whole thing. Luckily my spec is a hybrid so I can actually tank while doing damage. Orcus was a riot. I ran SWW but left off the survivors wraps. Kept capstone up and dailies for days.