test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Serious Bug In new REFINING POINT system ! ALL RP LOST !

tontze#3587 tontze Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Very serious bug In new RP system.!

All RP points made out of enchantments are consumed upon refining weapon, but not counted towards next level!

Here is what i did :

1. Made 25 RP from enchantment in inventory via inventory options -> convert to refiniment points
2. Went character sheet from main menu, and selected swordknot drop down menu "refine..."
3. Noted two things: 25 RP usable, 6865 for next rank
4. used 25 RP by using square refine button
5. Noted two things: 25 RP point used, still 6865 for next rank

Conclusion, used 25 RP, gained zero advance towards next level.

Video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGo9ERDh0qY

PS. Same RP made from enchantments, are not working when refining enchantments either :/
Post edited by tontze#3587 on

Comments

• tontze#3587 tontze Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    You need to address bugfix asap for this since all RP from different sources are mixed together..

Cant even imagine how much RP i have lost because of this..
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I also have been having issues with rp. I refine enough to upgrade my gear to the next rarity, select the ward and press the button but nothing happens. When I exit the screen and go back it says I need more RP. I’ve lost so much rp because of this bug.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    You only had 18 and needed over 10,000. So, yes it used all 18 and did not increase levels. I don't see the bug.

I also have been having issues with rp. I refine enough to upgrade my gear to the next rarity, select the ward and press the button but nothing happens. When I exit the screen and go back it says I need more RP. I’ve lost so much rp because of this bug.

On artifacts and artifact equipment, it shows you and uses the amount to the next level, not to the upgrade point.
    edited January 2018
    > @zephyriah said:
    > You only had 18 and needed over 10,000. So, yes it used all 18 and did not increase levels. I don't see the bug.

If you watch the video. 10435 needed for the next rank, i used 6k+ RP, and still needs 10435 for next rank? If i use 100RP made from other sources, it will Be counted towards next level.

So i used over 6K RP and did advance nothing

> @zephyriah said:

> You only had 18 and needed over 10,000. So, yes it used all 18 and did not increase levels. I don't see the bug.

If you watch the video. 10435 needed for the next rank, i used 6k+ RP, and still needs 10435 for next rank? If i use 100RP made from other sources, it will Be counted towards next level.

So i used over 6K RP and did advance nothing

I did watch the video, unfortunately due to apparently using a camera/phone and not posting the direct Xbox capture, it was filmed with the lower left corner of the screen not showing in the first part of the video. By the time we can see it, it only verifies you had18 RP and that was used. I don't know if it was a visual display bug from a previous upgrade or and actual bug with the upgrade and points used. You didn't include the necessary information in the way you provided the video. That lower total is really necessary to prove your point and show if it was a display bug, loss of RP or even a camera edit.

If you have the actual screen capture, you should post it and provide the link. That will more clearly show what actually happened on that 6K displayed attempt.
    I do see whole video with no problem Must be a probpro At your side? Video might be better tho, its way too Short, That i do agree.

Description of the problem in my opinion isnt too hard To understand.. And so easy To replicate.

I do see whole video with no problem Must be a probpro At your side? Video might be better tho, its way too Short, That i do agree.

Description of the problem in my opinion isnt too hard To understand.. And so easy To replicate.

I haven't seen it replicated. Understanding your claim is not hard, proving that the conclusion you reached is the only possible explanation is. That is my only point. When submitting a bug report, you need to provide all the available information and the steps to recreate. You did not, so I tried to get you to provide the missing information and explain why it is needed.

It's not the length of the video that is the issue. In the lower left corner of the refinement screen it shows the total RP in your bank. In the video you posted, the lower left corner of that screen is not visible during the first refinement attempt. At the point it does become visible, it only shows 18 RP. When you refine, it either uses enough RP to get to the next level, or all your RP. It would not leave 18 in any of those circumstances without moving to a full upgrade. So, that is questionable issue. Why was there 18 RP left? If it didn't actually use any RP and it was ghosting, it would explain the 18 RP, but if it did use your RP and did not go to the next level, there is another issue that needs attention and a question for the Devs to answer. Why did it not use all the available RP as it is programmed to do?

Neverwinter has a serious visual bug with ghosting. It will redisplay previous attempts of the same action, or even that action on another character, even though that is not is what is actually happening. This is what I suspect happened and you didn't actually lose any RP. But, to know if I'm right or you are correct and actually lost RP, we need to see the amount of RP in that lower corner on the first attempt you filmed.
    I Will post better video soon. And step by step instructions how to replicate it.
    It looks like my enchantments are bugged. I tried to refine enchantment, all RP was again lost, i then moved same enchantment to my ALT, refining there worked well, moved it back, and i was able to refine it there :)
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    There is a known issue that we partially fixed with a patch on Wednesday Feb 7. When updating an artifact, it would sometime get confused about what rank it is and think it's max rank when it's not. We're fixed the server side issue where it would let you put more points into the item than it can hold (using up all your RP for no apparent), but we found the issue after the console builds were on their way to Sony and Microsoft for Cert. We made a server-side fix to prevent the RP from being spent, but the UI gives an awkward experience and appears stuck until you close and reopen the Upgrade window. So, think of it getting "stuck" as preventing the previous bug of over-spending.
This discussion has been closed.