test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My launcher wont download game

cetaceta Member Posts: 39 Arc User
When Attempting to download from both ARC and from steam. My Never-winter launcher keeps crashing. So its nothing to do with ARC and STEAM.

It lets me log in on the down loader, it then attempts to download a few meg. Then crashes an a 3d box pops up for me to tell them little elf's what is wrong. Well, The reinstall worked on wife's computer. i am confused why Her i5 can download it but my i7 can not.

Trouble shooting steps;

* I have uninstalled both Steam and ARC , Reinstalled them both.
* i have uninstalled present game and attempted new install cause it refused to update
* i have cleaned system cache.
* Cleared all cookies and saved content on browsers
* uninstalled all browsers and reinstalled them.
* set game to run as administrator
* compatibility mode set to windows XP service pack 2
* I uninstalled my antivirus
* I performed system "clean boot" to make sure nothing in background is effecting the download.
* Reinstalled Java.
* CMD Ping -t 8.8.8.8 <- watched my stability of network to see if there was any crashes. There was none during the crash of the down loader.
* Checked my other games. All games work 100%
: Guild wars 2
: Counter strike source / CSGO
: Archeage online
: league of legends
: Combat Arms
: Rappelz

Between each step i took i restarted computer for fresh attempt.
This is also a gaming Computer, its specs.

I7 5th gen 4.0
16 gigs of ram
gigabit mother board.
Corsair CX600CM power supply
1T hard drive.30 % full

I am a little puzzled on what to do.

Please help.

Comments

• Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    You can copy the files from your wife's computer to yours...

Go to the game directory on your wife's computer and copy the piggs folder at ...\Neverwinter\Live, and copy it to the same place in your PC (delete your piggs folder first so that any corrupted files are gone).

If that doesn't help, try copying the entire Live folder into ...\Neverwinter.

Hope it solves the problem. Good luck.
    FrozenFire